Pistons Off-Season

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Re: Pistons Off-Season 

Post#41 » by mercury » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:20 am

Snakebites wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:At this point, the Pistons would be better served moving this franchise to Seattle and opening an expansion team in its place. We'd get out from under a bad owner, bad management and horrendous contracts.

Agreed.

Our team in terms of player personnel has net negative assets. Rebooting Cleveland Browns style and starting from scratch would be an amazing move.

Uh, NO to moving the franchise!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,789

Post#42 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:47 am

mercury wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:At this point, the Pistons would be better served moving this franchise to Seattle and opening an expansion team in its place. We'd get out from under a bad owner, bad management and horrendous contracts.

Agreed.

Our team in terms of player personnel has net negative assets. Rebooting Cleveland Browns style and starting from scratch would be an amazing move.

Eh. As long as there's still a team called the Pistons in Detroit, what difference does it make?

You really feel all that attached to anyone in the current organization?
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#43 » by mercury » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:50 am

Snakebites wrote:
mercury wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Agreed.

Eh. As long as there's still a team called the Pistons in Detroit, what difference does it make?

You think a new owner will start a franchise from scratch in Detroit?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,789

Post#44 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:05 am

mercury wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
mercury wrote:Uh, NO to moving the franchise!

You think a new owner will start a franchise from scratch in Detroit?

Well, Heinsenberg's hypothetical assumes that. Is it realistic? I dunno. Probably not. It worked for Cleveland.

That's all I was commenting on.
stylesofpunk
Junior
And1: 140

Post#45 » by stylesofpunk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:26 am

I was thinking and maybe this offseason we could trade Galloway for Aldrich and Leuer for Delladova.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 469

Post#46 » by Crymson » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:08 pm

stylesofpunk wrote:I was thinking and maybe this offseason we could trade Galloway for Aldrich and Leuer for Delladova.

Lateral moves at best, and probably worse than that. Aldrich just isn't a good player, and Dellavedova is very bad. I'd prefer Leuer over him.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#47 » by Billl » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:23 pm

The problem with this team isn't that our overpriced role players need to be shuffled around.
stylesofpunk
Junior
And1: 140

Post#48 » by stylesofpunk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:52 pm

Crymson wrote:
stylesofpunk wrote:I was thinking and maybe this offseason we could trade Galloway for Aldrich and Leuer for Delladova.

Lateral moves at best, and probably worse than that. Aldrich just isn't a good player, and Dellavedova is very bad. I'd prefer Leuer over him.

Aldrich is a 1 year 7 mil deal while Galloway is a 2 year 6.6 mil deal Minny probably could get something more for Aldrich but Galloway helps if Crawford leaves.

Delly might do decent here on the 2nd unit might be a change of scenery move to help get him to be a more defensive/3 pt/scrappy guard again
Crymson
Rookie

Post#49 » by Crymson » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:11 pm

stylesofpunk wrote:Aldrich is a 1 year 7 mil deal while Galloway is a 2 year 6.6 mil deal Minny probably could get something more for Aldrich but Galloway helps if Crawford leaves.

Minnesota has zero reason to desire Galloway. As you say, Aldrich's contract ends one year earlier.

Delly might do decent here on the 2nd unit might be a change of scenery move to help get him to be a more defensive/3 pt/scrappy guard again.

Dellavedova is barely a better shooter than Ish, and he's less skilled in every other facet of the game. He's a classic example of a not particularly skilled player who can perform adequately next to LeBron but is worse than replacement-level otherwise. Simply put, he sucks.

Moreover, the Pistons will possibly lose Tolliver and therefore cannot afford to lose Leuer.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#50 » by ImHeisenberg » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:23 pm

Snakebites wrote:
mercury wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Agreed.

That would be my perception. Literally install a new franchise with the same name. Let Gores have the big market he desires, let Detroit have a new start.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#51 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm going to spend the off-season and the foreseeable future following the Detroit Lions.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,765

Post#52 » by theBigLip » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Crymson wrote:

Leuer wasn't 100% when he played last year. If he comes back healthy, I expect him to be a respectable role player in the rotation next year. And I hope that is the case because he doesn't have any trade value now.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#53 » by chrbal » Tue May 1, 2018 12:14 am

We pretty much are up against the tax wall, so we can't really add anything.

We won't pick until sometime in the 2nd round, unless we have lottery luck...which I don't honestly think we ever have. I feel like the Grant Hill and Darko picks landed about where they should have.

Free agency, we're probably losing Tolliver. James Ennis and Jameer Nelson should not be retained. Dwight Buycks and Eric Moreland will probably get another go.

I feel like we're stuck until a SVG resolution happens. And honestly, even if he is let go, I still feel like we're stuck. So basically pray for good health for Griffin and Jackson, two guys who have notoriously missed a lot of games each season.

YAY?????
Southern Piston
Senior
And1: 95

Post#54 » by Southern Piston » Tue May 1, 2018 10:36 am

We trade Galloway, ish, laur, and buyucks for Joakim Noah, Frank Nkitilina, and trey burke
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#55 » by Kilo » Tue May 1, 2018 11:41 am

Detroit got a little lottery win in 2003 as Memphis moved up from #6 to #2.

Picking 6th would have sucked as we'd have been looking at Kaman, Hinrich or Ford. James, Wade, Bosh, Melo and Darko would have still went top 5.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#56 » by Canadafan » Tue May 1, 2018 12:11 pm

Kilo wrote:Detroit got a little lottery win in 2003 as Memphis moved up from #6 to #2.

Picking 6th would have sucked as we'd have been looking at Kaman, Hinrich or Ford. James, Wade, Bosh, Melo and Darko would have still went top 5.

All better options than Darko :cry:
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#57 » by The Penguin » Tue May 1, 2018 1:37 pm

stylesofpunk wrote:
Crymson wrote:
stylesofpunk wrote:Like i said spit balling because we need to do something with this team. one of drummond/griffin need to go and a 3 pt range bigman needs to come back in it

The best course for the future of this organization is to dump Griffin as soon as possible, even if he must be dumped for nothing. This would free the Pistons from the four years remaining on his contract, allow Drummond to return to the role in which he excelled, and afford the organization some flexibility this summer. But I strongly doubt that Tom Gores would allow it. Trading Drummond would require the Pistons to sell low; this summer's free agent and draft classes are both rich in capable big men. There's no viable way out of this situation right now.

Trying to think who would be interested in Griffin a contender with a need for a ball dominant PF

Just the next "most desperate" team.

I could see Washington being interested in Blake, especially if the price is something around Gortat / filler.

Miami seems like they want to dump Whiteside bad and were rumored to be interested in Blake last summer.

Under the right circumstances, I can see teams like the Knicks, Pelicans, Thunder, Suns, Blazers, Kings being interested in Blake.

Considering nothing has happened with Stan yet, I don't think we're ready to move on from this core. IMO Stan has convinced Gores that Lebron is leaving the East and we were a playoff team with a healthy Reggie. I think Gores wants to see some ROI and I don't think he's got the stomach to do a tank job tear down.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#58 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue May 1, 2018 5:12 pm

Blake is actually a good player. Why trade him away instead of try and build something. His game actually looks like it’s going to age well.
Crymson
Rookie

Post#59 » by Crymson » Tue May 1, 2018 9:53 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Blake is actually a good player. Why trade him away instead of try and build something. His game actually looks like it’s going to age well.

Where shall I begin?

• Horrible fit with Andre, as they overlap substantially; he makes our all-star center substantially less valuable
  • Probably a bad fit with Jackson as well, as both are ball-dominant and neither is good off the ball
  • A bad shooter on a team that desperately needs good shooting
  • Antiquated as a power forward who cannot shoot, lacks agility and quickness, and focuses largely on the inside game
  • A bad and often disinterested defender
  • Hugely injury-prone
  • Incredibly expensive; he's got one of the biggest and worst contracts in the league; he'll make $38 million at age 32 in the 2021-2022 season
  • Will rob the Pistons of any cap flexibility over the next two seasons, then hinder a potential thereafter
  • Unlikely to age well, given his accumulation of injuries and the degree to which they've already drastically reduced his athleticism
  • Tremendously difficult to build around, as a ball-dominant power forward who cannot shoot well; risky to build around, because he gets hurt so often

Sure, he's a good player. But he's not a good player for this team, and certainly not at his gigantic price. And he's highly unlikely to age well, given his accumulation of injuries
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#60 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue May 1, 2018 10:10 pm

I would like to see the Pistons play with a healthy Drummond, Reggie and Blake for an extended amount of time.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Detroit Pistons