ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,728

Re: Around the League 

Post#1721 » by zeebneeb » Sat Feb 3, 2018 12:46 am

I just watched the Hornets drop 49 on the Pacers in tue first quarter.

There is no reason in the world the Pistons can't get a super high seed.

The Pacers are trash(I said this months ago and stand by it)and are almost tied with the 4 seed and play no defense. Hope the Pistons get healthy quick and take off. No one in the East can match that front court and the Celtics signing Monroe is no fluke. They see it as well.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#1722 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:49 am

zeebneeb wrote:I just watched the Hornets drop 49 on the Pacers in tue first quarter.

The Pacers are trash(I said this months ago and stand by it)and are almost tied with the 4 seed and play no defense. Hope the Pistons get healthy quick and take off. No one in the East can match that front court and the Celtics signing Monroe is no fluke. They see it as well.

I think we got this Blake fits right in with nothing but support as being the man with the ball.

He's really damn good and we got enough winnable all home game til the AllStar break to really make up some ground.

Even as a 8th seed we matched up well with the Celtics with Just Drummond. Now that we have Blake as well they are probably seeing a 1st round matchup with us as a real reality and hoping Moose can help with the rebounding.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#1723 » by zeebneeb » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:56 am

MotownMadness wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:I just watched the Hornets drop 49 on the Pacers in tue first quarter.

I think we got this Blake fits right in with nothing but support as being the man with the ball.

He's really damn good and we got enough winnable all home game til the AllStar break to really make up some ground.

Even as a 8th seed we matched up well with the Celtics with Just Drummond. Now that we have Blake as well they are probably seeing a 1st round matchup with us as a real reality and hoping Moose can help with the rebounding.
When Reggie went down it really hurt Detroit. When he gets back this team is going to be deadly in the playoffs. A perfect example of being better then their record. Boston in an absolute panic move signed Monroe just to combat the Pistons front line. If the Pistons are as good as I think they are, you'll see more of this.

As you said they have trouble with the Pistons(healthy obviously)as they match up perfectly with the Celtics. You add Blake and good luck Celtics.

Reggie
Bullock
Johnson
Blake
Andre

Good luck east!

Also, as I have to throw this in;

If Stanley is truly "blossoming at the right time©" and keeps playing like this, things could get reeeeaaaal interesting the rest if the year.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1724 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:00 am

zeebneeb wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

When Reggie went down it really hurt Detroit. When he gets back this team is going to be deadly in the playoffs. A perfect example of being better then their record. Boston in an absolute panic move signed Monroe just to combat the Pistons front line. If the Pistons are as good as I think they are, you'll see more of this.

As you said they have trouble with the Pistons(healthy obviously)as they match up perfectly with the Celtics. You add Blake and good luck Celtics.

Reggie
Bullock
Johnson
Blake
Andre

Good luck east!

If Stanley is truly "blossoming at the right time©" and keeps playing like this, things could get reeeeaaaal interesting the rest if the year.

Yeah it's been a nice turn of events with us now matching Boston, Sixers and Milwaukees talent levels.

Those teams thought they would run the East post LeBron with the Cavs falling apart and now we're right in the mix.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#1725 » by zeebneeb » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:09 am

MotownMadness wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: I think we got this Blake fits right in with nothing but support as being the man with the ball.

Reggie
Bullock
Johnson
Blake
Andre

Good luck east!

Yeah it's been a nice turn of events with us now matching Boston, Sixers and Milwaukees talent levels.

Those teams thought they would run the East post LeBron with the Cavs falling apart and now we're right in the mix.
Spot on. Heres the thing. Andre is an all world generational talent. We all get it. He was on an island surrounded by good NBA players. Even with as good as he is, and how much he has improved his game, all great players have to have another great player to make a run.

The Pistons now have that. Blake and Andre. They also have a borderline all-star PG in Jackson if he can stay on the damn floor.

We know how good these two are. If they add one more piece, or Stanley turns into what hes shown flashes of, that's it. Just fill out the roster and make some serious runs.

Its early and we all dont know for sure how Blake and Andre will work together, but with Blake having played with Jordon for years in extremely optimistic on that front. Add in Andres ability to score and pass and you could have not just two elite bigmen on the floor, but an elite frontline the NBA can't handle.

I hope the rest of this season really goes as I hope. If it does, man, the next 3-4 years are gonna be awesome.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1726 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:15 am

zeebneeb wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:When Reggie went down it really hurt Detroit. When he gets back this team is going to be deadly in the playoffs. A perfect example of being better then their record. Boston in an absolute panic move signed Monroe just to combat the Pistons front line. If the Pistons are as good as I think they are, you'll see more of this.

Reggie
Bullock
Johnson
Blake
Andre

Good luck east!

Spot on. Heres the thing. Andre is an all world generational talent. We all get it. He was on an island surrounded by good NBA players. Even with as good as he is, and how much he has improved his game, all great players have to have another great player to make a run.

The Pistons now have that. Blake and Andre. They also have a borderline all-star PG in Jackson if he can stay on the damn floor.

We know how good these two are. If they add one more piece, or Stanley turns into what hes shown flashes of, that's it. Just fill out the roster and make some serious runs.

Its early and we all dont know for sure how Blake and Andre will work together, but with Blake having played with Jordon for years in extremely optimistic on that front. Add in Andres ability to score and pass and you could have not just two elite bigmen on the floor, but an elite frontline the NBA can't handle.

I hope the rest of this season really goes as I hope. If it does, man, the next 3-4 years are gonna be awesome.

That Reggie Bullock signing has turned out to be a blessing in all this. Starting wing locked for 2.5mil next year having a top 5 3pt% at 45% while shooting 50% overall with a elite TS%.

Contracts like those are huge with multiple max deals on the books. Once we get our picks back after the draft we can hunt for that last big piece.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#1727 » by thesack12 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:18 am

^ Yeah Bullock is starting to emerge as one of the best non rookie/vet min contracts in the entire league.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#1728 » by zeebneeb » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:22 am

MotownMadness wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Yeah it's been a nice turn of events with us now matching Boston, Sixers and Milwaukees talent levels.

That Reggie Bullock signing has turned out to be a blessing in all this. Starting wing locked for 2.5mil next year having a top 5 3pt% at 45% while shooting 50% overall with a elite TS%.

Contracts like those are huge with multiple max deals on the books. Once we get our picks back after the draft we can hunt for that last big piece.
This may sound strange but here it is;

Of all the things this season that have caught me off gaurd(Blake trade doesn't really surprise me. I thought it was possible when Paul was gone)Reggie **** Bullock growing a pair of testicles is the most surprising. He has become a legit NBA starter. Its shocking. I remember when he just wouldn't shoot the ball, and when he did it would ricochet with enough force to kill.

It blows my mind. Hard cuts, layups in traffic (!) Shooting threes over pressure, shocking to me.

I should have listened to my own preaching on that one;

Every player develops at their own pace, give them time. Don't panic and make a trade that turns into a huge mistake.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#1729 » by Liqourish » Sat Feb 3, 2018 9:53 am

Let's not forget, Piston were a HCA seed before injuries. They were better than these teams they are now chasing and that was before adding Blake Griffin. If we can win these home games before the All Star game and then get Reggie back, all bets are off.
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,604

Post#1730 » by BloodNinja » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:13 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

Reggie
Bullock
Johnson
Blake
Andre

Good luck east!

Boston are in no way in any sort of "panic". They signed Monroe because they had an $8 million exception and he helps them on the boards and with bench scoring. Monroe is a good player and was wanted by a few teams.

They are still comfortably the best team in the East and I doubt they are concerned with anyone except Cavs and Raptors in the East.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Post#1731 » by bstein14 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 5:25 pm

Will be interesting to see what type of return LA will get for Bradley seems like he will be flipped before the deadline.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1732 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 3, 2018 5:40 pm

Wish I could watch the Clippers game at 3:30. Fun to watch how Harris does as he was a awesome Piston in his time here on and off the court.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1733 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 3, 2018 5:41 pm

bstein14 wrote:Will be interesting to see what type of return LA will get for Bradley seems like he will be flipped before the deadline.

Teams are cautious of his expiring and ongoing groin injury this year I've read so I don't expect much.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#1734 » by jakebernat » Sat Feb 3, 2018 6:57 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Wish I could watch the Clippers game at 3:30. Fun to watch how Harris does as he was a awesome Piston in his time here on and off the court.

He’ll definitely benefit playing off Lou, put up some efficient scoring numbers, and everyone will once again talk about how Tobias is undervalued and a potential all-star and wonder “why did Detroit give up on this guy?”

Then, Lou will get traded, Tobias will come back down to earth, and everyone will collectively mumble “oh yeah, that’s why.”
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#1735 » by vege » Sat Feb 3, 2018 10:31 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Wish I could watch the Clippers game at 3:30. Fun to watch how Harris does as he was a awesome Piston in his time here on and off the court.

Both Tobias and Bradley are exactly the players they were here. Tobias is comfortable and playing really well, but him and Gallo are bad on defense.

Bradley is a mess, unforced TOs, long 2's, very inneficient on offense.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#1736 » by vege » Sun Feb 4, 2018 2:29 am

WTF is this Minny jersey? It's so FUGLY and it's hurting my eyes.
bballnmike
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#1737 » by bballnmike » Sun Feb 4, 2018 3:11 am

vege wrote:WTF is this Minny jersey? It's so FUGLY and it's hurting my eyes.

They remind me of the Seahawks. If Seattle still had a team, I feel like that would be their jerseys.

Meanwhile #TheLand is getting SMOKED in their ugly-ass jerseys.

Lue's seat might be getting pretty hot. Wonder if they get desperate at the trade deadline.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#1738 » by chrbal » Sun Feb 4, 2018 5:31 am

Cavs are a mess, team needs to burn it down and start over. That said they'll move their assets for some mid 30 something
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,975

Post#1739 » by tmorgan » Sun Feb 4, 2018 10:36 am

Avery Bradley's shot selection is so unbelievably ass at times.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#1740 » by Liqourish » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:53 am

I watched bulls @ clippers. Tobias looked like Tobias. He scored, but didnt do much else. Defense is still poor. Avery looks washed up. Not sure how he went from all-defense with solid shot to this but its painful to watch. Its a good thing for teams that hes expiring. Our 1st doesn't look like it's going to be a lotto pick, might be more useful as a trade chip for LA.

Return to Detroit Pistons