ImageImageImage

Will the Pistons make the playoffs this year?

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Will Pistons make playoffs this year?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 66

ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Re: Will the Pistons make the playoffs this year? 

Post#121 » by ImHeisenberg » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Canadafan wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:We're currently 9-17 this season on the road. If you're not good at math, let me inform you that it is bad.

We play 15 of our final 25 games on the road. If we maintain that trend, we'll finish that road record going 5-10.

We're 19-12 at home. Much better, with a 61% winning percentage.

Extrapolate that over the final 25, and that's a record of 39-43. Probably not good enough to snatch that elusive 8th seed SVG is blowing over a $100 million to achieve, but at least the Clippers don't get too good of a lottery pick. Just in a range where last year, guys like Donovan Mitchell, Malik Monk and the immortal Puke Kennard were drafted.

That road record means nothing.
1. Reggie was hurt for most of it.
2. We didn't have Blake for most of it.
3. A good Scotch helps to numb the constant repetitive negativity and obsession over things that have happened in the past. (looking at you too buzz kill) :wink:
Lol but seriously, scotch is wonderful when you're a Pistons fan and obviously you're just as die hard as the rest of us unless you're some sicko that enjoys tormenting us. So give it a try. Scotchy scotch scotch. I plan on having a little 15 yr Cardhu tonight whilst I watch Drummond make a fool of himself in the skills competition tonight :D

Just a down Pistons fan. Even when we were losing, I could see the light as the losing is often an agent of change and of course, the potential of a lottery pick.

Now? Darkness. Just watching the all star events last night reminded me of SVG's failings as a GM. Dinwiddie wins the skills challenge and has blossomed into a solid starting PG making the minimum. We're paying Ish Smith $6 million to do worse. Then Booker wins the 3-point shoot out, a guy SVG passed on because he drafted for need. Then, the most dubious, Mitchell winning rookie of the year, showing what an athletic freak he is. It hurts when you've lost all hope.

Yes, I'm a huge Pistons fan. I just hate the current iteration of the team, from ownership down to the roster.
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#122 » by mercury » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:07 am

It might come down to if Embiid can stay healthy.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,340

Post#123 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:02 am

mercury wrote:It might come down to if Embiid can stay healthy.

Hes playing back2backs now. The sixers seem to feel hes good to go. Also the sixers have played one of the toughest schedules in the nba this season.

Its going to come down to us or Miami.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,869

Post#124 » by MotownMadness » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:20 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:

Hes playing back2backs now. The sixers seem to feel hes good to go. Also the sixers have played one of the toughest schedules in the nba this season.

Yeah the only team I'm watching is Miami at the moment. Another team like a young Sixers could fall apart but Embiid is too impactful for that in my opinion.

God watching Embiid out there though and how beat up he moves up and down the court I really don't know how long he's going to last. He is insanely skilled inside and out for a 7 footer but moves around like a surgically rebuilt man for sure.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,456

Post#125 » by Canadafan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Maybe Indy slides too in my opinion
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#126 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:27 pm

I got us going 11-14 the rest of the way.

We got some cupcakes but alot of tough games as well.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#127 » by Canadafan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:47 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:I got us going 11-14 the rest of the way.

Weird how i just looked at the schedule and saw 14-11 lol. We're just complete opposites aren't we buzz :wink:
In fact, I don't see how we don't at least get 14 wins out of these last 25 games. My best case scenario is 19.
potatoaim
Senior
And1: 317

Post#128 » by potatoaim » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:35 pm

I think they make the playoffs. I thought I read somewhere that WED will be the first real practice since they acquired BG, as opposed to just shootarounds/walkthroughs.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#129 » by flow » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Canadafan wrote:

Weird how i just looked at the schedule and saw 14-11 lol. We're just complete opposites aren't we buzz :wink:
In fact, I don't see how we don't at least get 14 wins out of these last 25 games. My best case scenario is 19.

Did you have us winning only 1 of our last 3?
JAYZGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,528

Post#130 » by JAYZGOAT » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:26 am

MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Yeah the only team I'm watching is Miami at the moment. Another team like a young Sixers could fall apart but Embiid is too impactful for that in my opinion.

God watching Embiid out there though and how beat up he moves up and down the court I really don't know how long he's going to last. He is insanely skilled inside and out for a 7 footer but moves around like a surgically rebuilt man for sure.

Probably best to stop bringing it up and just enjoy him while he's out there and hope that he stays healthy for the sake of the game. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt...that's basketball.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#131 » by Canadafan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:06 am

flow wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

Those games didn't count :wink:
With practice time implementing Blake and Reggie coming back we're good. See ya in April
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#132 » by MotownMadness » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:54 am

Panic610 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Probably best to stop bringing it up and just enjoy him while he's out there and hope that he stays healthy for the sake of the game. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt...that's basketball.

If he does stay healthy he could be one of the GOATS
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#133 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:59 am

MotownMadness wrote:
Panic610 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Yeah the only team I'm watching is Miami at the moment. Another team like a young Sixers could fall apart but Embiid is too impactful for that in my opinion.

If he does stay healthy he could be one of the GOATS

Yeah he completely dominates offensively and defensively. Hes a special once a decade style big man. He literally can do everything its awesome to watch,

The energy he brings to the court you gotta love the dude. When hes on the court its all eyes on him. You can tell he really loves the game. You dont have to be a sixers fan to be a fan of this kid. Would be a shame for all fans if he goes down again.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,062

Post#134 » by MrBigShot » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:46 am

Yeah, Embiid really stood out to me in the all star game. It's just an exhibition game but he looked like a star among stars, much like LeBron usually does during the all star game.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#135 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:14 am

flow wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

I had us winning 3 of the last 4. Even though alot of road games. I fig 3 of those 4 r tank teams. I imagine will win a couple that will surprise me and lose to a few of the tank teams along the way.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#136 » by Canadafan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:35 pm

I sure hope Stan doesn't trot out the same starting 5. That would be a tad demoralizing lol.
He's gotta see that Ish is best as a sparkplug off the bench. Galloway shoots and defends much better. Blake Drummond SJ all can facilitate the offense
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:21 am

So much for the Wall injury effecting the wiz. They play better without him. They beat the cavs by 7 on the road today.

Sixers won again in a close one. Embiid and Simmons is just a nasty one two punch. Embiid with 30 13reb 5 assist 3stel 4 block and Simmons 32pt 7reb 11assist 2to. They've played one of the toughest schedules ITL thus far. Lucky for the rest of the league Fultz forgot how to shoot. If he figures it out next season+the cap space they've got going to be competing for it all.

Its going to be a heat vs pistons thing for the 8 seed for sure. Seems like we've got more talent then the heat but the heat are coached by one of the best in the business.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#138 » by whitehops » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 am

The sixers keep winning so it looks like it’s goong to come down to us vs Miami for the 8th seed.

We play them next Saturday (March 3rd) which will be a huge game. Not only would it put us a whole game closer to them but it would guarantee we hold the tie breaker, we’re currently winning the season series 2-1.

Losing that game will make it a lot tougher to make playoffs, especially if we lose the tie breaker (not sure we would).
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#139 » by MotownMadness » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:57 pm

whitehops wrote:The sixers keep winning so it looks like it’s goong to come down to us vs Miami for the 8th seed.

We play them next Saturday (March 3rd) which will be a huge game. Not only would it put us a whole game closer to them but it would guarantee we hold the tie breaker, we’re currently winning the season series 2-1.

Losing that game will make it a lot tougher to make playoffs, especially if we lose the tie breaker (not sure we would).

That tie breaker could be huge. I believe Miami missed the playoffs last year on a tie breaker as well.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#140 » by MotownMadness » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:01 pm

We need one of these other teams like the Bucks, Sixers or Heat to fall into a 5 game losing streak or something to get caught up.

Return to Detroit Pistons