Monroe to Toronto Idea

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea 

Post#21 » by Liqourish » Sun Jul 7, 2013 11:48 am

Piston Pete wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:I'd post the Michael Scott "NOOOO" gif, but I think you get the idea.

If you trade Monroe, you bring back a franchise player or a guaranteed top 2 pick in the 2014 draft. Nothing less.

I think some of us are over-valuing Monroe a bit.

It seems doubtful we get a high lottery pick in next season's draft (GOAT draft?) with Monroe.

It's not really overvalucing him, it's wanting an outstanding offer to move a young successful big, who we have no reason to move.
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#22 » by WigginsNation » Mon Jul 8, 2013 10:05 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:
BCfortheWin wrote:You guys are seriously overrating Monroe. His upside isnt as high as you all think. Plus Toronto would never make that proposed trade by the OP.

Gay and Lowry (not including Ross) for Monroe, CV and Stuckey would get it done tho!

Monroe is better than Val. Would you trade Val for an overpaid wing and point guard? Didn't think so.

Yah he might be better than Val right now, but not in a couple years! and neither is Drummond fyi
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#23 » by Laimbeer » Mon Jul 8, 2013 10:54 am

I owe you an apology, Pete. I thought you were a hopeless homer who only proposed lopsided trades for us. But you've gone a bit far the other way here. Gay isn't close to Monroe in value and Lowry doesn't bridge it.
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#24 » by Warspite » Mon Jul 8, 2013 12:02 pm

Only team I would trade Monroe to is the Heat.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
E-Z
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#25 » by E-Z » Mon Jul 8, 2013 12:25 pm

Don't like the trade. Rudy Gay isn't worth this much, even with Lowry.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#26 » by ComboGuardCity » Mon Jul 8, 2013 1:54 pm

BCfortheWin wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:
BCfortheWin wrote:You guys are seriously overrating Monroe. His upside isnt as high as you all think. Plus Toronto would never make that proposed trade by the OP.

Gay and Lowry (not including Ross) for Monroe, CV and Stuckey would get it done tho!

Monroe is better than Val. Would you trade Val for an overpaid wing and point guard? Didn't think so.

Yah he might be better than Val right now, but not in a couple years! and neither is Drummond fyi

DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#27 » by DetroitDon15 » Mon Jul 8, 2013 2:02 pm

Not interested in that deal as constructed. I'd do Monroe and DNP-CV plus Stuckey for Gay, Ross, and a future pick but I don't see Toronto going for it. The Gay deal is that bad. Sorry.

Return to Detroit Pistons