ImageImageImage

All Star Weekend - Dinwiddie wins skills comp, Booker 3pt contest and Mitchell wins Dunk contest...

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Re: All Star Weekend - Dinwiddie wins skills comp, Booker 3pt contest and Mitchell wins Dunk contest... 

Post#21 » by hoophabit » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:59 pm

:D Yeah, but it sure looks like fate was trolling the Pistons with this outcome. :D
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Re: All Star Weekend - Dinwiddie wins skills comp, Booker 3pt contest and Mitchell wins Dunk contest... 

Post#22 » by vege » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Arp590 wrote:Meh not sure what the obsession with Dinwiddie is. Dude is putting up some numbers on a bad team, on bad efficiency.
38.8% FG on the season? 33% in February..

He is #26 is real plus minus in the league, better than anyone in our team, Drummond is #40 and Blake is #75. He is having a great season on a bad team, where he can do whatever he wants, he wouldn't be that player in Detroit, he wasn't that player in Detroit and would never develop to become what he is right now.

I'm not even sure if Mitchell or Booker would be the players they are if we drafted them, they went to the perfect situation, all 3 of them, and did the best out of it so far.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#23 » by MotownMadness » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:44 pm

vege wrote:
Arp590 wrote:Meh not sure what the obsession with Dinwiddie is. Dude is putting up some numbers on a bad team, on bad efficiency.
38.8% FG on the season? 33% in February..

He is #26 is real plus minus in the league, better than anyone in our team, Drummond is #40 and Blake is #75. He is having a great season on a bad team, where he can do whatever he wants, he wouldn't be that player in Detroit, he wasn't that player in Detroit and would never develop to become what he is right now.

I'm not even sure if Mitchell or Booker would be the players they are if we drafted them, they went to the perfect situation, all 3 of them, and did the best out of it so far.

He is good in those departments and used to be a lot higher then that. His court awareness is almost ahead of his skills. Look in clutch time against us, just smooth and calm hitting a game winner and running a offense.

But I think what hurts him is his home and away numbers. I haven't seen them recently but it was like going from a star at home to a complete scrub away.
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,543

Post#24 » by pistonsbball » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:37 pm

Will it feel a little better when Kennard wins the 3pt contest?
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#26 » by mercury » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:31 am

Was there a game?... don't generally bother with fake basketball where defenders bail out of the way.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#27 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:23 am

mercury wrote:Was there a game?... don't generally bother with fake basketball where defenders bail out of the way.

Much better this year
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#28 » by DET_Athletics » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:54 am

I dont understand why everyine is tripping because all of those players thrived because they were able to be the man in those situation and wouldnt have gotten the same situation here if we drafted them. They were not the right players to fill our holes. The only one anyone can feel any type of way about is the Stanley vs. Booker, and in the end Stanley will still be the best player for us, because if you think Stanley is in the dog house now, Booker would have gotten traded because his defense is worse than Kennard's, and his defense is just passing, barely.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#29 » by MotownMadness » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:11 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:
mercury wrote:Was there a game?... don't generally bother with fake basketball where defenders bail out of the way.

Much better this year

Yeah normally I can't even watch it cause it's so pitiful. This year I actually watched the whole thing.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#30 » by Canadafan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:54 am

MotownMadness wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:

Much better this year

Yeah normally I can't even watch it cause it's so pitiful. This year I actually watched the whole thing.

Ya I surprised myself watching the whole thing as well. Durant and Lebron together was nasty. PG Westbrook and Kyrie all finished the game with them. Dayammmm
Durant Lebron George to the Lakers next year! Lol
Dmitry_M
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#31 » by Dmitry_M » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:10 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Jameer showed out in the talent show!!!

master fishmaker! (which is good for those who fishes during playoff!)
Unfortunately Chuck and Kenny don't eat it!
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#32 » by MotownMadness » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:13 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/andre-drummond-pistons-all-star-weekend-blake-griffin-stan-van-gundy

Andre Drummond interview Q&A from over the weekend. Does mention that he loves it here because it's became his home being here 6 years now. Also got a kick out of how the "Form a **** wall" went down in the huddle.
PistonsSince85
Junior
And1: 124

Post#33 » by PistonsSince85 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Absolutely damning for SVG.

I honestly cannot stand him. Time to move on.

Return to Detroit Pistons