ImageImageImage

Avery Bradley: maybe we shouldn't re-sign him

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Re: Avery Bradley: maybe we shouldn't re-sign him 

Post#61 » by ByeByeDre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 pm

The other piece to this is that the Morris and KCP dump for Avery this year was, in part, a cost-cutting move. If we finish up 40-42 and LCA remains half empty, does Gores want to hand out $100 million to Bradley? Because he sure didn’t with KCP. (And no, let’s not go into the AB>KCP stuff. Been there, done that.)
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#62 » by MotownMadness » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:09 pm

ByeByeDre wrote:The other piece to this is that the Morris and KCP dump for Avery this year was, in part, a cost-cutting move. If we finish up 40-42 and LCA remains half empty, does Gores want to hand out $100 million to Bradley? Because he sure didn’t with KCP. (And no, let’s not go into the AB>KCP stuff. Been there, done that.)

Feel like Gores would need SVG to point out a basketball from a football for him. Basically he relies on SVG on everything basketball related. If SVG wants him back then he will be back and it's hard to see SVG let him go.
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Re: RE: Re: Avery Bradley: maybe we shouldn't re-sign him 

Post#63 » by ByeByeDre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:10 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Why? He would already have a season of playing with the players here and could be comfortable. Philly is a whole new situation for him.

Philly looks like being a legit contender sooner rather than later.

If the money was equal being a legit contender would sway me

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

A legit contender for what? GS would sweep the floor with those kids. I doubt he goes anywhere but if he does it is what it is I guess.

Philly’s one of the few teams that actually has a plan to catch the Warriors in the next five years.....
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#64 » by DetroitSho » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:13 pm

In this thread I've learned that Philly, coming off HISTORICALLY terrible seasons and haven't made the playoffs in like 4-5 years, are legit contenders. The more you know...

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#65 » by Billl » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:18 pm

ByeByeDre wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Philly looks like being a legit contender sooner rather than later.

A legit contender for what? GS would sweep the floor with those kids. I doubt he goes anywhere but if he does it is what it is I guess.

Philly’s one of the few teams that actually has a plan to catch the Warriors in the next five years.....

Everyone has a plan to catch GS in 5 years. It's called father time. Curry and Durant are 29. 5 of their rotation players are 32 or older. GS is a dominant team right now, but it's not going to last forever.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#66 » by MotownMadness » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:35 pm

ByeByeDre wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Philly looks like being a legit contender sooner rather than later.

In about 5 years maybe once they are old or assuming they don't start losing guys. GS is way too deep with star talent. They are just elite everywhere from offense to defense.

Two kids aren't handling some MVPs, DPOY and AllStars. Embiid has GOAT 7 footer potential going on and they have a bright future for sure but, nah

Boston has the brighter future in my opinion over Philly by the way. Loaded with a awesome coach and system. They also could very well get one of these nice looking bigs if that LA pick conveys.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#67 » by MotownMadness » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Honestly though who knows if Philly would even offer a max to Bradley anyways. They got their own max players to worry about now and in the near future.
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#68 » by ByeByeDre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:06 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:The other piece to this is that the Morris and KCP dump for Avery this year was, in part, a cost-cutting move. If we finish up 40-42 and LCA remains half empty, does Gores want to hand out $100 million to Bradley? Because he sure didn’t with KCP. (And no, let’s not go into the AB>KCP stuff. Been there, done that.)

Feel like Gores would need SVG to point out a basketball from a football for him. Basically he relies on SVG on everything basketball related. If SVG wants him back then he will be back and it's hard to see SVG let him go.

Gores is good at reading profit/loss statements though.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#69 » by MotownMadness » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:11 pm

ByeByeDre wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

He's kinda all in at this point and just commited to trying to win to start filling up the place. They need a good playoff series win badly.
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#70 » by ByeByeDre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:14 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: A legit contender for what? GS would sweep the floor with those kids. I doubt he goes anywhere but if he does it is what it is I guess.

In about 5 years maybe once they are old or assuming they don't start losing guys. GS is way too deep with star talent. They are just elite everywhere from offense to defense.

Two kids aren't handling some MVPs, DPOY and AllStars. Embiid has GOAT 7 footer potential going on and they have a bright future for sure but, nah

Boston has the brighter future in my opinion over Philly by the way. Loaded with a awesome coach and system. They also could very well get one of these nice looking bigs if that LA pick conveys.

Philly is loaded with young talent and flush with cash. While SVG was giving out four year deals to Leuer, Philly was giving out one year deals to Redick and Amir. Also, their season tickets are sold out. The future is strong there.

To me, the list of teams that can dethrone the Warriors in the next five years are.....

Cleveland - most likely this year only
Houston
Boston
Philly
San Antonio - can’t forget that lead they had before Leonard’s injury
Minnesota?

The rest of the teams are just spinning their wheels, largely due to a ridiculous spike in the salary cap, when they could have/should have leveled it out. The NBA, ladies and gentlemen!
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#71 » by ByeByeDre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:18 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Feel like Gores would need SVG to point out a basketball from a football for him. Basically he relies on SVG on everything basketball related. If SVG wants him back then he will be back and it's hard to see SVG let him go.

He's kinda all in at this point and just commited to trying to win to start filling up the place. They need a good playoff series win badly.

And that’s why I’ve said that this is Stan’s year of judgement. If the year goes well, he’ll get some leeway to make further moves. If it doesn’t, someone else will be making the moves.......
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#72 » by Pharaoh » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 pm

DetroitSho wrote:In this thread I've learned that Philly, coming off HISTORICALLY terrible seasons and haven't made the playoffs in like 4-5 years, are legit contenders. The more you know...

You created your own strawman.

Big difference between someone saying Philly are looking like being legit contenders sooner rather than later and saying they ARE legit contenders.

ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#73 » by ByeByeDre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:24 pm

DetroitSho wrote:In this thread I've learned that Philly, coming off HISTORICALLY terrible seasons and haven't made the playoffs in like 4-5 years, are legit contenders. The more you know...

You must be reading a different thread, or not reading very well.
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#74 » by ByeByeDre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:05 pm

Billl wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: A legit contender for what? GS would sweep the floor with those kids. I doubt he goes anywhere but if he does it is what it is I guess.

Everyone has a plan to catch GS in 5 years. It's called father time. Curry and Durant are 29. 5 of their rotation players are 32 or older. GS is a dominant team right now, but it's not going to last forever.

The Warriors have four top 20 players. Two are 29 and two are 27. Father time is a lousy plan when your top players aren’t much younger, and nowhere near as good. But that’s what the league has been reduced to now - the Warriors, a couple other teams with star power, a couple teams with great young talent, and twenty five trying to sell the “Father Time” schtik.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#75 » by MotownMadness » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:31 pm

ByeByeDre wrote:
Billl wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:

The Warriors have four top 20 players. Two are 29 and two are 27. Father time is a lousy plan when your top players aren’t much younger, and nowhere near as good. But that’s what the league has been reduced to now - the Warriors, a couple other teams with star power, a couple teams with great young talent, and twenty five trying to sell the “Father Time” schtik.

You will drive yourself crazy expecting any bottom out type of rebuilds. Haven't seen one yet from this team. It's just pointless to even ponder on such things :lol:
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#76 » by ByeByeDre » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:32 am

MotownMadness wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
Billl wrote:

You will drive yourself crazy expecting any bottom out type of rebuilds. Haven't seen one yet from this team. It's just pointless to even ponder on such things :lol:

From the Pistons? None. From the Sixers? You're witnessing it right now. When will they pass up the Pistons - this year or next?
King Bugs
Sixth Man
And1: 307

Post#77 » by King Bugs » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:17 pm

Pharaoh wrote:If the money is equal don't you think he'd choose Philly over us?

If Avery's smart he'd do that. I wouldn't even hold it against him.

Now if he choose the Lakers over us...
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#78 » by Pharaoh » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:35 pm

King Bugs wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:If the money is equal don't you think he'd choose Philly over us?

If Avery's smart he'd do that. I wouldn't even hold it against him.

Now if he choose the Lakers over us...

Big difference between Philly, us & the Lakers though:

Philly - have 2 "franchise" players in Joel & Simmons, Covington & Saric can handle the other forward spot, Fultz & TJM the PG spot.

Looking at that group AB in his prime years is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered - leadership, playoff experience, defensive minded, can shoot it too.

Us: been here a year and is a big part of the positive changes we've seen thus far. Should form some bonds with our guys and if Dre keeps going AB would see hope / potential here

LAL: SUCK! BroLo & KCP are FA, Randle a RFA, Ball & Ingram need to show over the rest of this season, Kuzma the lone bright spot.

Yeah it's LA - but they've been LA for years and signed no one relevant.

As I said: if the money is equal I'd take Philly.

Wouldn't even be mad at AB for doing it cause their future looks bright af

MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,077

Post#79 » by MrBigShot » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:55 pm

There's something to be said about continuity. Come decision time Avery will be familiar with the coaching staff & system, have built rapport & chemistry with teammates and he'll be acclimated to living here in Mich.

He seemed really excited about being here even though we're clearly not at Boston's level. Money equal as long as we keep winning (albeit not at the same pace, but good enough to potentially contend for top 4 in the East) I'd honestly be surprised to see Avery leave.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#80 » by MotownMadness » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:33 pm

ByeByeDre wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:

From the Pistons? None. From the Sixers? You're witnessing it right now. When will they pass up the Pistons - this year or next?

I'd say next year

Return to Detroit Pistons