And1: 21,884

Re: Around the League 

Post#1921 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jul 3, 2018 2:11 pm

thesack12 wrote:
DETermination wrote:
detroitKG wrote:
Read on Twitter

What an overpay

I said it all last season and I'll say it again now, the only place Bradley wasn't valued was in Detroit. Dude is a LEGIT 3&D guy and a damn good one. Unlike frauds like Pope and GR3 that Pistons fans try to claim are quality 3&D guys.

The stats just paint him mad overrated as a defender. He’s a player that looks like something the stats don’t back up.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#1922 » by thesack12 » Tue Jul 3, 2018 2:14 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
DETermination wrote:What an overpay

I said it all last season and I'll say it again now, the only place Bradley wasn't valued was in Detroit. Dude is a LEGIT 3&D guy and a damn good one. Unlike frauds like Pope and GR3 that Pistons fans try to claim are quality 3&D guys.

The stats just paint him mad overrated as a defender. He’s a player that looks like something the stats don’t back up.

You know what stats don't try to tell a hidden story?

Being both a 1st team All defensive, & 2nd team all defensive award winner.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1923 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jul 3, 2018 2:28 pm

thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

You know what stats don't try to tell a hidden story? Being both a 1st team All defensive, & 2nd team all defensive award winner.

Overrated
thesack12
RealGM

Post#1924 » by thesack12 » Tue Jul 3, 2018 2:34 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: The stats just paint him mad overrated as a defender. He’s a player that looks like something the stats don’t back up.

You know what stats don't try to tell a hidden story? Being both a 1st team All defensive, & 2nd team all defensive award winner.

Overrated

Well many people claim the Logo is a visionary genius.

Jerry wanted Bradley, twice actually, so...
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1925 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jul 3, 2018 2:35 pm

thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

Overrated

Maybe Jerry West and Magic Johnson aren’t these team building geniuses the media and others lead you to believe?
thesack12
RealGM

Post#1926 » by thesack12 » Tue Jul 3, 2018 2:39 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Overrated

Maybe Jerry West and Magic Johnson aren’t these team building geniuses the media and others lead you to believe?

Well which is it? Is Logo over-rated, or is he the guy that allegedly took Stan to the woodshed and dumped a supposedly untradeable albatross on Detroit?

We as people, tend to talk out of both sides of our mouth quite often.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1927 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jul 3, 2018 2:42 pm

thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

Well which is it? Is Logo over-rated, or is he the guy that allegedly took Stan to the woodshed and dumped a supposedly untradeable albatross on Detroit?

Didn’t that guy sign Blake Griffin to that contract and just draft a late 1st round talent at 13 while also now overpaying a injury prone overrated defender to a log jam of guards? Not sure what is looking so genius about that club.

Do they even have a pick this year? Can they make the playoffs or even get a top 10 pick with that roster when they get one back? Where is that headed besides dreams of having the letters LA bring in a big FA.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#1928 » by thesack12 » Tue Jul 3, 2018 2:49 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Maybe Jerry West and Magic Johnson aren’t these team building geniuses the media and others lead you to believe?

Didn’t that guy sign Blake Griffin to that contract and just draft a late 1st round talent at 13 while also now overpaying a injury prone overrated defender to a log jam of guards? Not sure what is looking so genius about that club.

I never claimed he was a genius, just reflecting that MANY people claim he is a visionary and he pis*ed in Stan's face with Blake trade. Its part of the rationale why people don't like the Blake trade.

The truth of course lies somewhere in between, people just like to throw out claims to try and support their opinion. But when someone else plays to the core concept of that claim but applies it to a different topic, it suddenly becomes invalid. Hence, why I said people (myself included of course) talk out both sides of our mouths.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#1929 » by Neptune » Tue Jul 3, 2018 9:18 pm

Damn, Wilson Chandler will fly above Detroit soon!
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#1930 » by Canadafan » Wed Jul 4, 2018 11:25 am

OKC and their luxury tax bill! Wow
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#1931 » by Kilo » Wed Jul 4, 2018 12:12 pm

Canadafan wrote:OKC and their luxury tax bill! Wow

And they could save something like $90M on it by stretch releasing Melo. Yet still profess that isn't going to happen.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,929

Post#1932 » by tmorgan » Thu Jul 5, 2018 10:06 pm

Avery Bradley is a solid enough player that tries (and succeeds) at taking far too large of an offensive role for his actual skill set. He will, quite literally, shoot you out of games when he is off.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#1933 » by bstein14 » Mon Jul 9, 2018 4:17 am

Crazy to see Brook Lopez sign for so little. He always seems to kill Andre from outside. Makes me wonder if Dre would have gotten anything more than $10 to $15 million per year this summer I think he's likely grossly overpaid compared to the contracts being given out to bigs. Wonder what Capela will end up having to settle for.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#1934 » by Kilo » Mon Jul 9, 2018 11:38 am

Hot take - Lakers don't make the playoffs in the West this season (as currently constructed).
Weaver = Hinkie
Kilo
RealGM

Post#1935 » by Kilo » Mon Jul 9, 2018 11:40 am

bstein14 wrote:Crazy to see Brook Lopez sign for so little. He always seems to kill Andre from outside. Makes me wonder if Dre would have gotten anything more than $10 to $15 million per year this summer I think he's likely grossly overpaid compared to the contracts being given out to bigs. Wonder what Capela will end up having to settle for.

I think this is why Dre is shooting threes and working on his dribble drive game. Brook goes from $20M last season to $3.5M this off-season.

I wonder if the league will step in at all and tweak rules, or just let the low post big man become obsolete.
Weaver = Hinkie
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#1936 » by chrbal » Mon Jul 9, 2018 3:36 pm

bstein14 wrote:Crazy to see Brook Lopez sign for so little. He always seems to kill Andre from outside. Makes me wonder if Dre would have gotten anything more than $10 to $15 million per year this summer I think he's likely grossly overpaid compared to the contracts being given out to bigs.

Makes you wish we just rolled the dice on him. DeAndre Jordan is lucky to have gotten the money he got, and at the other end Bismack Biyombo will probably go from $17 mil a year to out of the the NBA when his contract expires .
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1937 » by MotownMadness » Mon Jul 9, 2018 5:03 pm

Kilo wrote:
bstein14 wrote:Crazy to see Brook Lopez sign for so little. He always seems to kill Andre from outside. Makes me wonder if Dre would have gotten anything more than $10 to $15 million per year this summer I think he's likely grossly overpaid compared to the contracts being given out to bigs. Wonder what Capela will end up having to settle for.

I think this is why Dre is shooting threes and working on his dribble drive game. Brook goes from $20M last season to $3.5M this off-season.

I wonder if the league will step in at all and tweak rules, or just let the low post big man become obsolete.

I think there will still be markets for guys like Drummond, Jordan and Capela for example. No body wants the traditional low post big but these guys hold value with the way the run the floor and how athletic they are at that size. Drummond is still in the 99th percentile on the offensive glass which is where his value is.

Bigs who are slow with no athleticism to go with no jumper are the real obsolete ones. Guys like Okafor, Jefferson and Monroe molds.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#1938 » by Snakebites » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:45 am

So....

The Rockets get worse and the Warriors added Demarcus Cousins.

There really is little point in watching the playoffs next year. It's going to be another turkey shoot.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#1939 » by Snakebites » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:01 am

See the trade the Nuggets just made with the Hawks and Nets?

The Nets landed a first round pick in exchange for taking on some salary for this year. It doesn't hurt them longterm but they landed a first round pick from a team that's likely to either be in the low lottery or barely make the playoffs.

Those are the sorts of moves having salary flexibility allows you to make even if you're not a free agent destination. I hope our brass is taking notes and using our resources wisely the next couple years. In 2 seasons we will have cap space. Let's not be stupid, okay?

Also- strong potential of a Schroeder trade coming down the pipe soon. By all accounts they're keeping Lin, he's really about all they're getting in the deal. Hope that it doesn't involve the Pistons, and I don't think it will. We'd have to be sending Reggie out, and that doesn't solve the Hawks' logjam.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Re: RE: Re: Around the League 

Post#1940 » by dVs33 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 am

Snakebites wrote:See the trade the Nuggets just made with the Hawks and Nets?

The Nets landed a first round pick in exchange for taking on some salary for this year. It doesn't hurt them longterm but they landed a first round pick from a team that's likely to either be in the low lottery or barely make the playoffs.

Those are the sorts of moves having salary flexibility allows you to make even if you're not a free agent destination. I hope our brass is taking notes and using our resources wisely the next couple years. In 2 seasons we will have cap space. Let's not be stupid, okay?

Also- strong potential of a Schroeder trade coming down the pipe soon. By all accounts they're keeping Lin, he's really about all they're getting in the deal. Hope that it doesn't involve the Pistons, and I don't think it will. We'd have to be sending Reggie out, and that doesn't solve the Hawks' logjam.

I like what Brooklyn is doing. They've taken on OK overpaid guys and stocked up on picks. Compared to where they were a couple years ago, they've bounced back well

Sent from my CPH1707 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Detroit Pistons