ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,599

Re: Around the League 

Post#1781 » by BloodNinja » Mon Mar 5, 2018 1:24 pm

Remember after the Blake trade someone said Pistons were headed for the playoffs and were going to take the place of the Pacers who are "crap"....yeah that prediction is not going so well. Pacers are looking good.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#1782 » by sfballa13 » Mon Mar 5, 2018 3:15 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
sfballa13 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
:D :D

Somehow Boban is averaging less minute on the Clippers than on the Pistons

Another fun fact about Boban, he has played about 500+ minutes on his 3 year Pistons deal, that means under his current contract Boban is getting paid $30,000 per minute on the court...

At least someone benefited from SVG

Lol 30k a min. That contract shows how out of touch SVG is with the modern nba game.

It's one thing to sign a guy to a deal worth 7M a year, it's another thing to let him waste away on the bench

This season we gave 23M to Leuer, Boban, and Galloway, LET THAT SINK IN

SVG is the new Dumars, there is no easier way to put it
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#1783 » by chrbal » Mon Mar 5, 2018 8:57 pm

SVG throwing money to use the money at Galloway and Boban never made sense. I fell for the idea of Jon Leuer being a good fit in the current NBA, but the Pistons shooting curse got him. Not to mention the amount of health issues.

To me what SVG is doing is very similar to what the Tigers did before the recent tear down. Everyone's using analytics, signing value players that play above themselves...while we're throwing money at Centers whose skill set is pretty much a dime a dozen. Or throwing $7 mil at Galloway with no real gig for him to play.

Its just crazy to see what guys like Tyreke Evans or even a guy like Marreese Speights when they (in NBA terms) had to search for any job.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#1784 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:34 am

T.Harris continues killing it for the clippers. 27 and 11 tonight.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1785 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:27 am

T.Harris 23 7reb 4 assist 0TO tonight. 5-10 from 3pt clippers beat the cavs 116-102. The clippers offensive resurgence continues -Blake Griffin, since the all star break the clippers are the #5 offense in the nba.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,465

Post#1786 » by Canadafan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:05 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:T.Harris 23 7reb 4 assist 0TO tonight. 5-10 from 3pt clippers beat the cavs 116-102. The clippers offensive resurgence continues -Blake Griffin, since the all star break the clippers are the #5 offense in the nba.

Zzzz.
Everything in life can be a woulda coulda shoulda. Its over. Let's move forward.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1787 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:50 am

Canadafan wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:T.Harris 23 7reb 4 assist 0TO tonight. 5-10 from 3pt clippers beat the cavs 116-102. The clippers offensive resurgence continues -Blake Griffin, since the all star break the clippers are the #5 offense in the nba.

Zzzz.
Everything in life can be a woulda coulda shoulda. Its over. Let's move forward.

Its a forum. People discuss the coulda,woulda, and shouldas. You should discuss bad decisions that were made in life anyways so you can be aware when the next one may happen rather then go "everything in life can be a woulda coulda should ah well its over".

Not to mention its the around the nba thread. T.Harris is a former piston that many fans liked. Its interesting to see how the clippers offense has improved with him added to the roster. I'm sure many people are rooting for him to lead them to the playoffs like i am.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,465

Post#1788 » by Canadafan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:08 am

I'm sure it won't be difficult since theyre way up in the standings. And then they'll get smoked first round
We're just obviously two different type of people. No big deal. Not trying to be an ass. Just don't see the need to dwell on it. Was the samenwith the Darko pick. People to this day still whining about it. guess I can just let things go easier I dunno
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1789 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:41 am

The playoffs are a battle currently in the West. Quite a few teams with close records battling for it.

Well its a discussion forum. Talking about things like the Darko pick being a mistake make for a fun sports discussion. No surprise people still talk about it. Passed trades and dumb signings like Josh Smith will be talked about forever in the same way we like to talk about how great Ben Wallace was.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#1790 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:28 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:The playoffs are a battle currently in the West. Quite a few teams with close records battling for it.

Well its a discussion forum. Talking about things like the Darko pick being a mistake make for a fun sports discussion. No surprise people still talk about it. Passed trades and dumb signings like Josh Smith will be talked about forever in the same way we like to talk about how great Ben Wallace was.

You woulda really enjoyed the discussion around here during Darko's selection and first year here. Before the season even started, my first ever post was a thread called,"Why the hell did we draft Darko!" None-the-less, I was roundly trashed by everyone as the mass majority here thought Darko was going to be an elite player.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#1791 » by El Chivo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:23 am

KCP is shooting 39% from deep this season.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#1792 » by chrbal » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:53 am

He also wanted a ton of money, and we'd be still stuck in the 35-45 win range with a playoff series as our best hope.

Marcus Morris is shooting about 36% from downtown and is doing about his same production in less playing time.

Jonas is shooting about 40% in his role with the Jazz.

Trey Burke is doing 10 pts and 4 assists with a really good assist to turnover ratio. (how we didn't offer a 2 way gig is beyond me; 25 years old, UMich alumni, manged 12 and 4 with the Jazz, and had some positive stats with Washington...also 2 way player)

But we paid Galloway and have Kay Felder in Grand Rapids, and mortgaged everything for Blake Griffin who at times looks like a high school player playing on a little league team as a Piston.

Yay?
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#1793 » by pistonsbball » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:11 am

**** we should've signed Jennings 2 months ago.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#1794 » by sfballa13 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:53 am

chrbal wrote:He also wanted a ton of money, and we'd be still stuck in the 35-45 win range with a playoff series as our best hope.

Marcus Morris is shooting about 36% from downtown and is doing about his same production in less playing time.

Trey Burke is doing 10 pts and 4 assists with a really good assist to turnover ratio. (how we didn't offer a 2 way gig is beyond me; 25 years old, UMich alumni, manged 12 and 4 with the Jazz, and had some positive stats with Washington...also 2 way player)

But we paid Galloway and have Kay Felder in Grand Rapids, and mortgaged everything for Blake Griffin who at times looks like a high school player playing on a little league team as a Piston.

Yay?

The Marcus Morris trade is the one that will haunt us more than the Blake trade

The guy is getting paid 4M and is putting up identical stats as a Celtics as he did with the pistons in 10 less minutes per game.

Way to go SVG! Avery Bradley was sure worth it!
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,077

Post#1795 » by MrBigShot » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:57 am

sfballa13 wrote:
chrbal wrote:He also wanted a ton of money, and we'd be still stuck in the 35-45 win range with a playoff series as our best hope.

Yay?

The guy is getting paid 4M and is putting up identical stats as a Celtics as he did with the pistons in 10 less minutes per game.

6 min less per game. Wouldn't necessarily be doing the same thing here either, don't underestimate Brad Stevens ability to get the most out of his personnel...Morris gets higher quality shots on the Celtics than he would here.

Morris is a good player but he doesn't move the needle much either way, hardly something that will haunt us. Worst case scenario it would've been let AB walk in the off season and get some extra cap space.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1796 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:23 pm

sfballa13 wrote:

Yay?

I actually thought we won that trade at the time too.

How about KCP? Hes shooting .396 from 3 this season on about the exact same volume as he did with us. If he continues shooting 40% from 3 hes a pretty valuable 3 and D player. Maybe we didnt luck out on him not taking that contract we offered.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#1797 » by jakebernat » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:25 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
sfballa13 wrote:

Yay?

How about KCP? Hes shooting .396 from 3 this season on about the exact same volume as he did with us. If he continues shooting 40% from 3 hes a pretty valuable 3 and D player. Maybe we didnt luck out on him not taking that contract we offered.

Lol pistons fans have to be the most bipolar fan base in the league.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1798 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:59 pm

jakebernat wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
sfballa13 wrote:

The pistons have 2 first round playoff series both 8th seeds where we lost 4-0 in the first round in the past decade. How can you be bipolar when theirs not anything to even be up about? Its pure down for 10 seasons now.

This team needs to commit to a real rebuild. These band-aid fixes we've been trying for the past decade dont work. The lions have made the playoffs more then the pistons the past decade and everybody makes the playoffs in the nba. We play in the fricking weak East and a good % of teams tank.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#1799 » by vege » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 pm

jakebernat wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
sfballa13 wrote:

KCP is an ok player but he is not worth the money we offered and I'm ignoring the fact that he is very inconsistent. Before the personal life drama and the injuries, AB was a far superior player and we were actually a good team.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1800 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:16 am

vege wrote:
jakebernat wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

KCP is an ok player but he is not worth the money we offered and I'm ignoring the fact that he is very inconsistent. Before the personal life drama and the injuries, AB was a far superior player and we were actually a good team.

AB is injury prone. Always has been always will be. Go read the AB maybe we shouldnt resign him thread. I posted many times before he got hurt that resigning him is a mistake due to how oft injured he is. Another guy whos injury prone is Blake hence why i dont want him on the team for 5 years at 35% of our cap going into his 30s.

The KCP contract would of been a overpay for sure. Thing is we then have KCP/Morris/Harris/1st rounder instead of Blake. I think we make the playoffs with the former. It would of kept our core younger and if we miss the playoffs we at least had a lotto pick at the end of the season.

Return to Detroit Pistons