ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 695

Re: Around the League 

Post#2161 » by jakebernat » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:20 am

at the end of the day, at least we’re not cavs fans lmao. bunch of slugs over there...
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 5,605

Post#2162 » by Snakebites » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:22 am

DBC10 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:"John Beilein, Cavs expected to make a decision on Beilein's future within next 24-48 hours"

Has a headline like that EVER been followed by a "yah know, we've decided he's gonna stick around" type outcome?

It's just funny the way these things break sometimes.

There was word that guys at start of training camp already didn't like him. It was a dumb hire on Altman's part, I get what he tried to do since they were going for youth and wanted them to rein in, but Beilein is an old fart that should've retired.

Yeah, it's been apparent that things haven't worked out for quite some time.

They gave that guy a 5 year deal, too. Glad it's not my money. A 5 year deal is probably why we're going to have Casey for a while even though he no longer fits with what the team is doing.
whitehops
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,363

Post#2163 » by whitehops » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:33 pm

Snakebites wrote:They gave that guy a 5 year deal, too. Glad it's not my money. A 5 year deal is probably why we're going to have Casey for a while even though he no longer fits with what the team is doing.

yeah unless things go really south we're definitely going to have casey the full five years. with a coach of his resume he probably got close to top dollar.

i'm not mad tbh. i think it actually might line up better with where we're at now, as he built up the raptors program but his main knock was that he couldn't get them to the next level.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 5,830

Post#2164 » by Han Solo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:46 am

Man.. never heard Michael Jordan speak the way he did today. Never realized him and Kobe were that close either. He really was like Kobe’s big brother. That speech pulled at the heart strings.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 8,556

Post#2165 » by MrBigShot » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:40 am

Han Solo wrote:Man.. never heard Michael Jordan speak the way he did today. Never realized him and Kobe were that close either. He really was like Kobe’s big brother. That speech pulled at the heart strings.

Yeah, I really loved his speech too. I suppose it makes sense he and Kobe had a such a strong connection; Kobe was about as close as it gets to MJ in terms of style, competitive spirit & work ethic.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,220

Post#2166 » by DBC10 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 8:49 pm

Baynes just dropped a cool 37 with like a million threes. The game has truly evolved.

He might’ve secured himself enough interest for another long term contract. A possible overpay candidate for some desperate team needing some interior big presence that can shoot like how Brook Lopez did last year. Crazy we might’ve miscast him during his tenure here. He always has that nice midrange game though that I remember.

Return to Detroit Pistons