ImageImageImage

Drummond: A Hope For Optimism?

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Drummond: A Hope For Optimism? 

Post#21 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:43 pm

"Reggie and I, we're like Batman and Robin," Drummond said. "Without Robin, there's no Batman. Without Batman, there's no Robin. You need those two pieces to be able to work. One of them isn't working, you're not going to have a full engine-running team.

this kid doesn't know how to be a leader . Regardless of who is out there , Dre is expected to produce. To me this is the same BS he was spouting last offseason. Its one thing if its a learning curve, its another if its a decision to not put 100% effort.

Hope the kid is maturing, but i am sick of the talk, time to walk
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#22 » by mattao313 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:53 pm

"For me I never had to deal with that before," Drummond said. "It was tough for my family and me to hear those rumors but a guy that makes that much money and doesn't have the year he's supposed to have, obviously the talks are going to happen. I've accepted that.

"I wasn't playing the way I was supposed to play and they were looking for a better option. But they still have faith in me and they still believe I can carry this team to level we need to get to so I gotta get that done."

Prefect words now please just get your offensive rebounds and be more consistent.
Championships
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#23 » by DBC10 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm only afraid that we're going to be in a perpetual state of motion where we just "wait" on the kid for years to come and he never actually makes it. Like a Stuckey but more talented.

"It's surely his year!!11"
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#24 » by MotownMadness » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:40 pm

DBC10 wrote:I'm only afraid that we're going to be in a perpetual state of motion where we just "wait" on the kid for years to come and he never actually makes it. Like a Stuckey but more talented.

"It's surely his year!!11"

Or when he does put it together he runs for LA or something
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#25 » by ImHeisenberg » Fri Aug 4, 2017 10:21 pm

I don't believe anything he says, he gave me an 82 game sample of how little heart he had last season. That weighs a lot more than a 15 second comment.

That being said, he does look like he's lost weight and looking to change his game up next year. Hopefully he learned from last season and will take that into next year.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#26 » by Snakebites » Sat Aug 5, 2017 2:18 pm

Fluff with a capital F.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach

Post#27 » by ImHeisenberg » Sat Aug 5, 2017 3:01 pm

Snakebites wrote:Fluff with a capital F.

Should have seen the upvote party they threw on the reddit sub for his empty comments. They licked that plate of BS clean.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#28 » by DBC10 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 3:59 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:

Should have seen the upvote party they threw on the reddit sub for his empty comments. They licked that plate of BS clean.

That sub is just cancerous. There's maybe like 2 good posters there, if that. They get so offended if some other fan base offers even constructive criticism of Drummond.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach

Post#29 » by ImHeisenberg » Sat Aug 5, 2017 4:28 pm

DBC10 wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:

That sub is just cancerous. There's maybe like 2 good posters there, if that. They get so offended if some other fan base offers even constructive criticism of Drummond.

Essentially anything that could be even slightly misconstrued as negative and they go nuts on you. Guess what? The team blows.

Anyways, I don't post there. I'll look there for any interesting news, and pop into the comments every once in a while and see what's going on.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,598

Post#30 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Aug 5, 2017 8:56 pm

I have feeling that Drummond and Reggie come back and play at their peak this year or at least as good as they have played in their past at worst.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#31 » by Pharaoh » Sun Aug 6, 2017 12:36 am

IF we play the same bull RJ/Dre PnR all day I'll be fuming!

At their best it's still a poor offense, especially with Tobias & AB on the roster.

Those 2 need to be the leading players this season with RJ setting the table for them while Dre crashes the boards, gets some easy buckets and if he's lucky gets a post up once a quarter

Dre can average 10+ ppg easily with offensive boards, lobs, transitions...no need to bog down the offense.

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#32 » by Kilo » Sun Aug 6, 2017 1:27 pm

Read on Twitter
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#33 » by dVs33 » Sun Aug 6, 2017 1:41 pm

My main hope for the season is that AB takes control of the team. if AB can rub off on Dre he'll be back to his all star level. Drummond needs a strong leader and Jackson isn't that. AB, Harris and Tolliver are the guys I want to take charge, then we'll get a good Drummond.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#34 » by hoophabit » Sun Aug 6, 2017 2:34 pm

dVs33 wrote:My main hope for the season is that AB takes control of the team. if AB can rub off on Dre he'll be back to his all star level. Drummond needs a strong leader and Jackson isn't that. AB, Harris and Tolliver are the guys I want to take charge, then we'll get a good Drummond.

OMG, you used the word hope! You're really licking that plate clean. Prepare for condescending, dismissive comments. :wink:
mattao313
General Manager

Post#35 » by mattao313 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:13 am

Pharaoh wrote:IF we play the same bull RJ/Dre PnR all day I'll be fuming!

At their best it's still a poor offense, especially with Tobias & AB on the roster.

Those 2 need to be the leading players this season with RJ setting the table for them while Dre crashes the boards, gets some easy buckets and if he's lucky gets a post up once a quarter

Dre can average 10+ ppg easily with offensive boards, lobs, transitions...no need to bog down the offense.

Eh Harris and Avery are good in their secondary roles. Reggie is pretty much the only guy on the team that can create off the perimeter it a reason he had the ball some much, it isn't just ball hogging like others think. The Drummond Reggie Pnr is the best offensive play we got it collapses the defense others on the team can really do that, you can't create a offense around Tobias at the elbow shooting mid ranges jumpers and Avery shooting mid range jumpers out the pnr.
Championships
Pharaoh
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Drummond: A Hope For Optimism? 

Post#36 » by Pharaoh » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:14 am

mattao313 wrote:

Eh Harris and Avery are good in their secondary roles. Reggie is pretty much the only guy on the team that can create off the perimeter it a reason he had the ball some much, it isn't just ball hogging like others think. The Drummond Reggie Pnr is the best offensive play we got it collapses the defense others on the team can really do that, you can't create a offense around Tobias at the elbow shooting mid ranges jumpers and Avery shooting mid range jumpers out the pnr.

Who's talking about Tobias shooting jumpers from the elbow or AB shooting mid range jumpers off the PnR?

Harris & AB are capable of creating opportunities in the PnR and in motion

Even RJ at his best was missing open guys off the PnR regularly too

mattao313
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: Drummond: A Hope For Optimism? 

Post#37 » by mattao313 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:33 am

Pharaoh wrote:
mattao313 wrote:

Who's talking about Tobias shooting jumpers from the elbow or AB shooting mid range jumpers off the PnR?

That's the thing, that' isn't really their game Reggie is really good at scoring in the pnr where he can probe and keep his man on his hip getting in the paint collapsing the defense, Tobias and Avery can't do that or they'd have the ball on the perimeter much more. Tobias gets pnr stuff but that really isn't his game same with Avery they're game is playing off ball running off screens (Avery), cutting, and isolation plays ran for them (Tobias). People think pnr game is easy when you need a tight handle to really run the offense correctly to even get a chance to make those plays Reggie misses at times.
Championships
Pharaoh
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Drummond: A Hope For Optimism? 

Post#38 » by Pharaoh » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:21 am

mattao313 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
mattao313 wrote:Eh Harris and Avery are good in their secondary roles. Reggie is pretty much the only guy on the team that can create off the perimeter it a reason he had the ball some much, it isn't just ball hogging like others think. The Drummond Reggie Pnr is the best offensive play we got it collapses the defense others on the team can really do that, you can't create a offense around Tobias at the elbow shooting mid ranges jumpers and Avery shooting mid range jumpers out the pnr.

That's the thing, that' isn't really their game Reggie is really good at scoring in the pnr where he can probe and keep his man on his hip getting in the paint collapsing the defense, Tobias and Avery can't do that or they'd have the ball on the perimeter much more. Tobias gets pnr stuff but that really isn't his game same with Avery they're game is playing off ball running off screens (Avery), cutting, and isolation plays ran for them (Tobias). People think pnr game is easy when you need a tight handle to really run the offense correctly to even get a chance to make those plays Reggie misses at times.

My thing is you don't have to run PnR with Tobias & AB to get them shots.

Change the system!

There's plenty of other offensive systems you can run.

The objective is to get your best option the ball as often as possible. That's Tobias - not RJ!

And failing that you should want to get your secondary the ball. That's AB - not RJ.

Running a PnR heavy system favouring your 3rd and 4th best options is poor coaching at any level but it's magnified in the NBA

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#39 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:46 am

Kilo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bravo, way to represent USA and gurantee we got a couple more piston fans in Africa
mattao313
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Drummond: A Hope For Optimism? 

Post#40 » by mattao313 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:22 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

My thing is you don't have to run PnR with Tobias & AB to get them shots.

Change the system!

There's plenty of other offensive systems you can run.

The objective is to get your best option the ball as often as possible. That's Tobias - not RJ!

And failing that you should want to get your secondary the ball. That's AB - not RJ.

Running a PnR heavy system favouring your 3rd and 4th best options is poor coaching at any level but it's magnified in the NBA

Reggie Jackson is our better offensive player though so of course he is gonna pnr with Drummond cause its the best play we got. Offense isn't all just set plays and fastbreaks dude, gotta have someone that can create offense on there own only guy on the team that can do that is Reggie Jackson. Like I said you can't can't build a offense around elbow iso plays and mid ranges jumpers out the pnr. The biggest change we probably would see is trying to get the ball up the court fast after defense stops, more movement around Reggie and Drummond pnr, and less touches for Drummond. I don't see totally changing the offense to make Tobias and Avery 1 and 2, I see more Reggie #1 and Tobias and Avery 2a and 2b.
Championships

Return to Detroit Pistons