Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Re: RE: Re: Around the League 

Post#1621 » by vege » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:26 am

zeebneeb wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:You know what? Of all the franchises in the NBA The Orlando magic have been run like a farm team for the rest of the league.

There has been so much talent come and gone that I believe any other franchise would have either a title or two, or at least a bunch of conference banners.

The talent bleed there is just absurd with bad deal after bad deal. At some point the fan base(which seems highly transitional)is just going to give up.

How many players have the traded, lost, or bungled away in the past ten years? In Detroit some of us bemoan the loss of Khris Middleton. Look at what the magic have lost just in the past few years;(off the top of my head)

Oladipo
Harris
Ibaka
Sabonis

That's crazy, and some trades were just so bad(the Harris trade and the Ibaka rental)it makes you wonder if anyone in their front office actually understands how the game works.

I fully expect another dumbass trade and talent fleece to take place if they keep losing games. Im sure the Pistons can upgrade again somewhere thanks to the extensive farm system in Orlando.

They changed the FO after last season mate

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
doesn't really mean anything. Gotta prove it. How,many times have they changed the front office before? This has been happening for a long time in Orlando. Same could be said of Milwaukee.

Business as usual until proven otherwise.

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Re: Around the League 

Post#1622 » by vege » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:32 am

But if by any chance Orlando want to help us I would do absolutely anything possible to steal Jonathon Simmons and Marrese Speights from them, they're both so underrated and they would make us so good.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#1623 » by Kilo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:29 pm

Memphis fires Head Coach Fitzdale. I guess it was Gasol or Fitz and the management chose the player.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#1624 » by Pharaoh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:10 am

Kilo wrote:Memphis fires Head Coach Fitzdale. I guess it was Gasol or Fitz and the management chose the player.

Very weird considering Fiz was highly regarded before taking the Grizz job.

"Take that for Data" gets fired by "Per" despite the fact they lost Zach & Allen and everyone thought they'd struggle big time

nastassiav
Senior
And1: 14

Post#1625 » by nastassiav » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:30 am

Why isn't this team trading a 2nd round pick to acquire Jhalil okafor? Lol
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1626 » by Pharaoh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:40 am

nastassiav wrote:Why isn't this team trading a 2nd round pick to acquire Jhalil okafor? Lol

1 - Philly would want more than a 2nd from us

2 - we're too busy trying to unload Dre & RJ due to their horrible contracts

GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,254

Post#1627 » by GreekAlex » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:47 am

I just saw a Lakers fan that said they want to resign KCP in the offseason for 12-14M for 2-3 years

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait till his agent hears that :D
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1628 » by Pharaoh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:12 am

GreekAlex wrote:I just saw a Lakers fan that said they want to resign KCP in the offseason for 12-14M for 2-3 years

Dude might not have a choice - he hasn't really shown much thus far

If anything I think with every passing game he's hurting himself

Teams apparently now break positions down as:

Ball handlers
Wings
Bigs

KCP is not a ball handler and is not really big enough to be a wing - he struggles big time against larger 2s and 3s/4s

So if he's not out there as a handler, can't switch onto bigger wings, can't shoot it from 3 at a league average clip...

As much as you can value defense there's 2 sides of the court and I think his weaknesses offensively will hurt him.

Look at SJ & Smart - worst case scenario they can at least make plays and handle the ball, can defend multiple positions...

KCP is gonna regret passing up $18 mil per IMO and truth be told we dodged a massive bullet there

GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,254

Post#1629 » by GreekAlex » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:33 am

Pharaoh wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:I just saw a Lakers fan that said they want to resign KCP in the offseason for 12-14M for 2-3 years

Ball handlers
Wings
Bigs

KCP is not a ball handler and is not really big enough to be a wing - he struggles big time against larger 2s and 3s/4s

So if he's not out there as a handler, can't switch onto bigger wings, can't shoot it from 3 at a league average clip...

As much as you can value defense there's 2 sides of the court and I think his weaknesses offensively will hurt him.

Look at SJ & Smart - worst case scenario they can at least make plays and handle the ball, can defend multiple positions...

KCP is gonna regret passing up $18 mil per IMO and truth be told we dodged a massive bullet there

ABs leadership is really impacting this team and that's why it's easy to turn the page on KCP.

I just find it interesting how other teams fan bases look at former Pistons after they join their teams.
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#1630 » by detroitKG » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:53 am

Sry I had to, seemed relevant... :lol:

Read on Twitter
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#1631 » by mattao313 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:17 am

Pharaoh wrote:

Ball handlers
Wings
Bigs

Cmon man KCP is waayy better than Stanley teams don't even pay attention to Stanley on defense. Its not like Avery is some ball handler either, he has a spike in usage on our team and is having a career year in turnovers while averaging less assist than KCP.
Championships
Pugz
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#1632 » by Pugz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:09 pm

mattao313 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

Ball handlers
Wings
Bigs

Cmon man KCP is waayy better than Stanley teams don't even pay attention to Stanley on defense. Its not like Avery is some ball handler either, he has a spike in usage on our team and is having a career year in turnovers while averaging less assist than KCP.

im by no means a fan if stanley. hes scared and second guesses everything he does on offense, EXCEPT when hes helping run plays. he can handle the ball well enough and he helps initiate offense better than kcp can. kcp is pretty bad, regardless of his scoring. hes way too inconsistent to even worry about. but stanley can be left wide open a lot too. right now he fits in the lineup because he defense helps a lot but hes definitely someone we could replace with an alright defender and better scorer and improve.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#1633 » by DetroitPistons » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:16 am

Twolves choke a home win away against the Wizards without Wall... Pitiful. That team is not that great.
mattao313
General Manager

Post#1634 » by mattao313 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:22 am

Pugz wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Dude might not have a choice - he hasn't really shown much thus far

Ball handlers
Wings
Bigs

im by no means a fan if stanley. hes scared and second guesses everything he does on offense, EXCEPT when hes helping run plays. he can handle the ball well enough and he helps initiate offense better than kcp can. kcp is pretty bad, regardless of his scoring. hes way too inconsistent to even worry about. but stanley can be left wide open a lot too. right now he fits in the lineup because he defense helps a lot but hes definitely someone we could replace with an alright defender and better scorer and improve.

In what way does stanley handle the ball? Bringing it up court? I mean KCP can do that. I see Stanley is really overrated for some reason
Championships
Pharaoh
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Around the League 

Post#1635 » by Pharaoh » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:23 am

mattao313 wrote:
Pugz wrote:
mattao313 wrote:Cmon man KCP is waayy better than Stanley teams don't even pay attention to Stanley on defense. Its not like Avery is some ball handler either, he has a spike in usage on our team and is having a career year in turnovers while averaging less assist than KCP.

In what way does stanley handle the ball? Bringing it up court? I mean KCP can do that. I see Stanley is really overrated for some reason

I find your lack of understanding disturbing

mattao313
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Around the League 

Post#1636 » by mattao313 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:35 am

Pharaoh wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
Pugz wrote:im by no means a fan if stanley. hes scared and second guesses everything he does on offense, EXCEPT when hes helping run plays. he can handle the ball well enough and he helps initiate offense better than kcp can. kcp is pretty bad, regardless of his scoring. hes way too inconsistent to even worry about. but stanley can be left wide open a lot too. right now he fits in the lineup because he defense helps a lot but hes definitely someone we could replace with an alright defender and better scorer and improve.

Lack of understanding what? Stanley plays defense and bricks open shot he isn't a ball handler, bring the ball up the court and throwing it to Reggie or Drummond isn't being a ball handler. He has a freaking 13 usg% lower then any guy in the rotation other than Moreland. He also has lower ppg and ast/ast% than KCP so please tell me what exactly he's doing with this "ball handling" abilty of his.
Championships
Pharaoh
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Around the League 

Post#1637 » by Pharaoh » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:38 am

mattao313 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
mattao313 wrote:In what way does stanley handle the ball? Bringing it up court? I mean KCP can do that. I see Stanley is really overrated for some reason

Lack of understanding what? Stanley plays defense and bricks open shot he isn't a ball handler, bring the ball up the court and throwing it to Reggie or Drummond isn't being a ball handler. He has a freaking 13 usg% lower then any guy in the rotation other than Moreland. He also has lower ppg and ast/ast% than KCP so please tell me what exactly he's doing with this "ball handling" abilty of his.

You simply don't understand his value on either end of the court mate.

It's like trying to explain why Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Joe Ingles, Marcus Smart are worth your time - if you refuse to acknowledge it why would anyone attempt to open your eyes?

mattao313
General Manager

Post#1638 » by mattao313 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:49 am

Pharaoh wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:I find your lack of understanding disturbing

It's like trying to explain why Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Joe Ingles, Marcus Smart are worth your time - if you refuse to acknowledge it why would anyone attempt to open your eyes?

What? You said he's a ball handler while KCP is not. Please give me one reason how Stanley is a ball handler.

Also Stanley is not even close to any of those guys. Prince, Battier, Ingles are all much better on offense and defense. And Smart is actually a ball handler so I don't see the comparison.
Championships
In SVG We Trust
Starter
And1: 1,399

Post#1639 » by In SVG We Trust » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:07 am

Pharaoh will you ever admit you were wrong at any topic?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#1640 » by MotownMadness » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:19 am

mattao313 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
mattao313 wrote:Lack of understanding what? Stanley plays defense and bricks open shot he isn't a ball handler, bring the ball up the court and throwing it to Reggie or Drummond isn't being a ball handler. He has a freaking 13 usg% lower then any guy in the rotation other than Moreland. He also has lower ppg and ast/ast% than KCP so please tell me what exactly he's doing with this "ball handling" abilty of his.

What? You said he's a ball handler while KCP is not. Please give me one reason how Stanley is a ball handler.

Also Stanley is not even close to any of those guys. Prince, Battier, Ingles are all much better on offense and defense. And Smart is actually a ball handler so I don't see the comparison.

Maybe he's meaning playmaker

Return to Detroit Pistons