Re: Hawks @ Pistons 

Post#241 » by engelbert321 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:30 am

Cool
mrfalse9
Sophomore
And1: 53

Post#242 » by mrfalse9 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:58 am

Kilo wrote:Why do we want to make the play-offs? To save Stan's job? And get Gores two extra home dates before we're swept that won't come near selling out?

I have a strong feeling we can upset the Raptors or Celtics with a healthy RJ plus the chemistry we will get after the ASG. We're still not near in our full potential as a team.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#243 » by DCintheD » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:17 am

mrfalse9 wrote:
Kilo wrote:Why do we want to make the play-offs? To save Stan's job? And get Gores two extra home dates before we're swept that won't come near selling out?

I have a strong feeling we can upset the Raptors or Celtics with a healthy RJ plus the chemistry we will get after the ASG. We're still not near in our full potential as a team.

Svg will need to be fired just to get a game or two against those guys. Look what’s happened with the bucks since firing Kidd. This team will never reach its full potential under svg.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#244 » by flow » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:41 am

Stan slams the bench. Seems to be at wits end.

Oh, the irony.

afroxnas
Junior
And1: 167

Post#245 » by afroxnas » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:32 am

The Pistons almost blew a 30 point lead against a team and a coaching staff trying to lose the game. They even sat their 3 best players just to make sure they wouldn’t beat us again. They almost failed...
The Pistons are done for the season unless someone steps up in that locker room and shoes some leadership and accountability
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,105

Post#246 » by Kilo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:57 am

flow wrote:Stan slams the bench. Seems to be at wits end.

Oh, the irony.

Good. Quit.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,105

Post#247 » by Kilo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:06 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Kilo wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Because we have no draft pick and making that pick as far out as possible is the best possible situation for us at the moment all around. There's no other option besides wanting to be stubborn

1% chance we win the lottery and a much greater chance Stan is fired is better result than a play-off sweep. I mean LAC picking 13th vs 15th isn't keeping me up at night.

That's just crazy, how old are you?

Yo momma's so stupid, she put two quarters in her ears and thought she was listening to 50 Cent.

Yo mamma is so ugly when she tried to join an ugly contest they said, "Sorry, no professionals."
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#248 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Kilo wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Kilo wrote:1% chance we win the lottery and a much greater chance Stan is fired is better result than a play-off sweep. I mean LAC picking 13th vs 15th isn't keeping me up at night.

That's just crazy, how old are you?

Yo momma's so stupid, she put two quarters in her ears and thought she was listening to 50 Cent.

Yo mamma is so ugly when she tried to join an ugly contest they said, "Sorry, no professionals."

Sorry it was just the first thing I was wondering after reading that. What makes some of you think SVG is getting fired if we miss the playoffs?

Just not sure where you guys are even getting that from and why anyone would rather miss then make it cause they would rather complain then watch the playoffs.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#249 » by rmfc » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Oh, the irony.

At some point, the players have to take the blame completely. The bench has been playing garbage basketball for months now.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,465

Post#250 » by Canadafan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:34 pm

rmfc wrote:

Oh, the irony.

At some point, the players have to take the blame completely. The bench has been playing garbage basketball for months now.

The bench needs their leader, Ish Smith :D
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#251 » by Billl » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:14 pm

The problems last night had nothing to do with matchups or game plan. Guys just shut it down after they got the 30 point lead. That's a completely natural tendency, but guys have to be professional enough to put forth the effort independent of the scoreboard.

SVG gets the blame for wonky rotations and not having a plan to integrate Blake yet. That's a much bigger long term issue. Blake is a dominant multi-dimensional post player. You have to get him touches in the paint. You can't just camp him out up top and have him pound the ball. Yes, he's a good passer, but he's an elite finisher. Ignoring the best part of his game is just insane.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#252 » by ImHeisenberg » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:56 pm

mrfalse9 wrote:I have a strong feeling we can upset the Raptors or Celtics with a healthy RJ.

What are you smoking? Everyone thinks a guy who hasn't even ran since December is going to be some savior. It's like we're recycling the same bad logic as last year.

You know what the definition of madness is? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Your expectations for RJ is simply madness. Unless you can convince me how an asthmatic, oft injured player with terrible conditioning (due to the injury) is going to magically transform our team from someone who can barely beat a tanking Hawks team without 3 starters to upsetting 50 win teams.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#253 » by Billl » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:52 am

Our problem isn't beating 50 win teams. These guys have shown they can beat anyone. The problem is that they have also shown they can lose to anyone..... and often do. They don't compete consistently.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#254 » by rmfc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:05 am

ImHeisenberg wrote:
mrfalse9 wrote:I have a strong feeling we can upset the Raptors or Celtics with a healthy RJ.

What are you smoking? Everyone thinks a guy who hasn't even ran since December is going to be some savior. It's like we're recycling the same bad logic as last year.

You know what the definition of madness is? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Your expectations for RJ is simply madness. Unless you can convince me how an asthmatic, oft injured player with terrible conditioning (due to the injury) is going to magically transform our team from someone who can barely beat a tanking Hawks team without 3 starters to upsetting 50 win teams.

As is, RJ takes forever to get back to decent form even after minor injuries. He's trying to recover from his second major injury now. I have no hopes of any positive contribution from RJ this season.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#255 » by ImHeisenberg » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 pm

Billl wrote:Our problem isn't beating 50 win teams. These guys have shown they can beat anyone. The problem is that they have also shown they can lose to anyone..... and often do. They don't compete consistently.

It's the NBA. Horrible teams still end the season with 15-20 wins, with some surprises in there. Yes, we technically can beat anyone on a given night. But, with 7 game series, the better team generally wins out because the 7 games protect the better team from 2-3 games of variance where an inferior team just gets hot.

Return to Detroit Pistons