Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Around the League 

Post#61 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Apr 6, 2015 2:52 am

Lucidity wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:I feel like Enes Kanter is an empty stats player.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Monroe with less post moves and a better jumper basically, still a decent player.

lol

Monroe is a much better defender(eye ball test)
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,717

Post#62 » by Timmaytime » Mon Apr 6, 2015 3:38 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Lucidity wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Monroe with less post moves and a better jumper basically, still a decent player.

lol

But we are seeing how good of an offensive player he is.. 18/11 on 61% TS on solid usage
ComboGuardCity wrote:If Bellinelli drops 50 and we lose I’ll eat my dog
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#63 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Apr 6, 2015 5:37 am

Timmaytime wrote:
But we are seeing how good of an offensive player he is.. 18/11 on 61% TS on solid usage

kanter or moose?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#64 » by MotownMadness » Mon Apr 6, 2015 6:06 pm

ElectricMayhem wrote:
From the New York Post:

When asked if he knows whom he would draft with the top pick, should the Knicks win the draft lottery, Jackson said, “I do.”

During a 45-minute presentation to season-ticket holders at the Garden's Theatre, Jackson also was asked what he cherished more in a big man — the ability to pass and score or be a dominant defender.

“Defender,'' Jackson said to applause, adding to the irony of his trade of Chandler last offseason. “That's a good starting point — a guy like Tyson Chandler and the defensive passion they have to have. So many screen and rolls, so many 3-point shooters, a player of size has to cover and protect the basket but also step out defensively and do defensive work on the extreme part of the floor. It's very important for that player to have defensive capabilities.''

Phil Jackson is trolling. His first order of business as GM was to trade away Tyson Chandler. Now he says that's the type of player most necessary to win. Seriously, the dude is just laughing all the way to the bank. Glad it ended up being Dolan's money and not ours.

Sounds like he would use the top pick on Towns
Lucidity
Banned User
And1: 470

Post#65 » by Lucidity » Tue Apr 7, 2015 12:40 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Lucidity wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

lol

Monroe will never be an elite defender but the whole Monroe is a nightmare on d is such an urban myth.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#66 » by sc8581 » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:42 am

Lucidity wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
Lucidity wrote:
lol

Monroe will never be an elite defender but the whole Monroe is a nightmare on d is such an urban myth.

When it comes to help defense of any kind his feet seem to be in cement, he does have good hands and I would never call him a nightmare though.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#67 » by DBC10 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 3:36 pm

Has anyone seen this nightmare? For all the complaining we do with KCP, it really could be a lot worse. He's shooting the Bucks out of the playoffs.
bballnmike
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#68 » by bballnmike » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:02 pm

^^I like the added annotations, as if the color coded chart wasn't obvious enough lol
DBC10
General Manager

Post#69 » by DBC10 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:54 pm

Curry is the best shooter in the league and will go down as the best all-time when it's all said and done. This guy is so unreal while only playing 32.8 minutes a game and he's the leading MVP candidate. Has handles like Baron Davis, shoots better than Ray Allen, and has confidence of Agent Zero to pull up from anywhere.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#70 » by sc8581 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:05 pm

DBC10 wrote:Curry is the best shooter in the league and will go down as the best all-time when it's all said and done. This guy is so unreal while only playing 32.8 minutes a game and he's the leading MVP candidate. Has handles like Baron Davis, shoots better than Ray Allen, and has confidence of Agent Zero to pull up from anywhere.

While I completely agree with all of this, I think people need to realize that the difference between Curry and a guy like Jennings is basically one 3-pointer going in instead of missing every other game.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Post#71 » by tmorgan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:11 pm

sc8581 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:Curry is the best shooter in the league and will go down as the best all-time when it's all said and done. This guy is so unreal while only playing 32.8 minutes a game and he's the leading MVP candidate. Has handles like Baron Davis, shoots better than Ray Allen, and has confidence of Agent Zero to pull up from anywhere.

While I completely agree with all of this, I think people need to realize that the difference between Curry and a guy like Jennings is basically one 3-pointer going in instead of missing every other game.

Yeah, right, and taking 60% more without losing any efficiency... and an extra assist (and turnover)... and twice as many rebounds... and twice as many steals... and better defense.

The difference between 44% and 36% from 3 is STAGGERING. It's the difference between the best in the league (of the high volume shooters) and strictly average. It's like saying a genius isn't that much smarter than an average person because they both have the same size brain, but one just uses it a little better. When that's the range of possibilities, it's a BIG FREAKING DIFFERENCE.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by sc8581 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:19 pm

tmorgan wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

Yeah, right, and taking 60% more without losing any efficiency... and an extra assist (and turnover)... and twice as many rebounds... and twice as many steals... and better defense.

The difference between 44% and 36% from 3 is STAGGERING. It's the difference between the best in the league (of the high volume shooters) and strictly average. It's like saying a genius isn't that much smarter than an average person because they both have the same size brain, but one just uses it a little better. When that's the range of possibilities, it's a BIG FREAKING DIFFERENCE.

You don't think Jennings 3pt% would stay the same or improve by taking a few more a game?
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,062

Post#73 » by MrBigShot » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:19 pm

sc8581 wrote:

The crazy part about it though? Curry's sat out something like 16 fourth quarters this season. If his team wasn't beating others in such dominating fashion he'd probably be averaging 4+ made threes a game.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by sc8581 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:22 pm

MrBigShot wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

The crazy part about it though? Curry's sat out something like 16 fourth quarters this season. If his team wasn't beating others in such dominating fashion he'd probably be averaging 4+ made threes a game.

He always shoots himself out of slumps because he takes so many, not everybody has that convenience.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Around the League 

Post#75 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:04 pm

This discussion is not happening....

Give josh smith an extra 3 pt make a game and his stats look goat like

sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#76 » by sc8581 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:12 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:This discussion is not happening....

Give josh smith an extra 3 pt make a game and his stats look goat like

Exactly. This is why fit, chemistry and system are just as important, sometimes more so than the players you have.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Post#77 » by tmorgan » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:44 am

sc8581 wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

He always shoots himself out of slumps because he takes so many, not everybody has that convenience.

You can't be serious.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#78 » by DBC10 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:19 am

Tim Duncan with the block of the season. Also a throwback stat to his younger days by dropping 29 points on HOU and gathering 10 rebounds.

I wonder what it feels like to have 3 legends on your team playing together for decades. That Spurs team man, their continuity won't ever be repeated again.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#79 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:28 am

DBC10 wrote:Image

Has anyone seen this nightmare? For all the complaining we do with KCP, it really could be a lot worse. He's shooting the Bucks out of the playoffs.

its funny how no ones riding his bandwagon anymore, especially how they were so vocal when he won ROY ...........mmmmm crow
DBC10
General Manager

Post#80 » by DBC10 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:18 pm

^Lol, to be fair, when he did play the first few months, he looked like the second coming of AI for Philly. He was incredible with his early stat lines. But he's long been exposed as of now.

And also, can we please get Gallo. He's dropping points left and right even though it's a tanking team, but he's the only bright spot left on there. He would help us so badly.

Return to Detroit Pistons