ImageImageImage

Game 21: Pistons (14-6) @ Wizards (11-10) - 7 PM EST

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,503

Game 21: Pistons (14-6) @ Wizards (11-10) - 7 PM EST 

Post#1 » by whitehops » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:33 pm

this is our most winnable game in the next six but washington has still been competitive without wall, despite going 1-2.

ducler!

go pistons!
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,934

Re: Game 21: Pistons (14-6) @ Wizards (11-10) - 7 PM EST 

Post#2 » by tmorgan » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:42 pm

I want this one. The refs better not take it from us again in the rematch, because we really should be 15-5 right now. That was robbery.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: RE: Re: Game 21: Pistons (14-6) @ Wizards (11-10) - 7 PM EST 

Post#3 » by Tricky_Kid » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:56 pm

tmorgan wrote:I want this one. The refs better not take it from us again in the rematch, because we really should be 15-5 right now. That was robbery.

Whatever man, put the blame on refs :)
Pistons had 48 min to win this game.
Without Wall i think You will take this one.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#4 » by DCintheD » Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:12 pm

tmorgan wrote:I want this one. The refs better not take it from us again in the rematch, because we really should be 15-5 right now. That was robbery.

I was not able to watch that game but I keep hearing about how the refs took it away. What exactly happened?
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,503

Post#5 » by whitehops » Fri Dec 1, 2017 6:04 pm

DCintheD wrote:I was not able to watch that game but I keep hearing about how the refs took it away. What exactly happened?

Don’t remember exactly but there were 2-3 awful calls in the last two minutes when it was a one possession game. One play I do remember was Tobias on a fast break and got fouled but they didn’t call it. They reviewed the play and the ball went off Tobias so the wizards got the ball.

Personally I hope we win the game tonight so people will stop bringing up that first game lol
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,717

Post#6 » by Timmaytime » Fri Dec 1, 2017 6:06 pm

If Bradley can effectively deal with Beal, I like our chances in this one. He's the main source of playmaking with Wall out, could be a similar situation to with Booker the other night.
ComboGuardCity wrote:If Bellinelli drops 50 and we lose I’ll eat my dog
Bakuto
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,301

Post#7 » by Bakuto » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:07 pm

Tricky_Kid wrote:

Lol get outta here. The league admitted that the refs missed two calls that would have sent both Jackson and Bradley to the FT line for two, rather then Washington responding with two made baskets on the subsequent possessions.

If you can't admit that your team was fortunate enough to get two beneficial no calls at the end of that game then this isn't your place to be.
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

:noway:
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,697

Post#8 » by zeebneeb » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:22 pm

Bakuto wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:

Lol get outta here. The league admitted that the refs missed two calls that would have sent both Jackson and Bradley to the FT line for two, rather then Washington responding with two made baskets on the subsequent possessions.

If you can't admit that your team was fortunate enough to get two beneficial no calls at the end of that game then this isn't your place to be.
Yup. The very next day the league stated that there was not one, but two blown calls and they absolutely would have changed the game.

Its a thorn that has stuck in Piston fans side since. I don't know what it is but it really bothers the hell out of me even with some if the best wins(warriors, wolves, Celtics all road games)in years.

Pistons absolutely should have won that game.

Man it pisses me off.
potatoaim
Senior
And1: 317

Post#9 » by potatoaim » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:33 pm

Without Wall, this has to be a win. Gotta keep winning the games you are supposed to win.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#10 » by zeebneeb » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:45 pm

potatoaim wrote:Without Wall, this has to be a win. Gotta keep winning the games you are supposed to win.
Don't sleep on the Wizards. They are a good team even without Wall.

Should win? Perhaps considering the Pistons play this year, but its still a new team, and a young one.

I expect them to beat Washington. They go into Golden state and Boston and win, they should be more then capable of dismantling the Wizards.

We'll see.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Game 21: Pistons (14-6) @ Wizards (11-10) - 7 PM EST 

Post#11 » by Tricky_Kid » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:54 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
Bakuto wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:Whatever man, put the blame on refs :)

Yup. The very next day the league stated that there was not one, but two blown calls and they absolutely would have changed the game.

Its a thorn that has stuck in Piston fans side since. I don't know what it is but it really bothers the hell out of me even with some if the best wins(warriors, wolves, Celtics all road games)in years.

Man it pisses me off.

I didn't argue that late calls were correct or not just said if Detroit had adventage one or two mistakes wouldn't
matter. Mistakes are happening all the time for or against every team.
As one poster said if you win 2night which I think you will you stop bringing that up. Cheers and good luck.
Bakuto
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,301

Post#12 » by Bakuto » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:59 pm

Tricky_Kid wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Bakuto wrote:

Man it pisses me off.

I didn't argue that late calls were correct or not just said if Detroit had adventage one or two mistakes wouldn't
As one poster said if you win 2night which I think you will you stop bringing that up. Cheers and good luck.

Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean we can't be upset at it. Especially when you come in here speaking as if we're wrong to think our team would have stood a chance otherwise.

Also why are you requesting us to not bring it up anymore when you're the one who came into Detroit's forum and chose to read and respond to our comments on the subject? As one poster (myself) said if you don't enjoy our subject matter then this isn't your place to be.
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

:noway:
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#13 » by vege » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:19 pm

Those were not simple mistakes, we got flat out robbed that game. I am still upset with what happened and I hope we Destroy Washington tonight.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#14 » by zeebneeb » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:06 pm

Tricky_Kid wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Bakuto wrote:

Man it pisses me off.

Someone else already covered this, but this is not the Wizards board, nor the general board even. Discussing topics that directly affect the Pistons is what we kinda do around here.

Those calls sucked. I know it happens a lot in the NBA as they are renown to have the worst officials of any major sport, but these two happened at the end of the game, with said game in the balance. That is unusual and only a handful happen each year at the end of games.

I win tonight will help, but really the only thing that will satisfy me will be the Pistons winning tonight because of at least one horrendous call against the Wizards.

I'm hoping the Pistons don't run into a scenario this season in which one more win made all the difference in terms of playoff seeding or this will, once again be brought up.

NEVER FORGET.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#15 » by zeebneeb » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:09 pm

vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#16 » by vic » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:11 pm

vege wrote:Those were not simple mistakes, we got flat out robbed that game. I am still upset with what happened and I hope we Destroy Washington tonight.

NOt just 1, but two completely missed and blown calls. It was 7 on 5. Game was stolen, period.

Like I said before that game, even with Wall the Wizards are paper Tigers. They're a fraud. No depth. Wall is nice but other than that they gotta goon it up to beat good teams.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#17 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:30 pm

Wow I'm really surprised by how many people are mentioning just those last 2 calls. Those calls/non-calls were horrendous, no doubt, but that ENTIRE GAME was horrendously officiated. We couldn't look at Wall or Beal the wrong way or it was called a foul. It is still by far the worst officiated game I have seen all season so far. We literally would've won that game by 15+ points if they called it fairly and actually let us play some defense. I want to annihilate this overrated team tonight.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#18 » by Kilo » Fri Dec 1, 2017 10:13 pm

Need to win this one with Wall out and the four tough road games coming and then the two revenge games at home vs Boston and Golden State. Winning two of those next six would be a decent, acceptable outcome.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#19 » by zeebneeb » Fri Dec 1, 2017 10:41 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:Wow I'm really surprised by how many people are mentioning just those last 2 calls. Those calls/non-calls were horrendous, no doubt, but that ENTIRE GAME was horrendously officiated. We couldn't look at Wall or Beal the wrong way or it was called a foul. It is still by far the worst officiated game I have seen all season so far. We literally would've won that game by 15+ points if they called it fairly and actually let us play some defense. I want to annihilate this overrated team tonight.
Its was putrid. The pistons as a team got called for 32 personal fouls with the starters picking up 19 alone. The Wizards 18 TOTAL.

That game was a MESS. The refs were just horrible amd even with all if that the Pistons should have won that game save for the two just horrific calls at the end.

Worst reffed game I've seen in years.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#20 » by ducler » Fri Dec 1, 2017 11:18 pm

Return to Detroit Pistons