ImageImageImage

Drummond trade value

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Re: Drummond trade value 

Post#61 » by Todd3 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:59 am

Finn McCool wrote:Somebody crying about a thread should not be asserting that others are temperamental 5 yr. olds.

I've never been a Drummond supporter (but please don't let it upset any of you).

I wonder if the T-wolves would hang up if Stan offered Andre and Stanley for Dieng and Wiggins.

This thread is like Inception. People crying about people crying about people acting like 5 yr olds, who created a thread calling Drummond a baby lol.

My guess is if Stan made that call, Bower would disconnect his phone and tell him to put the liquor down. That would be an awful trade for us.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#62 » by DetroitSho » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:01 pm

Finn McCool wrote:Somebody crying about a thread should not be asserting that others are temperamental 5 yr. olds.

I've never been a Drummond supporter (but please don't let it upset any of you).

I wonder if the T-wolves would hang up if Stan offered Andre and Stanley for Dieng and Wiggins.

Actually I'm pretty sure the T-Wolves would get on their knees and thank Stan for being so benevolent.
Finn McCool
Senior
And1: 270

Post#63 » by Finn McCool » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Todd3 wrote:This thread is like Inception. People crying about people crying about people acting like 5 yr olds, who created a thread calling Drummond a baby lol.

My guess is if Stan made that call, Bower would disconnect his phone and tell him to put the liquor down. That would be an awful trade for us.

Speculating is entertaining. Right or wrong.

I haven't seen Inception, so I'm not sure of what similarity or comparison you're trying to make. Nonetheless, I wasn't complaining about Navas' remarks, just merely offering unsolicited advice. :P
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#64 » by DETermination » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:47 pm

I'm just going to pretend this thread doesn't exist. Drummond should never be traded.
Detroit vs Everybody
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#65 » by Jstock12 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:24 pm

I thought I'd visit the Pistons board. This thread is quite shocking to me. From an outsider's point of view it looks like Detroit is finally getting back on track to being a really legit team that's maybe a few pieces away from contending, Drummond becoming an All-Star etc. And to find posts hating on him and demanding for a trade was something I did not expect.
Finn McCool
Senior

Post#66 » by Finn McCool » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:46 pm

Jstock12 wrote:I thought I'd visit the Pistons board. This thread is quite shocking to me. From an outsider's point of view it looks like Detroit is finally getting back on track to being a really legit team that's maybe a few pieces away from contending, Drummond becoming an All-Star etc. And to find posts hating on him and demanding for a trade was something I did not expect.

:lol:

First of all... who's that in your avatar? Carrie Ann Inaba?

I don't think there's much hate for Drummond (myself not included). However, when you have people labeling him a franchise player... and he has to leave the court during crucial times of the game because of his inept FT shooting, people will conjure up some hypothetical scenarios.

I feel the Pistons are getting back on track because they have finally improved the bench and have 2 legitimate tough players at the SF position... a position of need for eons. They had a good early surge when they were playing sensible defense.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#67 » by Jstock12 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:00 am

Finn McCool wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:I thought I'd visit the Pistons board. This thread is quite shocking to me. From an outsider's point of view it looks like Detroit is finally getting back on track to being a really legit team that's maybe a few pieces away from contending, Drummond becoming an All-Star etc. And to find posts hating on him and demanding for a trade was something I did not expect.

I don't think there's much hate for Drummond (myself not included). However, when you have people labeling him a franchise player... and he has to leave the court during crucial times of the game because of his inept FT shooting, people will conjure up some hypothetical scenarios.

I feel the Pistons are getting back on track because they have finally improved the bench and have 2 legitimate tough players at the SF position... a position of need for eons. They had a good early surge when they were playing sensible defense.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

P.S. It's Shay Mitchell

Finn McCool
Senior

Post#68 » by Finn McCool » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:29 am

Jstock12 wrote:
Finn McCool wrote:

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

P.S. It's Shay Mitchell

I'll have to explore more about Shay. Real pretty.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#69 » by El Chivo » Tue Feb 9, 2016 5:41 am

Do it asap, Stan
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,358

Post#70 » by Spider156 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:30 am

Lol we'd be the laughing stock of the league if we did this. This thread should've been closed a while ago. It really is shameful
Defense wins championships
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#71 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:58 am

Spider156 wrote:Lol we'd be the laughing stock of the league if we did this. This thread should've been closed a while ago. It really is shameful

well if someone can invite bondom or Tsherkin i am sure we can find a way to get this locked
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#72 » by Liqourish » Tue Feb 9, 2016 1:02 pm

Finn McCool wrote:

The Pistons board has been infested with "Piston fan" trolls for the past few years. They post just to incite other fans. But our "mods" won't do anything about it. :nonono:
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#73 » by Kilo » Tue Feb 9, 2016 1:07 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Spider156 wrote:Lol we'd be the laughing stock of the league if we did this. This thread should've been closed a while ago. It really is shameful

well if someone can invite bondom or Tsherkin i am sure we can find a way to get this locked

Just offer Drummond for the 15th player on the OKC depth chart, Bondom will come over and argue how bad Drummond is and how good that player is and how we're such homers for even suggesting such a biased deal and when people push back he'll dig in and then have Tsherkin come over and lock the thread because people were disagreeing with a mod.

It works just like the Bat Signal.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Kilo
RealGM

Post#74 » by Kilo » Tue Feb 9, 2016 1:09 pm

I'd still trade Drummond for Cousins straight up.
Weaver = Hinkie
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#75 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Feb 9, 2016 1:11 pm

All the things people hate about Drummond and posting about it here are the same things people were saying about Dwight years before he led them to the Finals.

Ben Wallace was a Career 41.4% FT shooter and he won Ships. People need to relax and let players develop. They may just surprise you in the end.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,348

Post#76 » by hoophabit » Tue Feb 9, 2016 1:32 pm

I won't say that Drummond should be considered absolutely untradable. It's possible to imagine deals you could accept.

That said, some people on here just go over the top with their frustration. Drummond has progressed as a player. He does many things better, although FTs aren't one of them. Concluding that his being nice to a fan during a game is a sign that he lacks leadership, or that he shows emotion after a disappointing moment is an indication that he's mentally weak, is just an emotional reaction to your own disappointment. I'll probably get banned for using a dirty word, but patience. :lol:
El Chivo
Starter

Post#77 » by El Chivo » Tue Feb 9, 2016 1:44 pm

I'd trade him for Curry, DMC, Davis, Thompson, KAT, Zingis, LBJ, Wiggins and maybe ten more players.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#78 » by Kilo » Tue Feb 9, 2016 1:59 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:All the things people hate about Drummond and posting about it here are the same things people were saying about Dwight years before he led them to the Finals.

Ben Wallace was a Career 41.4% FT shooter and he won Ships. People need to relax and let players develop. They may just surprise you in the end.

Ben wasn't the centerpiece focal point to our offense like Dre is now. That's a HUGE difference. And Hacking Ben pissed him off and he tripled his effort on the floor in all other aspects, Dre sulks. Drummond has been in the league for four years now - he is what he is by in large at this point. And I HATE that he is an all-star this season, because it just re-enforces to him that he's doing everything right already and he's the type to coast off it.
Weaver = Hinkie
El Chivo
Starter

Post#79 » by El Chivo » Tue Feb 9, 2016 3:15 pm

Kilo wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:All the things people hate about Drummond and posting about it here are the same things people were saying about Dwight years before he led them to the Finals.

Ben wasn't the centerpiece focal point to our offense like Dre is now. That's a HUGE difference. And Hacking Ben pissed him off and he tripled his effort on the floor in all other aspects, Dre sulks. Drummond has been in the league for four years now - he is what he is by in large at this point. And I HATE that he is an all-star this season, because it just re-enforces to him that he's doing everything right already and he's the type to coast off it.

shameful comment!!!
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#80 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 10:43 pm

Liqourish wrote:
Finn McCool wrote:

The Pistons board has been infested with "Piston fan" trolls for the past few years. They post just to incite other fans. But our "mods" won't do anything about it. :nonono:

so apparently Shaq was not a franchise player

Return to Detroit Pistons