ImageImageImage

2018-2019 Cap Situation

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,464

Re: 2018-2019 Cap Situation 

Post#21 » by Canadafan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Notanoob wrote:With as little flexibility as we have, I'd assume that the best thing to do is keep Toliver and Ennis to be our backup forwards and wait for the season after that to make moves. Fully healthy this team could compete for a 3rd seed depending on where LeBron goes.

We don't want to keep Leur or Galloway but without a first round pick to ship them out with we can't expect to move them except for garbage players on similar contracts. Those are lateral moves at best and aren't worth playing around with, as getting any upgrades from them are wishful thinking or will inevitably put us into a worse cap situation long-term.

Jackson/Ish
Kennard/Galloway
Johnson/Bullock/Ennis
Griffin/Toliver/Leur/Ellenson
Drummond/Moreland

That leaves us with a gaping hole at backup C, which we'll probably fill with Blake, but I'd rather not force him to play C too often. Kennard might take the starting job or just serve as the lead scorer for the bench unit with Bullock starting at SG. Season after that we'll have a pick to play with and Galloway/Leur expiring, so we'll actually have the flexibility to make moves, and that's when we have to either become a title contender or just be content with having a decent playoff team.

Cant wait that long. I like what Penguin says. Move 2 useless high paid guys for 1 useful high paid guy :)

Return to Detroit Pistons