Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: OT: How to Earn Bitcoin 

Post#321 » by Manocad » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:45 am

mercury wrote:
Manocad wrote:
mercury wrote:I had no special financial skilIs in my younger years... hope to retire within the next two years comfortably... thanks for asking.... If you retire sooner than 60 I'll assume you played the game well... any other snide comments?

Just figured I'd ask since I got s**t all over for being destined to failure due to retiring at 57 at something less than a 1%-er.

Tell you what though...if you're up for any more $1000 bets I'm the guy you need to hit up. I've got the "hones," as you called them.

Sounds good... the wager was that the price of BTC would be less than 16,899 on this day next year.
If you don't mind floating 1000K with an arbitrator for a year I'll be glad to take your money... er have this gentleman's wager.
Sleep on it and if you're still interested tomorrow we can research a service we can both agree on.

Couple of corrections...
First, 1000K is one million. If you mean $1000 then we BOTH place $1000 with an arbitrator for a year. Cash, not $1000 of bitcoin.
Second, the bet was NOT that the price of BTC would be less than 16,899 in a year. You made the bet and it was that the price of BTC WOULDN'T be less than 16,899 in a year. Just to clarify.

That being said, I didn't say I was accepting your bet. I said that if you wanted to swing your big $1000 betting dick around, I'm the guy you need to hit up who can swing a $1000 dick right back at you. My bet is who will have the higher increase in net worth in one year. You do what you need to do with investing in crypto, and I'll do what I do--paying off a house, saving money and putting into my 401K. That's what this is all about, right? What will get you to the promised land sooner. So my bet includes proof of all personal assets, stocks, investments, etc. starting now and ending in one year. You got the balls for that?
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#322 » by mercury » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:09 am

To answer your question... If you have more than a million now then NO... If it's less I'm in.... It would be easy to hold back assets.
Just to be upfront if Bitcoin goes up to 40k (conservative estimate) There's a good chance you'd get your ass handed to you on this bet.... Flaunting wealth can backfire.
Manocad
RealGM

OT: How to Earn Bitcoin 

Post#323 » by Manocad » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:48 pm

mercury wrote:To answer your question... If you have more than a million now then NO... If it's less I'm in.... It would be easy to hold back assets.
Just to be upfront if Bitcoin goes up to 40k (conservative estimate) There's a good chance you'd get your ass handed to you on this bet.... Flaunting wealth can backfire.

Sorry, it doesn’t work that way. While I don’t have a million dollars in my 401k/IRA accounts, that’s part of the method of net worth growth I’m defending. You can’t therefore expect to eliminate earnings on those holdings from the equation. This is not a “let’s pretend we’re both broke and starting right now” game.

The continued criticisms of “flaunting wealth” have become comical at this point since both you and the child are the only two talking about achieving nearly instant millionaire status. All I ever talked about was having a solid plan for retirement by age 57, and gave evidence to back up why that plan will succeed. This bet is strictly related to which method of net worth growth will return more in a single year—my silly Joe Schmoe work a job like a schmuck and contribute to a 401k method, or your rocket scientist ruler of the world crypto investment method. Talking smack about becoming a quick millionaire due to investing in crypto while all us poor six figure job schmoes “fail” (whatever the hell that’s supposed to mean) can backfire too. Your bet is based on a prediction of what you believe will happen in the future. My bet is based on—short of a massive and completely unpredicted stock market collapse—what I KNOW will happen in the future...increased net worth. Will it be at a huge percentage rate? No. But I can pretty much guarantee that it will increase.

So go ahead...teach me a lesson and win a grand. Maybe my net worth will increase by 10% in a year and your crypto investing will increase your net worth by 1000%, thus eclipsing my net worth increase in absolute dollars...which is the bet, by the way. No playing the rate of return game where (hypothetically) my $50,000 net worth increase equaled 10% and you want to claim victory because your $100 investment increased your net worth by $1000, a 900% RoR. Maybe you can top me by a ton or by a dollar; either way you’d win and I’d eat crow. Only one way to find out.

Disclaimer: winnings and losses from this bet do not factor into the equation, meaning that if this bet were to take place, the $1000 would already be placed with the arbitrator before net worth was calculated, and paid to the winner after net worth was recalculated one year later.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,374

Post#324 » by Billl » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:13 pm

mercury wrote:So coinbase was suggesting customers to "get out quickly"?... man I must have missed that during the several times I was on their site to day... the "may be degraded" message occasionally comes up when there is extreme volume... when that happens I'll sometimes notice a slight delay or slower speeds... while you're cherry picking any bits of negative information you can find could you please let us know the next time a bank or major retailer has their customer personal information hacked due to lack of a decentralized solution... thanks

No,coinbase basically admitted if that there is a major move in bitcoin, it expects that their service will not be able to handle the volume. ie if it starts falling in people try to sell in large numbers, you likely won't be able to.
mercury
Head Coach

Post#325 » by mercury » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Billl wrote:
mercury wrote:So coinbase was suggesting customers to "get out quickly"?... man I must have missed that during the several times I was on their site to day... the "may be degraded" message occasionally comes up when there is extreme volume... when that happens I'll sometimes notice a slight delay or slower speeds... while you're cherry picking any bits of negative information you can find could you please let us know the next time a bank or major retailer has their customer personal information hacked due to lack of a decentralized solution... thanks

No,coinbase basically admitted if that there is a major move in bitcoin, it expects that their service will not be able to handle the volume. ie if it starts falling in people try to sell in large numbers, you likely won't be able to.

There's no problem buying or selling on coinbase... I'm not sure why you're hating on cryptos... just don't buy it.
mercury
Head Coach

Post#326 » by mercury » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 pm

Manocad wrote:
mercury wrote:To answer your question... If you have more than a million now then NO... If it's less I'm in.... It would be easy to hold back assets.

Sorry, it doesn’t work that way. While I don’t have a million dollars in my 401k/IRA accounts, that’s part of the method of net worth growth I’m defending. You can’t therefore expect to eliminate earnings on those holdings from the equation. This is not a “let’s pretend we’re both broke and starting right now” game.

The continued criticisms of “flaunting wealth” have become comical at this point since both you and the child are the only two talking about achieving nearly instant millionaire status. All I ever talked about was having a solid plan for retirement by age 57, and gave evidence to back up why that plan will succeed. This bet is strictly related to which method of net worth growth will return more in a single year—my silly Joe Schmoe work a job like a schmuck and contribute to a 401k method, or your rocket scientist ruler of the world crypto investment method. Talking smack about becoming a quick millionaire due to investing in crypto while all us poor six figure job schmoes “fail” (whatever the hell that’s supposed to mean) can backfire too. Your bet is based on a prediction of what you believe will happen in the future. My bet is based on—short of a massive and completely unpredicted stock market collapse—what I KNOW will happen in the future...increased net worth. Will it be at a huge percentage rate? No. But I can pretty much guarantee that it will increase.

So go ahead...teach me a lesson and win a grand. Maybe my net worth will increase by 10% in a year and your crypto investing will increase your net worth by 1000%, thus eclipsing my net worth increase in absolute dollars...which is the bet, by the way. No playing the rate of return game where (hypothetically) my $50,000 net worth increase equaled 10% and you want to claim victory because your $100 investment increased your net worth by $1000, a 900% RoR. Maybe you can top me by a ton or by a dollar; either way you’d win and I’d eat crow. Only one way to find out.

Disclaimer: winnings and losses from this bet do not factor into the equation, meaning that if this bet were to take place, the $1000 would already be placed with the arbitrator before net worth was calculated, and paid to the winner after net worth was recalculated one year later.

To be clear you were the one tossing out your net worth (here and other threads)... the only time I mentioned any personal income was when you prodded for proof.
Since you have bragged about you house, truck and 401K I have a pretty good idea of your net value... knowing your ego it's not likely you withheld any major investments... so unless you have some huge undisclosed asset I'm confident in comparing N.W. and that next year you will lose this bet (especially with 2100% growth before big investors enter the market).
Personally I think it's classless to bet on someone's net worth... quite honestly I could 4X the $1000 by not floating a bet... and I sure as hell ain't gonna cash out all of my btc and pay major capital gains just to win a bet....
But, if you continue to insist on this bet and are willing to see a statement of my current value of BTC holdings then I would likely not back down from YOUR bet.
What I'm going to do is let it go for now and wait until Monday to see the the short term effects of CME futures on the market... at that time we'll see if you want to persist with this silly wager.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#327 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:54 pm

mercury wrote:
Billl wrote:

There's no problem buying or selling on coinbase... I'm not sure why you're hating on cryptos... just don't buy it.

Exactly, Idk what Bills freaking out over but its completely irrelevant and a non issue. Coinbase also isn't the only exchange out there.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#328 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:55 pm

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ebay-seriously-considering-accepting-bitcoin-164410989.html

Amazon and EBAY both accepting BTC + the Futures :droop:

I feel bad for the new traders in and out, there are about to go crazy
Manocad
RealGM

OT: How to Earn Bitcoin 

Post#329 » by Manocad » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:00 am

mercury wrote:
Manocad wrote:

To be clear you were the one tossing out your net worth (here and other threads)... the only time I mentioned any personal income was when you prodded for proof.
Since you have bragged about you house, truck and 401K I have a pretty good idea of your net value... knowing your ego it's not likely you withheld any major investments... so unless you have some huge undisclosed asset I'm confident in comparing N.W. and that next year you will lose this bet (especially with 2100% growth before big investors enter the market).
Personally I think it's classless to bet on someone's net worth... quite honestly I could 4X the $1000 by not floating a bet... and I sure as hell ain't gonna cash out all of my btc and pay major capital gains just to win a bet....
But, if you continue to insist on this bet and are willing to see a statement of my current value of BTC holdings then I would likely not back down from YOUR bet.
What I'm going to do is let it go for now and wait until Monday to see the the short term effects of CME futures on the market... at that time we'll see if you want to persist with this silly wager.

Who made the first $1000 bet? You. So you’re classless as well.
Who talked about rapid increase of net worth to the point of millionaire status? You and the child. Bragging.
Who got called out for following a “scam” and destined to fail? Me. I have a right to defend myself.

So when I defend myself and my methods against those assertions, you and the child constantly refer back to the “you love to brag” tired old s**t. But I’ve nearly achieved my goal thus proving my method works. You and the child are talking smack about what hasn’t happened yet.

I didn’t insist on the bet. I’m just willing to take a risk where I think I’ve got a chance to not only prove my point (my method DOES work) but to really drive it home to a couple of loudmouths (my method worked better than yours). Unlike you, I didn’t propose a bet then follow up with “I’ll wait and see” and “I wouldn’t tie up $1000 to win a bet when I can make four times that much in a year with that $1000.” And that’s financial prudence; I absolutely can appreciate that.

But what that ISN’T is BALLS, chief. Don’t front like you’ve got them if you don’t.

Manocad
RealGM

Post#330 » by Manocad » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:06 am

I nominate this as being the best thread in this currently VERY disappointing stretch of Pistons basketball. It’s been fun for me anyway.

I should post the pictures of the four new guns I bought.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#331 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:26 am

Manocad
RealGM

Post#332 » by Manocad » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:35 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:

I’m not going to watch the video so of course I’ll call you out for the sake of entertainment. Is this a shake-weighty promotion or more of a Marvel Productions promotion?

Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#333 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:09 am

Manocad wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

I’m not going to watch the video so of course I’ll call you out for the sake of entertainment. Is this a shake-weighty promotion or more of a Marvel Productions promotion?

you'll never know
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#334 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:42 am

If ETF is approved, expect to see BTC hit $25K to $30K
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#335 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:23 am

If you guys want to make a sh* ton of money with $100, i recommend buying into Cardano (ADA). Its price went from $.11 to .$60 over the weekend and its market cap went is now $10,000,000,000.

The coin is designed to fix the problems that both BTC and Ethereum did not anticipate and is open source. The lead developer is from the Original Ethereum Team. Many consider it the 3rd Gen BTC and anticipate that it'll eventually surpass Ethereum.

There are rumors that Coinbase will add it to its limited list of coins and it solves a lot of scaling problems that Coinbase currently deals with. If this happens, ADA's price will be well over $10 by YE 2018.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#336 » by Manocad » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:59 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:If you guys want to make a sh* ton of money with $100, i recommend buying into Cardano (ADA). Its price went from $.11 to .$60 over the weekend and its market cap went is now $10,000,000,000.

The coin is designed to fix the problems that both BTC and Ethereum did not anticipate and is open source. The lead developer is from the Original Ethereum Team. Many consider it the 3rd Gen BTC and anticipate that it'll eventually surpass Ethereum.

There are rumors that Coinbase will add it to its limited list of coins and it solves a lot of scaling problems that Coinbase currently deals with. If this happens, ADA's price will be well over $10 by YE 2018.

Why is it always "if you guys want to make a sh*t ton of money" rather than "let me show you how I made a sh*t ton of money"?

Those four guns I bought? The throw-in gun, a Winchester US Model 1917 .30-06, fully original and mint condition manufactured in 1918, is worth $1200 in a heartbeat; it actually turned out to be the most valuable gun in the deal and I asked for it to be included in order to close the original deal for $1000. Next up--a Belgian-made Browning A5 semiautomatic Light 12 gauge shotgun, an upgrade to my current semiauto 12 gage, worth $800-$900. The Remington Sportsman 58 semiauto 12 gauge shotgun is worth $500, and the Savage 16 gauge semiauto shotgun, the gun I was really after in the first place, is worth $400. So basically I paid $1000 for four guns that I could sell tomorrow for $2900.

Liquid. They don't lose value. But again, I won't tell anyone I increased my net worth by $1900. All I can say is that I spent $1000 and have four more guns.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#337 » by ComboGuardCity » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:09 am

Alright guys enough is enough. Let’s whip me out and measure
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#338 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:16 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:Alright guys enough is enough. Let’s whip me out and measure

lol

as long as your measuring stick don't touch my measuring stick
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#339 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:11 am

If anyone invested yesterday in crypto , you are more likely than not to have made at least 15% return on your investment. The market is green because the futures has brought institutional money to BTC and introduced them to exchanges.
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#340 » by Arp590 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:27 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:If anyone invested yesterday in crypto , you are more likely than not to have made at least 15% return on your investment. The market is green because the futures has brought institutional money to BTC and introduced them to exchanges.

And then you would have lost 15%+ minimum since then.. how is Bitcoin supposed to function as a currency if it loses 25% of it's value since literally 2 days ago?

Return to Detroit Pistons