ImageImageImage

Blake Griffin best trade scenario

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Re: Blake Griffin best trade scenario 

Post#101 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:35 pm

I’m guessing if they’re packaging #4 for a trade, they are serious about going win now with Conley and Gasol. Something centered around Blake and Kennard for Parsons, #4, and Mclemore works. I’m not super down on Blake like most, but to be able to jump into the top 4 and snag Porter or Bagley would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
stylesofpunk
Junior
And1: 140

Post#102 » by stylesofpunk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:37 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:I’m guessing if they’re packaging #4 for a trade, they are serious about going win now with Conley and Gasol. Something centered around Blake and Kennard for Parsons, #4, and Mclemore works. I’m not super down on Blake like most, but to be able to jump into the top 4 and snag Porter or Bagley would be amazing.

i would do that but with johnson instead of Kennard
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,772

Post#103 » by Snakebites » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:56 pm

stylesofpunk wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:I’m guessing if they’re packaging #4 for a trade, they are serious about going win now with Conley and Gasol. Something centered around Blake and Kennard for Parsons, #4, and Mclemore works. I’m not super down on Blake like most, but to be able to jump into the top 4 and snag Porter or Bagley would be amazing.

This is the same Blake Griffin that nobody else wanted to give up a good first rounder for. Why would we be able to be choosey about who to package him with to get the fourth overall?

This is all fantasy land. I realize that’s all we’ve got but now we’re declining absurd fantasies in favor of better ones. That’s just nuts.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM

Post#104 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:21 pm

Snakebites wrote:
stylesofpunk wrote:

This is the same Blake Griffin that nobody else wanted to give up a good first rounder for. Why would we be able to be choosey about who to package him with to get the fourth overall?

This is all fantasy land. I realize that’s all we’ve got but now we’re declining absurd fantasies in favor of better ones. That’s just nuts.

The NBA is built on absurd fantasies. A year ago did you think Kawhi would demand a trade? If the rumor is true (big if) then my proposal is not an absurd fantasy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#105 » by The_Irony » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:46 pm

Snakebites wrote:
stylesofpunk wrote:

you've been a NBA fan long enough to o know most trades are usually lopsided or dint make sense for one team. it's never as even as we think it should be
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#106 » by sfballa13 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:39 pm

I dont think we would need to throw in Stanley or Kennard, honestly

Memphis wants to win and NOW, they want an all star to put butts in their seats

This would be THE perfect move for us, finally getting us a top 5 pick, maybe Doncic falls
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Blake Griffin best trade scenario 

Post#107 » by Manocad » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
stylesofpunk wrote:

The NBA is built on absurd fantasies. A year ago did you think Kawhi would demand a trade? If the rumor is true (big if) then my proposal is not an absurd fantasy.

That’s a false equivalency. Kahwi demanding a trade is all about getting himself into a market where he can increase his brand value. It has nothing to do with the workings of the NBA itself.

ComboGuardCity
RealGM

Post#108 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:04 pm

Manocad wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:
Snakebites wrote:This is the same Blake Griffin that nobody else wanted to give up a good first rounder for. Why would we be able to be choosey about who to package him with to get the fourth overall?

That’s a false equivalency. Kahwi demanding a trade is all about getting himself into a market where he can increase his brand value. It has nothing to do with the workings of the NBA itself.

It’s not a false equivalency. What my point was is nobody knows what’s going to happen until it does. Did anyone have an inkling what Blake’s value was and Detroit was a suited? Did the Reggie Jackson trade not pop up overnight and the asking price much lower than everyone thought? Nobody knows what GM’s are going to do and nobody really knows the true value of the players because they are all valued differently by 30 organizations.

BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#109 » by BDM22 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:53 pm

sfballa13 wrote:I dont think we would need to throw in Stanley or Kennard, honestly

This would be THE perfect move for us, finally getting us a top 5 pick, maybe Doncic falls

It sounds like they'd probably be looking for win-now potential AND cap relief.

This is where it'd be nice to dangle an expiring Tobias Harris and our #12 pick to snag #4.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#110 » by Manocad » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:28 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Manocad wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:The NBA is built on absurd fantasies. A year ago did you think Kawhi would demand a trade? If the rumor is true (big if) then my proposal is not an absurd fantasy.

It’s not a false equivalency. What my point was is nobody knows what’s going to happen until it does. Did anyone have an inkling what Blake’s value was and Detroit was a suited? Did the Reggie Jackson trade not pop up overnight and the asking price much lower than everyone thought? Nobody knows what GM’s are going to do and nobody really knows the true value of the players because they are all valued differently by 30 organizations.

Sorry, but it's still false equivalency. Saying, "Hey, you never know--maybe there's a GM out there who's stupid enough to make this absurdly lopsided and idiotic trade" does not equate to a player deciding he's a big enough star that he wants out of the small market and into the big market because they both fall under the "No one predicted that" category. Obviously no one can tell the future but there's still the factor of reasonable logic at play. While it might be true that no one expected Kawhi to want to leave SA, it's not an illogical move; it's nothing more than his personal preference. Completely lopsided and idiotic trades are illogical and they generally don't happen.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,772

Post#111 » by Snakebites » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Manocad wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:
Manocad wrote:That’s a false equivalency. Kahwi demanding a trade is all about getting himself into a market where he can increase his brand value. It has nothing to do with the workings of the NBA itself.

Sorry, but it's still false equivalency. Saying, "Hey, you never know--maybe there's a GM out there who's stupid enough to make this absurdly lopsided and idiotic trade" does not equate to a player deciding he's a big enough star that he wants out of the small market and into the big market because they both fall under the "No one predicted that" category. Obviously no one can tell the future but there's still the factor of reasonable logic at play. While it might be true that no one expected Kawhi to want to leave SA, it's not an illogical move; it's nothing more than his personal preference. Completely lopsided and idiotic trades are illogical and they generally don't happen.

Yes. Unexpected things happening does not equate to "anything is possible". Those are two completely different statements and one does not follow from the other.

Just shrugging and saying "miracles can happen" doesn't get you anywhere in terms of an argument.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#112 » by thesack12 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:17 pm

sfballa13 wrote:I dont think we would need to throw in Stanley or Kennard, honestly

So does Tom Gores
Mo_Speights5
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#113 » by Mo_Speights5 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:49 am

stop playing NBA 2k
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#114 » by sfballa13 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:24 pm

thesack12 wrote:

So does Tom Gores

Even with Blake Griffin attendance didnt spike, before he left with Tobias our team didnt have the best record either

A top 5 pick that the fans can watch grow, unless he is a gigantic bust, would bring more fans to the arena than Griffin

Despite what others think we will be lucky to be in the talk for #5-8 next season as Boston, Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee all have better teams than us and Miami would also be right there since Waiters elevates them to much better play. Griffin/#4 doesnt move the needle either way. With Blake we would be at #5 maybe #6 with the #4 pick probably the last two seeds getting in right at the end of the season. Does a 5th vs an 8th seed team have better attendance?

Gores is an idiot so this conversation is mute but Memphis isnt getting any takers for that Parsons contract (surprisingly) and we need to make the move esp if Doncic is still on the board. Teaming up Doncic with Drummond would be disgusting
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#115 » by The Penguin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Memphis in: Blake

Nuggets in: Ish, Ellenson, Andrew Harrison

Pistons in: #4 / #14 / Parsons / Faried

Denver wants to move Faried to cut money, this saves about $7 mil (Harrison is a non-guaranteed) and gives them a useful backup PG.

Memphis gets a third star and dumps Parsons money.

#4 - hope Doncic falls / #14 - hope Miles Bridges falls

Parsons / Reggie / Leuer / Galloway all expire in summer 2020. Go full out tank commander with the youth in hopes of adding high picks in 2019 / 2020.

Summer of 2020:

Dre
Doncic
Bridges
Kennard
2019 1st
2020 1st

With cap space for 2 max FAs.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#116 » by thesack12 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm

sfballa13 wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

So does Tom Gores

Even with Blake Griffin attendance didnt spike, before he left with Tobias our team didnt have the best record either

A top 5 pick that the fans can watch grow, unless he is a gigantic bust, would bring more fans to the arena than Griffin

Despite what others think we will be lucky to be in the talk for #5-8 next season as Boston, Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee all have better teams than us and Miami would also be right there since Waiters elevates them to much better play. Griffin/#4 doesnt move the needle either way. With Blake we would be at #5 maybe #6 with the #4 pick probably the last two seeds getting in right at the end of the season. Does a 5th vs an 8th seed team have better attendance?

Gores is an idiot so this conversation is mute but Memphis isnt getting any takers for that Parsons contract (surprisingly) and we need to make the move esp if Doncic is still on the board. Teaming up Doncic with Drummond would be disgusting

Appealing to the casual fans is what you need to do in order to sale tickets. Putting up a well known name brand like "Blake Griffin" on the marquee would theoretically drive sales much more than a #4 draft pick. Especially when, that draft pick isn't going to be extremely hyped up (in the main stream) like some of the more well known draft prospects in recent years have been. A lot of those casual fans have never heard of a Jaren Jackson, Mo Bamba, Luka Doncic, Marvin Bagley, or Michael Porter.

Pistons fans are a little bit different breed because we are used to not having a team built on name brands and stars. Pistons fans will show up in droves when the team is winning, and they haven't been doing that for awhile. This is why LCA stays empty.

But, like you said its a moot discussion anyways because Gores vision and outlook is extremely flawed.
TC-Flint
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#117 » by TC-Flint » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Blake isn’t going anywhere with that contract, plus other teams are not knocking our door down for him. All of your trade fantasies are just that. Fantasies!
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#118 » by Crymson » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:33 pm

TC-Flint wrote:Blake isn’t going anywhere with that contract, plus other teams are not knocking our door down for him. All of your trade fantasies are just that. Fantasies!

Dude. You seem not to realize that this is a DISCUSSION FORUM. We discuss things here. If you don't like the content of the discussions, then butt out. It's as simple as that. Stop trying to moderate them.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#119 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:29 am

Blake ain't going anywhere this year because the Pistons just invested to obtain him and have only played less than half a season with him. Thus, this is the NBA2K thread of fantasy dream trades.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
TC-Flint
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#120 » by TC-Flint » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Crymson wrote:
TC-Flint wrote:Blake isn’t going anywhere with that contract, plus other teams are not knocking our door down for him. All of your trade fantasies are just that. Fantasies!

Dude. You seem not to realize that this is a DISCUSSION FORUM. We discuss things here. If you don't like the content of the discussions, then butt out. It's as simple as that. Stop trying to moderate them.

Dude. Discuss real things. Don’t taint the discussion with things that are fantasy or write a novel or tell us of your continued hate for Gores or the same old Pistons. That stuff gets so old. Some people here think they know it all and comment on every single topic. I will continue to comment on that kind of content!!!

Return to Detroit Pistons