69%

Total votes: 58

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,571

Re: Sekou to Orlando? 

Post#61 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jan 5, 2021 11:20 am

Keep being that voice of reason man.

Bring all the negativity you can! It's sweet as.

Kids are playing, we're losing competitive games and most of our free agency signings are doing well (except Okafor).

What you got to hate on now?
ByeByeDre wrote:
DNice68 wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
It’s been six games for Sekou?

Also, I don’t recall if Middleton or Dinwiddie’s agents FIRED THEM. Character matters. I’ll repost the poll soon.

A whomping 7 games, I’m sorry!

He’s a rookie? News to me!

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#62 » by ByeByeDre » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:49 pm

Shall we call Orlando now or is it too late? 7/37
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 483

Post#63 » by DetroitDon15 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:55 pm

Yes give me the 15th pick.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,324

Post#64 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:05 pm

Yeah, Sekou doesn't have the value to return the #15 pick in this draft. He might have before the season but he looks like he hasn't improved which kills his current value. I'm not ready to write him off but unless were willing to accept a late first we're stuck with him.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
mrroboto4889
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#65 » by mrroboto4889 » Wed Feb 3, 2021 2:35 am

Classic case of "he's worth more to us than what we would get in return." Kinda where I was at with Stanley. You can have Thon Maker or continue riding it out with your own bust. Idk what percentage chance I give Sekou developing into a solid starter. But I want to be the ones that still have him rather than create another Middleton situation.
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#66 » by ByeByeDre » Wed Feb 3, 2021 2:57 am

Invictus88 wrote:
jakebernat wrote:what a stupid post. I wonder who voted “yes” :lol:

Most logically the OP. They at least thought it was debatable enough to warrant a poll.

There’s no debate anymore.......
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#67 » by jakebernat » Fri Feb 5, 2021 8:58 am

ByeByeDre wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:
jakebernat wrote:what a stupid post. I wonder who voted “yes” :lol:

Most logically the OP. They at least thought it was debatable enough to warrant a poll.

LOL

this is the only recognition I’ll give you since I know how badly you crave it, sifting through months and months of posts.

sekou is underperforming to expectations.

*ceremonious confetti drops and a Kelly Clarkson playlist cues*

other than that, what’s your point? why would we trade our 1st round pick after his first year...for another 1st round pick??

Bet you knew everything about jerami grant too...
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#68 » by Pharaoh » Fri Feb 5, 2021 1:07 pm

Don't feed it.

jakebernat wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:

LOL

this is the only recognition I’ll give you since I know how badly you crave it, sifting through months and months of posts.

other than that, what’s your point? why would we trade our 1st round pick after his first year...for another 1st round pick??

MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,304

Post#69 » by MrBigShot » Fri Feb 5, 2021 2:22 pm

Don't know if he can be a player in this league but we sure as hell aren't gonna find out with him playing 12mpg.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#70 » by ByeByeDre » Sat Feb 6, 2021 2:49 am

By the time this poll’s complete, we should be about 40/40
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#71 » by ByeByeDre » Sat Feb 6, 2021 2:50 am

jakebernat wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:

LOL

Thanks for participating!
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#72 » by ByeByeDre » Sat Feb 6, 2021 4:03 am

MrBigShot wrote:Don't know if he can be a player in this league but we sure as hell aren't gonna find out with him playing 12mpg.

If he was better than minus 15 in those twelve minutes, mostly against second stringers, he might get more minutes........
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#73 » by Pharaoh » Sat Feb 6, 2021 4:16 am

He's 20 years old!

Not a finished product at all.

IF he still looks out of place by the end of next season then we'll once again talk about how this organisation - regardless of the FO - develops first round picks.

Until then 12-20 minutes most nights is acceptable to me.

Well aware I'm in the minority on this board.
MrBigShot wrote:Don't know if he can be a player in this league but we sure as hell aren't gonna find out with him playing 12mpg.

JohnReese
Senior
And1: 272

Post#74 » by JohnReese » Sat Feb 6, 2021 10:11 am

He is too slow, his ball-handling is bad and he lacks IQ to play the game. If we look at the bright side he has a good shooting mechanic and is good as offensive rebounder. It would be ok if he would have been a second round pick.

By some reason that I fail to understand he has added pounds of muscle and due to that he is even slower than last year. He was not a skinny guy and the league is going in a direction where players are losing weight to be lighter and faster, not the other way round.
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#75 » by ByeByeDre » Sat Feb 6, 2021 1:30 pm

JohnReese wrote:He is too slow, his ball-handling is bad and he lacks IQ to play the game. If we look at the bright side he has a good shooting mechanic and is good as offensive rebounder. It would be ok if he would have been a second round pick.

By some reason that I fail to understand he has added pounds of muscle and due to that he is even slower than last year. He was not a skinny guy and the league is going in a direction where players are losing weight to be lighter and faster, not the other way round.

He’s a bust. Some just figure it out faster than others. The fact that his agents FIRED HIM last summer should have been a massive tipoff.

His plus/minus is the WORST ON THE TEAM. What makes that downright amazing is that he’s tenth in minutes, and usually in there against a lot of second stringers.

IMO he’s gone soon. He’s not one of Troy’s boys. No loyalty there.

But the fifteenth pick is only a pipe dream now..... should have sold relatively high
PointaSista
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#76 » by PointaSista » Sat Feb 6, 2021 1:37 pm

Darko was mismanaged like every other prospect.....Darko played 10 seasons averaged 8pts/5 ast at his pinnacle, average a steal a game, started for 3 different teams...no way Sekou plays 10 seasons let's alone surpass Darkos stats....trade him now!!
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#77 » by Piston Pete » Sat Feb 6, 2021 2:00 pm

We are mis-managing Sekou. He needs to play more, not less.

I mean, he’s playing 12 minutes/game so Blake’s corpse can play 30+ minutes per. Even when Blake is out of the lineup, we just slide Grant over to PF and have him play 35+.

Last season, at 19 years old, Sekou averaged 19.5 minutes per and put up a respectable 6/3.

This season, behind a lesser, downright terrible version of Blake, when he should be playing MORE, we are instead playing him 12 minutes per (down from last season’s 19).

At some point this season, I hope we shut down Blake and play Sekou 25-30 minutes per. At least that way, he can show us something. Good or bad, we’ll at least get a better sample size of him out on the floor.

I don’t feel we can judge a 20 year old kid who was knowingly raw as far as experience-wise when we drafted him, based on a measly 12 minutes/night.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,972

Post#78 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 6, 2021 2:02 pm

Gotta just keep him now and hope he develops. The return probably wouldn't be worth the risk of him figuring it out elsewhere.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#79 » by Sort » Sat Feb 6, 2021 7:36 pm

I usually disagree with the toss the young kid the keys and hope he learns as he goes. However, if our four on the floor is going to be awful, it might as well be Sekou. See if consistently getting 25 minutes a night helps or sinks him.

I mean Blake is drowning out there as is.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#80 » by Manocad » Sat Feb 6, 2021 9:15 pm

PointaSista wrote:Darko was mismanaged like every other prospect.....Darko played 10 seasons averaged 8pts/5 ast at his pinnacle, average a steal a game, started for 3 different teams...no way Sekou plays 10 seasons let's alone surpass Darkos stats....trade him now!!

Anyone who was around during the Darko days and knows basketball will tell you that Darko's problem was Darko. He couldn't keep his head in the game and didn't want to put in the work. The fact that his peak was 8/6 playing extended time for four different teams tells you everything you need to know.

Sekou didn't come roaring out of the gate but any claim that it's over for him, i.e. he can't develop further, is absolutely premature. People seem to forget that players spend FAR more time developing their game in practices than in actual games. They just don't see the practices and seem to think that playing in games is the only way for a player to get better. I'm all for giving the kids minutes but you can't play a kid 30 minutes every game when they're out there floundering. It's not good for the player's confidence and the fans don't want to watch it either. Like I've said previously, it is still generally expected by most fans that the players who are effective play and the ones who struggle get pulled.

Return to Detroit Pistons