MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Re: Drummond trade value 

Post#321 » by MotownMadness » Thu May 9, 2019 5:54 pm

BDM22 wrote:
Spider156 wrote:
flow wrote:
I can live with one more year, begrudgingly. What I can't live with is re-signing him.

That's fair but what if we resign him on a Capela contract? 18m a year? That's pretty good! If he misses the All Star game again I'm pretty sure he'll know he won't get the max anywhere.

Sadly there are lots of guys who aren't all-stars making the money Andre's making. Making the team twice is actually probably better than average for guys on these 20M+ per year deals.

For teams like the Pistons, who can't draw players in free agency, they get desperate to keep the decent players they have, or overpay 2nd or 3rd tier free agents. If Andre has a similar year as just had, I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two desperate teams offering him something in the 3-year 25M+ per year range. He'll only be 26 years old if he opts out. 27 if he goes another year. Should be the height of his prime.

Yeah there’s enough bad teams who can’t get FAs like us that will sign him to another good deal. I think it’s time both parties move on from him in Detroit though as it’s ran it’s course. Someone else might make it work and get him engaged but he’s become way to relaxed here.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#322 » by MotownMadness » Thu May 9, 2019 5:55 pm

I’d rather just run Blake at the 5 with more of a floor stretching/driver big wing at the 4. I know that’s a hard player to find but if we could just add two 6’8 type of wings at the 3 and 4 with Blake at the 5 we would be a lot better in my opinion especially come playoff time.

Then just sign a decent backup defensive rebounding 5 to come in when needed if Blake is getting abused like a Noel for example.

Tobias would be perfect for the type of lineup I’m wanting, :banghead:
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#323 » by DBC10 » Thu May 9, 2019 7:53 pm

MotownMadness wrote:I’d rather just run Blake at the 5 with more of a floor stretching/driver big wing at the 4. I know that’s a hard player to find but if we could just add two 6’8 type of wings at the 3 and 4 with Blake at the 5 we would be a lot better in my opinion especially come playoff time.

Then just sign a decent backup defensive rebounding 5 to come in when needed if Blake is getting abused like a Noel for example.

Yeah what you're describing is literally Marcus and Tobias, which were more competitive and balanced than the roster we have now.

Those two ironically enough were missed during this season when we had no wings or length to compete at the perimeter
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#324 » by DetroitSho » Fri May 10, 2019 3:36 am

DBC10 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:I’d rather just run Blake at the 5 with more of a floor stretching/driver big wing at the 4. I know that’s a hard player to find but if we could just add two 6’8 type of wings at the 3 and 4 with Blake at the 5 we would be a lot better in my opinion especially come playoff time.

Yeah what you're describing is literally Marcus and Tobias, which were more competitive and balanced than the roster we have now.

Those two ironically enough were missed during this season when we had no wings or length to compete at the perimeter
More competitive as in 3 more wins in the regular season, still getting swept and missing the playoffs the next? TF?

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#325 » by DBC10 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:46 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

More competitive as in 3 more wins in the regular season, still getting swept and missing the playoffs the next? TF?

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

More competitive as in yes, literally more competitive, you heard correct. And that we didn't get blown out by more than 20 points per contest on national television. Whereas in 2015 it was 8.5 against the eventual Finals contender. It's reasonable to assume with the right seeding we could've made an even bigger splash.

So of course, that group on paper had more depth and shooting than now, which is what my main point is. All I'm saying is, it would've been nice had we had one or both of them for us along with Blake. Hence the irony, we essentially gave them up to obtain BG.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,045

Post#326 » by bstein14 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:22 pm

DeAndre Jordan's contract this summer should be a good foreshadowing of what Drummond might get on the open market. Center's who can't shoot, and aren't great in the post, and aren't great defensively are just not that valuable in the current NBA. As more and more 3 pointers are shot rebounds get longer and longer and you're going to see more guards and wing players pick up more rebounds. Drummond is good, and would be fine if he's paid as and is your 4th best player, but you can't have players like him be a cornerstone of your franchise. You also have to have 4 shooters around him if you're every going to want him to post up people. He also doesn't work well with ISO Blake because it makes it easier for Dre's man to help out on Blake. ISO Blake would have done much better with a starting 5 similar to what Giannis has in Milwaukee.

Drummond should be a $60 million over 4 years type player on his next deal and if he doesn't get better even that might be an overpayment.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#327 » by BDM22 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:01 am

bstein14 wrote:DeAndre Jordan's contract this summer should be a good foreshadowing of what Drummond might get on the open market. Center's who can't shoot, and aren't great in the post, and aren't great defensively are just not that valuable in the current NBA. As more and more 3 pointers are shot rebounds get longer and longer and you're going to see more guards and wing players pick up more rebounds. Drummond is good, and would be fine if he's paid as and is your 4th best player, but you can't have players like him be a cornerstone of your franchise. You also have to have 4 shooters around him if you're every going to want him to post up people. He also doesn't work well with ISO Blake because it makes it easier for Dre's man to help out on Blake. ISO Blake would have done much better with a starting 5 similar to what Giannis has in Milwaukee.

Drummond should be a $60 million over 4 years type player on his next deal and if he doesn't get better even that might be an overpayment.

Deandre is 31 this summer and has been declining for years. I think the interest in him this year will be nothing compared to Andre at 26/27 years old, assuming he plays similar to last year.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,254

Post#328 » by GreekAlex » Sat May 11, 2019 4:19 am

BDM22 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:DeAndre Jordan's contract this summer should be a good foreshadowing of what Drummond might get on the open market. Center's who can't shoot, and aren't great in the post, and aren't great defensively are just not that valuable in the current NBA. As more and more 3 pointers are shot rebounds get longer and longer and you're going to see more guards and wing players pick up more rebounds. Drummond is good, and would be fine if he's paid as and is your 4th best player, but you can't have players like him be a cornerstone of your franchise. You also have to have 4 shooters around him if you're every going to want him to post up people. He also doesn't work well with ISO Blake because it makes it easier for Dre's man to help out on Blake. ISO Blake would have done much better with a starting 5 similar to what Giannis has in Milwaukee.

Deandre is 31 this summer and has been declining for years. I think the interest in him this year will be nothing compared to Andre at 26/27 years old, assuming he plays similar to last year.

I understand where you’re coming from logically with the age difference and statistical difference but my question is, do you want a center with that skill set to be your teams focal point?

I don’t think a team can be successful allocating that much salary cap to a player like Andre.

Regardless of his flashes of dominance and big numbers, I don’t believe it equals team success or any type of consistency.

Successful teams are built upon players that buy into their roles. He wants to be a 2nd option offensively and becomes disengaged on defense if he isn’t involved in the offense.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#329 » by BDM22 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:01 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
BDM22 wrote:

I understand where you’re coming from logically with the age difference and statistical difference but my question is, do you want a center with that skill set to be your teams focal point?

I don’t think a team can be successful allocating that much salary cap to a player like Andre.

Regardless of his flashes of dominance and big numbers, I don’t believe it equals team success or any type of consistency.

Successful teams are built upon players that buy into their roles. He wants to be a 2nd option offensively and becomes disengaged on defense if he isn’t involved in the offense.

I definitely didn't say I thought it would be a good idea to give Andre a huge contract extension or something. I think we should try to find that team that strikes out in free agency this year and try to get a pick or young player out of him. I was only saying that just because Deandre Jordan is unlikely to get a big contract offer in the offseason doesn't mean Andre won't.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#330 » by flow » Thu Jun 6, 2019 1:35 pm

Manocad wrote:
The_Irony wrote:what does the board think of this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3zgq6nl

OKC-Drummond/Galloway
DET - Adams/Grant

Drummond is the bigger "name" and can give OKC their version of a big three as well as Galloways expiring contract and occasional 3s I'm sure he won't attempt to shoot as many of.

Detroit receives much needed toughness and consistent interior defense while allowing more of a focus to go towards Blake, kennard and #15 offensively. you won't have to worry about selective effort with Adams and gives someone to protect Blake and the boys. IMO it's the first step In rebuilding a true Piston identity this fanbase and ownership wants to run away from.

you also get an very athletic 3/4 ..another thing this franchise and fanbase wants to run away from.

salaries are 99% identical. Grant has 2 years left on his deal starting this fall.

I'd make that trade in a split second.

I would, too. Grant is the type of player we've been lacking. I don't think OKC would be interested.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#331 » by El Chivo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Manocad wrote:
Spider156 wrote:This thread is shameful

was it?
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#332 » by Manocad » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:24 pm

El Chivo wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Spider156 wrote:This thread is shameful

was it?

I don’t feel any shame. :dontknow:

Return to Detroit Pistons