23%

Total votes: 22

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Re: Moving forward with Blake 

Post#41 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:19 am

DCintheD wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:I think in the offseason you get Kemba. Charlotte has to sell or they are insane maxing him with that roster and MJ knows it.

I think they blew they're shot to get big value at the deadline. Now he's a expiring and teams now the situation so what would even be the price?

I just really like the idea of locking up Kemba/Drummond/Griffin. Your already on the hook for the other two anyways so add a guy like that with elite advanced offensive stats and see where it goes.

Kemba would become the franchise PG and he seems like a humble kid that cares more about being comfortable than running off cause he doesn't even want traded and sounds desperate to stay there.

Charlotte clears 30 mil in cap the year he’s a free agent and another 28 the following year. They’ll re-sign or extend him before trading him. Jordan already said he won’t trade him unless it’s for an all star and I can’t see anyone trading an all star for Kemba on an expiring deal. Kemba won’t happen for us. Not this offseason atleast. Maybe once he’s on the other side of 30 and declining.

That's true, Dwight is probably one of them clearing cap like that I assume?
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#42 » by DCintheD » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:23 am

MotownMadness wrote:
DCintheD wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:I think in the offseason you get Kemba. Charlotte has to sell or they are insane maxing him with that roster and MJ knows it.

I think they blew they're shot to get big value at the deadline. Now he's a expiring and teams now the situation so what would even be the price?

I just really like the idea of locking up Kemba/Drummond/Griffin. Your already on the hook for the other two anyways so add a guy like that with elite advanced offensive stats and see where it goes.

Kemba would become the franchise PG and he seems like a humble kid that cares more about being comfortable than running off cause he doesn't even want traded and sounds desperate to stay there.

Charlotte clears 30 mil in cap the year he’s a free agent and another 28 the following year. They’ll re-sign or extend him before trading him. Jordan already said he won’t trade him unless it’s for an all star and I can’t see anyone trading an all star for Kemba on an expiring deal. Kemba won’t happen for us. Not this offseason atleast. Maybe once he’s on the other side of 30 and declining.

That's true, Dwight is probably one of them clearing cap like that I assume?

Yea Dwight and lamb in 2019 and Williams and mkg 2020
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#43 » by Spider156 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:31 am

The future is Johnson and Drummond. Blake is just an expensive star player that can take them to the next level if they listen to his ideas. Once those three become succinct, it's over!
Defense wins championships
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#44 » by dVs33 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:07 am

I think the best thing we could do is get reggie back healthy and see what we have.
I'm not a reggie fan necessarily, but we are missing exactly what he brings. With an extra shooters in Ennius and Nelson, I'm very interested to see what reggie can do. I like the balance of our wings and I like their cheap deals... except Galloways of course
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#45 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:08 pm

dVs33 wrote:I think the best thing we could do is get reggie back healthy and see what we have.
I'm not a reggie fan necessarily, but we are missing exactly what he brings. With an extra shooters in Ennius and Nelson, I'm very interested to see what reggie can do. I like the balance of our wings and I like their cheap deals... except Galloways of course

Yeah it's going to make things interesting especially during a run for the playoffs. If he comes back and just clicks those 3 can do some damage out there.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#46 » by Canadafan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:03 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
dVs33 wrote:I think the best thing we could do is get reggie back healthy and see what we have.

Yeah it's going to make things interesting especially during a run for the playoffs. If he comes back and just clicks those 3 can do some damage out there.

:nod:
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#47 » by MotownMadness » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Was jut looking and we got three guys in the top 20 of 3pt% (Tolliver, Bullock and Luke). Tobias is no longer in the top 20 after being pretty much top 5 about a month ago it seems like.

SVG needs a PG out there capable of hitting the 3 and to correct his damn lineups. How do we have literally 3 of the top 20 3point shooters this year with teams daring us too shoot clogging the lane worse than the 90s?

I thought a guy like George Hill who can play both spots efficiently off the ball and on would of been perfect with Blake having the ball in his hands a lot.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#48 » by jakebernat » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:56 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Was jut looking and we got three guys in the top 20 of 3pt% (Tolliver, Bullock and Luke). Tobias is no longer in the top 20 after being pretty much top 5 about a month ago it seems like.

SVG needs a PG out there capable of hitting the 3 and to correct his damn lineups. How do we have literally 3 of the top 20 3point shooters this year with teams daring us too shoot clogging the lane worse than the 90s?

I thought a guy like George Hill who can play both spots efficiently off the ball and on would of been perfect with Blake having the ball in his hands a lot.

I really don’t understand why SVG continues to start Ish. I’m probably being naive, but it seems so painfully obvious that he’s best coming off the bench and leading the 2nd unit, where he can be the man out there. He’s practically useless on offense with Blake and Andre out there unless there’s a major lapse in the defense.

Hopefully SVG is completely reshaping the offense to accommodate Blake and utilize his playmaking abilities. Galloway could play off the ball and spread the court similarly to how George Hill hypothetically would in your scenario. It’s something that needs to happen in order to bring balance to our lineups, and it would make transitioning Reggie back into the lineup a bit easier and more natural.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#49 » by Canadafan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:23 pm

I know we're not using it most likely, but what exemptions do we have and how are they used? We have one from Leuers injury and one from the trade. Someone please explain :)
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#50 » by ImHeisenberg » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:13 pm

If we wanted to get out from under Blake's contract, is there even a team out there that you can say would want him, and also able to make room for him?

Guaranteed, we could never get a package in return for him anywhere near what we (over)paid for. But, is there even a team that's as desperate and dumb as the Pistons?
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Post#51 » by A_dub06 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:38 am

ImHeisenberg wrote:If we wanted to get out from under Blake's contract, is there even a team out there that you can say would want him, and also able to make room for him?

Guaranteed, we could never get a package in return for him anywhere near what we (over)paid for. But, is there even a team that's as desperate and dumb as the Pistons?

Are these rhetorical questions? Lol. You’re a smart guy, I know you know the answers to these questions!

ATL - definitely no
BKN - definitely no
BOS - no
CHA - maybe trade for but not with assets
CHI - definitely no
CLE - definitely no
DAL - definitely no
DEN - no
GSW - definitely no
HOU - definitely no (would be funny though)
IND - maybe trade for but not with assets
LAC - obviously no
LAL - possible trade for but not with assets
MIL - definitely no
MIA - no
MEM - very doubtful
MIN - definitely no
NYK - definitely no
NOR - definitely no
OKC - definitely no
ORL - definitely no (if they learnt their lesson)
POR - very doubtful
PHI - definitely no
PHX - definitely no
SAC - dark horse due to stupidity of owner/gm
SAN - lol hell no
TOR - definitely no
UTA - no
WAS - maybe trade for but not with assets

The more you look at it the worse the Griffin trade really seems, nobody else would have given them a package like that. We lost our flexibility and draft picks all to take on a colossal contract who is declining as a player. #FIRESVG

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,347

Post#52 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:56 am

ImHeisenberg wrote:If we wanted to get out from under Blake's contract, is there even a team out there that you can say would want him, and also able to make room for him?

Reports say their wasnt much of a market for him. Hence why the clippers didnt hold him to the deadline to get the best possible offer. They felt the pistons offer was the best on the table and took it 10 days before the deadline hit. Rather then wait and play the phones and drive up the price on the once great Blake. Another thing to think about here is their trading for our lotto pick, West should consider the fact trading Blake should give us more wins hurting the pick so waiting makes even more since. That is unless hes more worried about a Blake injury and knows this was by far the best offer out there.

I'd be trying to sell him to the kings for a future pick or two fig Vivek is a Cali guy if it was possible. The thing about it is if any of the other badly ran teams like the magic/kings/etc were interested in Blake, Jerry west would of hit them up on a deal rather then us. Him trading Blake before the deadline and the reports show the market just isnt there for him.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by Canadafan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:44 am

This long break has me excited for some basketball baby!
Can't wait to play the Celts! I got a good feeling about this boys lol.
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#54 » by DET_Athletics » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:41 am

The wings are now one of the strengths of the team. I would t move any of them, but lock them up long term and let them grow. The only question marks we have are stretch big problems, point guard problem, and contract and dead money issue. I Don't want to see any wings traded. Reggie, ish, Galloway, leuer, Ellenson and picks should be the only thing on the trade block with being very reluctant to trade Ellenson because he could turn into a beast in the right circumstances.
Global Game
Junior
And1: 70

Post#55 » by Global Game » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 am

Keep Scouting!
Global Game
Junior

Post#56 » by Global Game » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 am

Global Game
Junior

Post#57 » by Global Game » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:36 am

MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#58 » by MotownMadness » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:38 am

Global Game wrote:Keep Scouting!

That's what I like to see, keep them coming (in the draft thread 8-)) . How awesome would be to hit on a 2nd rounder after losing our first though.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Post#59 » by A_dub06 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:09 am

How about we use our second round pick to swing for the fences on a prospect that could blossom into something instead of a 28 year old from Europe?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Det313Pound
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#60 » by Det313Pound » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Solid Defender
Has a jumper, solid from 3
Decent size
Great court vision
Lightning quick

Return to Detroit Pistons