ImageImageImage

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#81 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:31 pm

vic wrote:Miami will absolutely not sink lower than us, they have an identity and good coaching. They will take it personal if they fall below us.

Philly will take it personal too, they won't fall below us either their talent level won't allow it. Simmons and Embiid will go crazy

Sounds more like a rant then a fact backed up by much to me. We are clearly talented but just made a big overhaul now lacking what we were in our floor spacing. No reason to think Miami is in some upper tier than us yet. Give it a bit more time to come together as we are 1.5 back with plenty of time to make a run.
potatoaim
Senior
And1: 317

Post#82 » by potatoaim » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:02 pm

Anyone that wants/thinks this team should tank needs to focus their energy on something more productive, because its just not going to happen, so you might as well hope for wins...
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#83 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:17 am

Were currently 2.5% to get top 3 pick which is 1/40. Thats a better chance then we'd have to win a playoff series vs any of the cavs/raps/celt if we even do hit that 21% playoff odds that 538 has us at https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-nba-predictions/

The current dream which is still alive currently is we spike that top pick and land the greatest Euro prospect to ever live. Luka Doncic. He'd be the perfect pg for this team. Hes doing things in the 2nd toughest league in the world that no 18 year old has ever done. Trae Young would be a solid consolation prize if we end up at 3.

MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#84 » by MotownMadness » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:18 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:Were currently 2.5% to get top 3 pick which is 1/40. Thats a better chance then we'd have to win a playoff series vs any of the cavs/raps/celt if we even do hit that 21% playoff odds that 538 has us at https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-nba-predictions/

The current dream which is still alive currently is we spike that top pick and land the greatest Euro prospect to ever live. Luka Doncic. He'd be the perfect pg for this team. Hes doing things in the 2nd toughest league in the world that no 18 year old has ever done. Trae Young would be a solid consolation prize if we end up at 3.

Why are you talking about Luka Donicic? I would tell you to tamper your expectations before we traded our draft pick now I'm just in WTF is he talking about mode.

If you really think for a second your tanking your way to that top3 your crazy. I've literally drove myself nuts in every second half of a season taking months just to move up a couple spots in the draft and it's still nowhere near top 5 or a threat to get in there at any point. You just simply don't have a top 5 pick roster before or after that trade.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,465

Post#85 » by Canadafan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:42 pm

vic wrote:Lol we just had the actual worst team rest 3 starters on a back to back, and they still had a hard time losing against us.

We have a bad team we are going to tank whether it's on purpose or not.

SVG started out 5-24 or whatever with Josh Smith and he's about to end this year on a similar note because he has no creativity in his rotations.

Jameer Nelson???????

Relax we were up 30 and coasted. At no point were we ever in danger of losing. You and your two buds seriously need to give it a rest lol.
Where the heck is Pharaoh? I miss that guy!
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:Were currently 2.5% to get top 3 pick which is 1/40. Thats a better chance then we'd have to win a playoff series vs any of the cavs/raps/celt if we even do hit that 21% playoff odds that 538 has us at https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-nba-predictions/

Why are you talking about Luka Donicic? I would tell you to tamper your expectations before we traded our draft pick now I'm just in WTF is he talking about mode.

If you really think for a second your tanking your way to that top3 your crazy. I've literally drove myself nuts in every second half of a season taking months just to move up a couple spots in the draft and it's still nowhere near top 5 or a threat to get in there at any point. You just simply don't have a top 5 pick roster before or after that trade.

I'm not even talking about tanking. I get were going to be trying to win. I'm talking about if we dont make the playoffs as 538 projects us at only a 21% chance currently we've got a 2.5% chance at a top 3 pick still. Were 21% to make the playoffs and even if we do were like 0000.1% to win the series. Were 1 in 40 to actually land top 3 if we stay where were currently at in the standings.

Talking about the dream here which is we actually luckbox Doncic and have hope for something. This is the light at the end of the tunnel. If I want to dream I can dream bro!
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#87 » by MotownMadness » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:42 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

I'm not even talking about tanking. I get were going to be trying to win. I'm talking about if we dont make the playoffs as 538 projects us at only a 21% chance currently we've got a 2.5% chance at a top 3 pick still. Were 21% to make the playoffs and even if we do were like 0000.1% to win the series. Were 1 in 40 to actually land top 3 if we stay where were currently at in the standings.

Talking about the dream here which is we actually luckbox Doncic and have hope for something. This is the light at the end of the tunnel. If I want to dream I can dream bro!

The 12th spot has a 2.5% chance to win the lottery? There's also a huge difference between our odds of making the playoffs compared to hitting a top 3 pick out of the late lottery cause I think your maths off regardless and the odds are even worse than a 2.5% chance

Also where did you see those are our odds to win a playoff series? This all sounds a bit off there Buzzkill with terrible odds even trying to fabricate it better.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:46 pm

I never said the 12th spot has a 2.5% chance to win the lottery. I said 2.5% at a top 3 pick. The 12th spot has a 0.7% at the top pick.

http://www.tankathon.com/ to check the odds

Doncic may or may not be 1st or 2nd. Alot of people project Ayton to go 1st. Bagley is also highly prized. Hence why I said we could also get Young if we were 3rd the pick.

http://www.nbadraft.net/ Has Doncic falling all the way to 5.

Porter JR Would also be a nice fit if we get the 3 spot at SF. Hes project as a SF/PF at 6'10 with a smooth shooting stroke.

I'm using common sense that we've got no chance to win a playoff series vs the raps/cavs/celtics. You can dream of winning a playoff series with this current roster playing teams like the raps/celts/cavs, with no homecourt, and SVG's coaching. I'll dream of a more realistic goal like a 2.5% chance at a top 3 pick in a stacked draft.

Figuring 538 has us a 21% of making the playoffs which is 1 in 5 then then the odds of any 8 seed beating a 1 seed are super low. On top of that we've got SVG+a roster with no spacing its pretty easy to say the 1/40 chance of us getting a top 3 lotto chance are better then the chance we defy the odds to not only make the playoffs but pull a huge 1st round upset.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#89 » by MotownMadness » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:11 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:I never said the 12th spot has a 2.5% chance to win the lottery. I said 2.5% at a top 3 pick. The 12th spot has a 0.7% at the top pick.

Doncic may or may not be 1st or 2nd. Alot of people project Ayton to go 1st. Bagley is also highly prized. Hence why I said we could also get Young if we were 3rd the pick.

Porter JR Would also be a nice fit if we get the 3 spot at SF. Hes project as a SF/PF at 6'10 with a smooth shooting stroke.

I'm using common sense that we've got no chance to win a playoff series vs the raps/cavs/celtics. You can dream of winning a playoff series with this current roster playing teams like the raps/celts/cavs, with no homecourt, and SVG's coaching. I'll dream of a more realistic goal like a 2.5% chance at a top 3 pick in a stacked draft.

Figuring 538 has us a 21% of making the playoffs which is 1 in 5 then then the odds of any 8 seed beating a 1 seed are super low. On top of that we've got SVG+a roster with no spacing its pretty easy to say the 1/40 chance of us getting a top 3 lotto chance are better then the chance we defy the odds to not only make the playoffs but pull a huge 1st round upset.

Disagree, there's a way better chance at winning a playoff series than at getting a top 3 pick now and that's with not winning a playoff series very likely at all.

Not sure how I'm the dreamer here :lol:
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by Canadafan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:46 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:I never said the 12th spot has a 2.5% chance to win the lottery. I said 2.5% at a top 3 pick. The 12th spot has a 0.7% at the top pick.

Disagree, there's a way better chance at winning a playoff series than at getting a top 3 pick now and that's with not winning a playoff series very likely at all.

Not sure how I'm the dreamer here :lol:

Agreed. No doubt we could give the craptors a run. They're known chokers come playoff time. Celts.... Even their genius coach has said they're not as good as their record. Our front court would eat them up
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#91 » by Canadafan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Just so I can have my day completely ruined lol, how does the lottery work? We have top4 protected. Why did we do that? The only chance we would have is at a top 3 pick correct?
Correct me if im wrong but in order to get the 4th we would have to be one of the 3 worst teams in the league? And then have a team leapfrog us in order for us to slide down to 4? Am I wrong here? Is SVG maybe the dumbest man born? Lol fml
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,505

Post#92 » by whitehops » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:07 pm

It would be really nice to have our pick right about now. We’re 12th in the lottery and half a game ahead of Charlotte and two games ahead of the lakers. The way things are going we could have the 10th slot in the lottery, be tough to do better than that though.

At the 10th slot we would have a 4% chance of getting a top 3 pick and keeping it.

Canadafan wrote:Just so I can have my day completely ruined lol, how does the lottery work? We have top4 protected. Why did we do that? The only chance we would have is at a top 3 pick correct?
Correct me if im wrong but in order to get the 4th we would have to be one of the 3 worst teams in the league? And then have a team leapfrog us in order for us to slide down to 4? Am I wrong here? Is SVG maybe the dumbest man born? Lol fml

I think those protections were more for next year and beyond. The lottery expands to the top 5 picks being drawn.
Global Game
Junior
And1: 70

Post#93 » by Global Game » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:26 pm

Other than the 2nd round pick, Pistons should "draft" some free agents.

playmaking point guards that can shoot should be on the agenda.

40% 3 point shooter in college
40% 3 point shooter in the g league

buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Were currently 1/40 for a top 3 pick. If we fall to the 10th worst record we become 1/25 for a top 3 pick. Its possible the magic hit number 1 with really low odds the year Webber came out.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#95 » by vic » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:12 pm

Canadafan wrote:Just so I can have my day completely ruined lol, how does the lottery work? We have top4 protected. Why did we do that? The only chance we would have is at a top 3 pick correct?

YOur absolutely right...

Noooooow you get what has happened.

We couldn't get our pick straightforward even if we lost every game here on out. Which is more likely than making the playoffs.

Stan Van Gundy, ladies and gentlemen.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Mar 4, 2018 4:58 am

Looking at how many road games we've got left and how bad we are I think decent chance we end in the 10 slot. Lakers are .5 behind us and hornets 1 game. We wont catch the knicks.

That will give us a 4.0% chance at a top 3 pick. So 1 in 25 one time dealer!
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#97 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:58 pm

This would really be the year to jump into the top 3
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by Canadafan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:52 pm

If ever there was a time to fix the draft let it be this year lol
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#99 » by Crymson » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:14 pm

vic wrote:YOur absolutely right...

Noooooow you get what has happened.

We couldn't get our pick straightforward even if we lost every game here on out. Which is more likely than making the playoffs.

Stan Van Gundy, ladies and gentlemen.

That four-game, fool's gold winstreak did vastly more harm than good, which is to say that it did zero actual good whatsoever and made the team's odds of getting that pick even worse.

Honestly, what kind of moron puts only top-four protections on a draft pick when there are eight teams TRYING to lose?
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#100 » by sfballa13 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:21 pm

WTF is top FOUR protection

Make it top 10 you farxing idiot SVG

Anyways this will screw us but SVG has screwed us anyways in the past 3 drafts

At least he will be gone at the end of the season and that is probably the ONLY benefit to the trade

Return to Detroit Pistons