ImageImageImage

Breakdown on Avery Bradley defense

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Breakdown on Avery Bradley defense 

Post#1 » by MotownMadness » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Thought this was pretty cool from the guys over at DBB. The first video breaks down his on Ball defense. The second video breaks down his off the ball defense.

MotownMadness
RealGM

Re: Breakdown on Avery Bradley defense 

Post#2 » by MotownMadness » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:10 am

Hopefully SJ gets it going cause he could eventually give us two elite defenders on the wing. Then go get Bledsoe :lol:
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#3 » by mattao313 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:33 am

I didn't watch the vid but I heard he gets stuck on screens quite a lot, which if true is concerning.
Championships
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#4 » by MotownMadness » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:57 pm

mattao313 wrote:I didn't watch the vid but I heard he gets stuck on screens quite a lot, which if true is concerning.

Just watch the damn video :lol:
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#5 » by Canadafan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Great videos! He's gonna be a fan favourite for sure.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#6 » by hoophabit » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:57 pm

JC! If we had LBJ we'd be worried about how his FT and 3 pt shooting aren't really that great. ;-)
Montanabadboy
Junior
And1: 241

Post#7 » by Montanabadboy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:56 pm

That was a very informative breakdown, very cool to see, and pretty exciting. With the new(ish) rules against handchecking AB plays defense exactly the way I would like to see it played on the perimeter. The only thing that concerns me is I recall SVG saying that he doesn't approve of selling out for the steal and he coaches a much more conservative approach to defense, staying in front of your guy and challenging his shot. I'm worried about AB's style clashing with his and him not constructing a defense around AB that enables him to play his game, or worse yet, trying to get him to change his game to fit SVG's prefered style.
Detroit vs. Everybody :lift: :lift: :lift:
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#8 » by hoophabit » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:32 pm

Montanabadboy wrote:That was a very informative breakdown, very cool to see, and pretty exciting. With the new(ish) rules against handchecking AB plays defense exactly the way I would like to see it played on the perimeter. The only thing that concerns me is I recall SVG saying that he doesn't approve of selling out for the steal and he coaches a much more conservative approach to defense, staying in front of your guy and challenging his shot. I'm worried about AB's style clashing with his and him not constructing a defense around AB that enables him to play his game, or worse yet, trying to get him to change his game to fit SVG's prefered style.

Yes, these were some nice clips. Bradley is an NBA all defense team alumnus. I'm not dismissing the point you're making, just expect he and SVG will reach some accommodation in terms of game planning. I think he was a good pickup. He'll practice and play with the team for at least a year, and he has some sweet technique. Might help some of the younger guys defensively.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,380

Post#9 » by Billl » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:42 pm

Clips are fine, but 99% of defense is making the right play consistently. That doesn't translate to a Youtube breakdown.

And SVG isn't against making plays defensively. He's against gambling and getting yourself out of position. I think SVG would like to play a more aggressive form of defense with guys providing more help and pressure on the perimeter. The team needs to be much more committed to their defensive rotations for that to work though.

Return to Detroit Pistons