ImageImageImage

Fire SVG

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Re: Fire SVG 

Post#221 » by Kilo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:46 am

Yeah let's wait two weeks before even talking about the issue. What. a. GONGSHOW.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#222 » by vic » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:34 pm

You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
ChuckVanBrown
Senior
And1: 352

Post#223 » by ChuckVanBrown » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:18 pm

I doubt SVG will get fired at this point. If Gores wasn’t 100% on board with firing him once the season ended, I don’t see how a few weeks later changes his mind.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gores and SVG reach some sort of compromise that SVG will give up some of his roles as team president, but it will likely just be some toothless agreement and not a formal demotion.

Maybe Gores is less confident in the roster, and doesn’t think SVG is the problem? Either way, something has to change.
haulerch
Senior
And1: 269

Post#224 » by haulerch » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:30 pm

My thought is both SVG and Bower will be back in their roles. Shakeup will be with SVG’s coaching staff.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#225 » by Neptune » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:06 pm

As soon as this bum leaves the Pistons organization we'll finally get out the Orlando Magic era! So many bust have been drafted since Dumars left. Luke, Stanley, Ellenson! Stupid money given to Luer, Galloway, Jackson! Dumb decisions to move Monroe and KCP without anything in return.

Once he leaves, I'll start posting again. I can't wait until that day comes.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 469

Post#226 » by Crymson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:12 pm

If Gores doesn't realize how bad a coach Stan is, he must be blind. Or too habitually drunk.

Stan literally lost the 2016-2017 season for the Pistons. It was on him. It took nothing to make the playoffs in that conference, but he did nearly everything wrong. And his mistakes were brutally obvious.
Det313Pound
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#227 » by Det313Pound » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:26 am

I really want Stackhouse as coach. What he has done for Toronto G League team is amazing, with players actually making an impact in the NBA. He has always been a vocal leader on the court as well.

I want Billups as GM because he actually holds weight with these players. I think guys would sign here that normally wouldn't.....if only Gores was competent.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#228 » by DBC10 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:21 am

Det313Pound wrote:I really want Stackhouse as coach. What he has done for Toronto G League team is amazing, with players actually making an impact in the NBA. He has always been a vocal leader on the court as well.

I want Billups as GM because he actually holds weight with these players. I think guys would sign here that normally wouldn't.....if only Gores was competent.

I don't know about Billups since I want a modern whiz kid as a GM in this day and age of basketball. But I think giving Stack a shot is also a good choice tho.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 733

Post#229 » by A_dub06 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:20 am

DBC10 wrote:
Det313Pound wrote:I really want Stackhouse as coach. What he has done for Toronto G League team is amazing, with players actually making an impact in the NBA. He has always been a vocal leader on the court as well.

I don't know about Billups since I want a modern whiz kid as a GM in this day and age of basketball. But I think giving Stack a shot is also a good choice tho.

Agreed!

I don’t think we could sway any college coaches that could be the next Stevens to make the jump to the big league and Stack deserves a look given his development of several raptors so why not take the look. Would be a low risk high reward move.

With regard to the gm role, I think we would need to give whoever comes in complete control for it to work out. Anyone on the roster should be tradable and if the incoming GM thinks we need to rebuild so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
vic
Veteran

Post#230 » by vic » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 am

So good to see teams put together the right way. Letting the young star talent play their games, letting the role players be role players, and letting the vets come in for support. Kudos to Philly and good luck to Robert Covington and Ersan Ilyasova.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/4/22/17266596/76ers-nba-playoffs-2018-depth-heat-ersan-ilyasova

Hopefully soon we'll be rid of SVG.
- Who undervalues young star talent
- Discards good young role players, or makes sure they are playing outside of their role
- Makes Sure to always trade for vets who can take minutes and stop the development of the future, but keep the Pistons in the lottery at the same time
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#231 » by ImHeisenberg » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:01 pm

DBC10 wrote:I don't know about Billups since I want a modern whiz kid as a GM in this day and age of basketball. But I think giving Stack a shot is also a good choice tho.

I agree on Billups not being a good choice to run a team. I disagree on Stackhouse as head coach. He coaches his teams to play in his era, not the modern pace and space NBA. I don't want another coach that's behind the times. That's basically been every coach we've had since Flip Saunders, guys who the NBA had already figured out their outdated schemes long ago.
vic
Veteran

Post#232 » by vic » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:38 pm

RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#233 » by RSCD3_ » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:49 pm

From Gilbert Arenas' Ask Me Anything on the NBA Reddit

User

u/Ninety4kid: What's up Gil! Big fan, I just wanna ask how you felt during your time in Orlando and what was it like to play with a guy like Dwight and a coach like Stan Van Gundy?

Gilbert Arenas: Orlando was a difficult time for me because I was coming off the gun thing and I was trying to mentally be there and have a voice when I felt I was voiceless due to my past. So I just sat back and stayed clear of everybody. Dwight was a great teammate. Freak of nature specimen and the team was built around him. I wasn't in a position to challenge Stan on some of the things he was doing negatively for the team. Like not motivating the players and always having something negative to say and I couldn't say anything because I wasn't in a position to challenge Stan because I was coming coming off the gun thing.

Yeah you should take this with a grain of salt but I think Stan's curmudgeoningly behavior has a short shelf life

You could chalk it up to "Milennials have no respect" but he's been in the league long enough and plenty of other of coaches can get good effort from their guys without burning them out with his constant "not good enough" attitude.

All my opinion but i've these suppositions long before this AMA came out and was worried how his attitude would grow with the young group, most those guys are gone now anyways but if we're not gonna be competing anytime soon and we're not gonna play rookies what's the point.
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#234 » by Kilo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:15 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:From Gilbert Arenas' Ask Me Anything on the NBA Reddit

User

u/Ninety4kid: What's up Gil! Big fan, I just wanna ask how you felt during your time in Orlando and what was it like to play with a guy like Dwight and a coach like Stan Van Gundy?

Gilbert Arenas: Orlando was a difficult time for me because I was coming off the gun thing and I was trying to mentally be there and have a voice when I felt I was voiceless due to my past. So I just sat back and stayed clear of everybody. Dwight was a great teammate. Freak of nature specimen and the team was built around him. I wasn't in a position to challenge Stan on some of the things he was doing negatively for the team. Like not motivating the players and always having something negative to say and I couldn't say anything because I wasn't in a position to challenge Stan because I was coming coming off the gun thing.

Yeah you should take this with a grain of salt but I think Stan's curmudgeoningly behavior has a short shelf life

You could chalk it up to "Milennials have no respect" but he's been in the league long enough and plenty of other of coaches can get good effort from their guys without burning them out with his constant "not good enough" attitude.

All my opinion but i've these suppositions long before this AMA came out and was worried how his attitude would grow with the young group, most those guys are gone now anyways but if we're not gonna be competing anytime soon and we're not gonna play rookies what's the point.

Basically indicating that Donovan Mitchell wouldn't be the same here that he is in Utah. Mitchell seriously considered going back to school for another year as he didn't think himself ready and Chris Paul and Paul George worked out with him and convinced him to make the jump. Now if the kid had lingering questions about his ability and then Stan started grinding on him with constant negativity he would have just lead to more self doubt. Stanley Johnson is irrationally self-confident and Stan has worn him down. Stan sees every coach-player relationship like it's friggin bootcamp and he has to tear you down and make you bend to his every whim.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 469

Post#235 » by Crymson » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Kilo wrote:Basically indicating that Donovan Mitchell wouldn't be the same here that he is in Utah. Mitchell seriously considered going back to school for another year as he didn't think himself ready and Chris Paul and Paul George worked out with him and convinced him to make the jump. Now if the kid had lingering questions about his ability and then Stan started grinding on him with constant negativity he would have just lead to more self doubt. Stanley Johnson is irrationally self-confident and Stan has worn him down. Stan sees every coach-player relationship like it's friggin bootcamp and he has to tear you down and make you bend to his every whim.

Not that I disagree that Van Gundy has been abysmal at utilizing and developing his draft picks, but is that rationale about Mitchell meant as self-consolation?

Return to Detroit Pistons