Game 21: Pistons (14-6) @ Wizards (11-10) - 7 PM EST

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Re: Game 21: Pistons (14-6) @ Wizards (11-10) - 7 PM EST 

Post#201 » by The Moose » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:11 am

MotownMadness wrote:Pistons deserve some slack, they have been ballin

I agree to some extent, but it wasn't like we were just missing shots.
They had no effort or energy in the 3rd. Drummond, Reggie and Tobias were terrible and only reason we fell behind by so much
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#202 » by DTP » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:12 am

Next 3 games in Philly, San Antonio, & Milwaukee. Can easily turn into a 4 game streak the wrong way. That's the biggest reason it sucks.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#203 » by hoophabit » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:13 am

Momma said there’d be days like this.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#204 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:14 am

Turnstile twins in

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#205 » by MotownMadness » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:15 am

DTP wrote:

Next 3 games in Philly, San Antonio, & Milwaukee. Can easily turn into a 4 game streak the wrong way. That's the biggest reason it sucks.

Yeah but like I said before quit predicting wins and loses cause you won't get it right. Washington did what they were supposed to at home tonight and good for them.

We have enough wiggle room to have these kind of losses at times for the moment til we can ride this bad next six game stretch out.
The Moose
General Manager

Post#206 » by The Moose » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:15 am

Whenever we lose, we get blown out ugly.
Never seems to be an inbetween
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#207 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:19 am

I love the fowl shot

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#208 » by Manocad » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:20 am

Thank god that ugly piece of s**t is over.
The Moose
General Manager

Post#209 » by The Moose » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:21 am

If we don't refocus, tomorrow night is going to be ugly.
Philly has been playing great
DTP
General Manager

Post#210 » by DTP » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:22 am

MotownMadness wrote:
DTP wrote:

Yeah but like I said before quit predicting wins and loses cause you won't get it right. Washington did what they were supposed to at home tonight and good for them.

We have enough wiggle room to have these kind of losses at times for the moment til we can ride this bad next six game stretch out.

We have enough wiggle room to have these kind of losses? Such a soft mentality. Its not like they played their hearts out and another team just outplayed them...there was no effort and let a 3rd string backup point guard put them away in the fourth basically because their star was out. Losses like these are losses this team has to get away from, if they're really going to be anything.

Too many losses like this one is how they find themselves on the outside looking in.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#211 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:24 am

People can chalk this up to a bad night but of course, I won't. A few teams have exposed our offense this season. Anytime a team applies tough ball pressure to us we completely crumble and end up playing like we just did. We need to eventually replace SJ with a quality scoring option to overcome games like this. Also, idk if we think our offense is just going to carry us or what but our defensive intensity has not been there. We were pitiful on offense, on defense, and especially on the glass. Outworked by an overrated team without their best player. Arguably the most embarrassing loss of the season with a brutal stretch of games coming up. Wonderful.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#212 » by MotownMadness » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:28 am

DTP wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
DTP wrote:

We have enough wiggle room to have these kind of losses? Such a soft mentality. Its not like they played their hearts out and another team just outplayed them...there was no effort and let a 3rd string backup point guard put them away in the fourth basically because their star was out. Losses like these are losses this team has to get away from, if they're really going to be anything.

Too many losses like this one is how they find themselves on the outside looking in.

What are we the F'n warriors from a couple years ago where they are just dominating everyone? We will cool off and lose games every now and then man it's the NBA
engelbert321
Head Coach
And1: 1,369

Post#213 » by engelbert321 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:28 am

Awful. Just awful
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#214 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:28 am

Wizards outworked the Pistons tonight who got killed on the glass. Stanley Johnson again stood out to me as playing like he has no business in the NBA (on offense).
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#215 » by MotownMadness » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:32 am

DetroitPistons wrote:People can chalk this up to a bad night but of course, I won't. A few teams have exposed our offense this season. Anytime a team applies tough ball pressure to us we completely crumble and end up playing like we just did. We need to eventually replace SJ with a quality scoring option to overcome games like this. Also, idk if we think our offense is just going to carry us or what but our defensive intensity has not been there. We were pitiful on offense, on defense, and especially on the glass. Outworked by an overrated team without their best player. Arguably the most embarrassing loss of the season with a brutal stretch of games coming up. Wonderful.

Our defense has been there especially closing out in 4ths. It was a off game and it happens man. You guys gotta chill out man and understand there will be games like this we're we aren't executed fully.

Our offense is good now more than not. 5 out with Drummond at the key handing off to a cutter for a shot at the rim, a open 3 or a easy oop if not a fully commit to Dre after rolling after the handoff. Then we just mix upon our old pick and roll.

Don't sweat this game as it's gonna happen when we don't hit and Wiz just handled home court like they should. We got the next two in this series at home.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#216 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:36 am

MotownMadness wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:People can chalk this up to a bad night but of course, I won't. A few teams have exposed our offense this season. Anytime a team applies tough ball pressure to us we completely crumble and end up playing like we just did. We need to eventually replace SJ with a quality scoring option to overcome games like this. Also, idk if we think our offense is just going to carry us or what but our defensive intensity has not been there. We were pitiful on offense, on defense, and especially on the glass. Outworked by an overrated team without their best player. Arguably the most embarrassing loss of the season with a brutal stretch of games coming up. Wonderful.

Our defense has been there especially closing out in 4ths. It was a off game and it happens man. You guys gotta chill out man and understand there will be games like this we're we aren't executed fully.

Our offense is good now more than not. 5 out with Drummond at the key handing off to a cutter for a shot at the rim, a open 3 or a easy oop if not a fully commit to Dre after rolling after the handoff. Then we just mix upon our old pick and roll.

Don't sweat this game as it's gonna happen when we don't hit and Wiz just handled home court like they should. We got the next two in this series at home.

I'm not saying our offense sucks or anything. I'm just saying there is a very clear formula for completely shutting us down on offense that has been used by a few teams this season. Apply tight ball pressure and we collapse. The Bucks game comes to mind. It's more than just an "off night." Like I said, if teams keep doing that we will be in a lot of trouble. I don't hate SJ or anything but we need to make an big upgrade over him to having another scoring threat out there to overcome that type of ball pressure.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#217 » by MotownMadness » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:41 am

DetroitPistons wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

I'm not saying our offense sucks or anything. I'm just saying there is a very clear formula for completely shutting us down on offense that has been used by a few teams this season. Apply tight ball pressure and we collapse. The Bucks game comes to mind. It's more than just an "off night." Like I said, if teams keep doing that we will be in a lot of trouble. I don't hate SJ or anything but we need to make an big upgrade over him to having another scoring threat out there to overcome that type of ball pressure.

I just disagree, and think these nights are gonna happen sometimes but with this new 5 out offense how do you stop it more often than not? You hit a cutting guy after Dre hands off up high. One of the best bigs rolling to the rim giving the cutter a easy layup or easy oop to Dre or a wide open 3 point shooter with a majoriy of them shooting over 40% or damn near from 3. That's hard to stop but we didn't have it tonight.
DTP
General Manager

Post#218 » by DTP » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:45 am

MotownMadness wrote:
DTP wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Yeah but like I said before quit predicting wins and loses cause you won't get it right. Washington did what they were supposed to at home tonight and good for them.

What are we the F'n warriors from a couple years ago where they are just dominating everyone? We will cool off and lose games every now and then man it's the NBA

To dominate every night? No. To bring a professional effort every night, hell yes. Are you kidding me? Especially with a team like like this....its become way too much of a habit over the years.

Its not the end of the world but doesn't change the fact, its really scary when the team has performances like this because it brings up old habits. Orlando...remember their hot streak to start the season? Then they had a bad loss like this....which turned into 2 and then 3 and then oh snap 9 game losing streak. Remember Memphis hot start? Turned into one bad loss...then 2....then 4...then 8. Come with professional effort every night...that's all that's expected. When you come out with piss poor efforts in tough stretches like the one they're facing....it could easily get out of hand.

That's all I'm saying. Look at the rebounding numbers...Ish missing 3 straight free throws and then the next time to the line a lane violation as your best player is at the line. All with their best player out. Its a bad Loss....no other way to put it. Move on and try to recover tomorrow.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#219 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:45 am

MotownMadness wrote:I just disagree, and think these nights are gonna happen sometimes but with this new 5 out offense how do you stop it more often than not? You hit a cutting guy after Dre hands off up high. One of the best bigs rolling to the rim giving the cutter a easy layup or easy opp to Dre or a wide open 3 point shooter with a majoriy of them shooting over 40% or damn near from 3. That's hard to stop but we didn't have it tonight.

I agree with all of that. I like our offense overall but when they are completely disrupting our DHOs its hard to even complete a clean hand off, let alone make the pass to a rolling Drummond. They couldn't do it with the ball pressure so they end up passing it to the guy right next to them and have to reset. That's what happened all second half today. When it works it's beautiful but when it's disrupted it's very hard to score. We need to find ways to beat that ball pressure.

Edit: Ish reiterating that in the post game interview right now
The Moose
General Manager

Post#220 » by The Moose » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:46 am

@Sixers
@Spurs
@Bucks
vs Warriors
vs Celtics

If we can go 2-3, I'll be ok with it