ImageImageImage

Your Final Evaluation of KCP

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

pistontr
Analyst
And1: 275

Re: Your Final Evaluation of KCP 

Post#81 » by pistontr » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:11 pm

if svg sign kcp, he will be fire in mid season.
Sorry for my poor english
pistontr
Analyst
And1: 275

Post#82 » by pistontr » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:12 pm

kcp in all defensive team? only in pistons fans' dream.
Sorry for my poor english
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,347

Post#83 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:49 pm

ElectricMayhem wrote:They may or may not match. I think this leak has more to do with attempting to dissuade other teams from spending their valuable FA time attempting to sign someone they're not going to get. In essence, they are attempting to devalue KCP.

I hope so man. I really dont want to lock this dude up under a max contract. Hes way to inconsistent on offense. Hes are best player ill give it to him but with him and Drummond taking up that match of are cap we wont be going anywhere.

T.Ferguson is for sure going to be there at 12. I'd rather let KCP walk and just groom T.Ferg to be are new 3+d SG at a much better value.
In SVG We Trust
Starter
And1: 1,399

Post#84 » by In SVG We Trust » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:14 pm

If we don't re-sign him I can see him turning in a legit star somewhere. I mean, if we sign him, maybe he won't reach his full potential, but if we let him go to another team, there's a 100% chances of him becoming a 23ppg with elite defense and a legit second playmaker.
JD43320
Veteran
And1: 774

Post#85 » by JD43320 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:07 pm

In SVG We Trust wrote:If we don't re-sign him I can see him turning in a legit star somewhere. I mean, if we sign him, maybe he won't reach his full potential, but if we let him go to another team, there's a 100% chances of him becoming a 23ppg with elite defense and a legit second playmaker.

Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#86 » by Moses ShamMoses » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Well seems like were damned if we do and damned if we don't. Perfect.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using RealGM mobile app
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#87 » by DBC10 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:Well seems like were damned if we do and damned if we don't. Perfect.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using RealGM mobile app

I think at minimum this is what the crux of the problem is. Not whether he's a star or not. Because we literally won't have his replacement ready in the next 2 years if he walks if the current roster more or less stands as is. Unless a drafted rookie really is that polished even at pick 12. Which would be a miracle at this point. Outside the top 10 looks meh at best. Nobody really stands out to me.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#88 » by LaSheed » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:25 am

Reports are we will match anything. Dont know how to feel about this
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#89 » by Kilo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:42 am

LaSheed wrote:Reports are we will match anything. Dont know how to feel about this

Hopefully this is just to bait teams into offering S&T's if they want him rather than trying to poach him with a max contract hoping we won't match.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#90 » by Canadafan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:47 pm

The rule is KCP can only be signed and traded by himself to a team correct?
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#91 » by coordinator0 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Canadafan wrote:The rule is KCP can only be signed and traded by himself to a team correct?

No, there are no restrictions like that for sign-and-trades. That's one of the bigger myths floating around the forum.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer

Post#92 » by LaSheed » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:23 pm

I thought you couldnt add a player when S&T.

For instance we can S&T KCP for Levert and Booker but we cant S&T KCP, Morris for Levert and Booker.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by coordinator0 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:36 pm

LaSheed wrote:I thought you couldnt add a player when S&T.

For instance we can S&T KCP for Levert and Booker but we cant S&T KCP, Morris for Levert and Booker.

Like I said, one of the biggest myths on the forum.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer

Post#94 » by LaSheed » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:24 pm

coordinator0 wrote:
LaSheed wrote:I thought you couldnt add a player when S&T.

Like I said, one of the biggest myths on the forum.

Be my guest. Please do explain
coordinator0
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by coordinator0 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:36 pm

LaSheed wrote:Be my guest. Please do explain

Again, like I said before there are no special restrictions on sign-and-trades. It's just a trade. Larry Coon was asked about it on one of his chats a couple summers back and said the same. If I remember correctly it was actually in reference to Detroit sign-and-trading Monroe, but that might have just been a question I submitted. Regardless, if the Pistons and some other team wanted to do a sign-and-trade deal like S&T Caldwell-Pope and Hilliard for X it would be possible.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#96 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:06 pm

In SVG We Trust wrote:If we don't re-sign him I can see him turning in a legit star somewhere. I mean, if we sign him, maybe he won't reach his full potential, but if we let him go to another team, there's a 100% chances of him becoming a 23ppg with elite defense and a legit second playmaker.

If Detroit lets KCP go, then this team will rot for another 4-5 seasons for sure. It would be like giving up.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#97 » by princeofpalace » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:06 pm

KCP is solid but unspectacular. I remember prior to that draft, I though KCP could be an all-star- I no longer feel that way. I also thought McCollum would be a bust, and wanted MCW above anyone else lol.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#98 » by joedumars1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:25 pm

princeofpalace wrote:KCP is solid but unspectacular. I remember prior to that draft, I though KCP could be an all-star- I no longer feel that way. I also thought McCollum would be a bust, and wanted MCW above anyone else lol.

At least you admit it. I like Gianni's but thought he'd go 25 or later. I think kcp might still go top 10 if they re did the draft. Also think he can still improve and will...... to what extent idk
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#99 » by hoophabit » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:34 pm

My Final Evaluation? You know something I don't? :lol: Mine would also be that we're sort of in a bad spot with KCP. I don't really see him as a max player, but we can't lose him for nothing. I would not be opposed to the right S&T.

Yes, it's good to stay humble. I've been wrong on many players. The Logo was high on Rodney White, and that was good enough for me. :noway:
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,503

Post#100 » by whitehops » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:56 pm

there's no question that KCP has to perform better than he did during the last half the season. if i recall around mid-season he was second in ESPN's real plus/minus for shooting guards, second only to harden. he finished the season 29th on the list.

really since his 38-point explosion vs. the pelicans he struggled badly. he scored 12 points a game shooting 28% from 3 and 37% overall (.474 TS%). no matter how you shake it out that's not good, and that's over a 32-game stretch which is a long stretch.

before then in 44 games he was scoring 15 PPG on .549 TS% which included shooting 40% from 3.

so basically to end the year he struggled so badly offensively that he put up worse numbers than any other wing-type player with a similar usage (marcus smart would be next worst). in the first half the year though his numbers were a lot more respectable and better than the likes of robert covington, wes matthews, TJ warren, etc.

when you factor in his fairly rare abilities (speed, motor, stamina, shooting off screens), combine that with his improving on-ball abilities (handling, passing and decision-making with the ball) and his intangibles i think he's the kind of player you want to bet on long-term. like with any young player that struggles with consistency signing them to a long-term deal is a risk (see --> andre drummond) but KCP has the combo of ability and intangibles that i think you want to take the risk on.

probably going to comment on his whole contract situation once i think about it more but as a player there is no question KCP has to continue to improve (he's shown improvement every year) and be more consistent but i feel he's the kind of player you want on your team.

Return to Detroit Pistons