ImageImageImage

Clippers Prepared To Build Kawhi Leonard Offer Around Tobias Harris, 12th Overall Pick

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Clippers Prepared To Build Kawhi Leonard Offer Around Tobias Harris, 12th Overall Pick 

Post#1 » by chrbal » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:32 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250217/Clippers-Prepared-To-Build-Kawhi-Leonard-Offer-Around-Tobias-Harris-12th-Overall-Pick
:lol:

Not sure if this deserves its own thread. And probably not likely, but Kawhi (even with his behavior this past season) would be my ideal add to this team.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Re: Clippers Prepared To Build Kawhi Leonard Offer Around Tobias Harris, 12th Overall Pick 

Post#2 » by Snakebites » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:36 pm

chrbal wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250217/Clippers-Prepared-To-Build-Kawhi-Leonard-Offer-Around-Tobias-Harris-12th-Overall-Pick
:lol:

Not sure if this deserves its own thread. And probably not likely, but Kawhi (even with his behavior this past season) would be my ideal add to this team.

This one definitely belongs in the "don't freak out about it until it happens" category. There's every reason to believe other teams will have more attractive offers than that.

We'd have never been in a position to acquire Leonard even if we still had that package available to us.

Don't get me wrong, the Blake Griffin trade was still an abomination and a huge coup for the Clippers and I'm embarrassed that my team did it, but this doesn't feel realistic to me.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Re: Clippers Prepared To Build Kawhi Leonard Offer Around Tobias Harris, 12th Overall Pick 

Post#3 » by coordinator0 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:37 pm

Yeah, Kawhi wants to go to LA.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#4 » by chrbal » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:39 pm

I don't think its likely at all, but I just thought it was crazy. This was more just a " come on!" for me.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#5 » by DCintheD » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:39 pm

Pop won't trade him within the West. Wonder if Pop would consider Drummond and Stanley for him.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
So_cal_piston
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#6 » by So_cal_piston » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:15 pm

DCintheD wrote:Pop won't trade him within the West. Wonder if Pop would consider Drummond and Stanley for him.

I know others may disagree, but I felt a trade centered around them wouldn't be that bad of a deal for the Spurs. Dre/Stanley/Henry for Kawhi/Pau Gasol. They trade him to the Eastern Conference and get rid of an old Gasol's contract for young players. Obviously there are better packages out there, but we do know that Pop also really likes Stanley. I don't think this would ever happen, but i don't think it's that far fetched since Kawhi isn't extended and could bolt soon after a trade to anyone not located in LA.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#7 » by thesack12 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:42 pm

The only reason why this has received any pub is because the Clips happen to play in LA, and that's reportedly Kawhi's favored destination.

The vast majority of NBA teams are "preparing" an offer for Kawhi. But you won't hear about specific details of any other crappy to marginal offers in the media.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,069

Post#8 » by MrBigShot » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:34 pm

That's not a good offer.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#9 » by Crymson » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Poor Tobias.

Anyway, LA will need to send over quite a bit more than that. Think BOTH of their 2018 1sts and Tobias, at the very least.

DCintheD wrote:Pop won't trade him within the West. Wonder if Pop would consider Drummond and Stanley for him.

Stanley has very little value, and Drummond meets zero of San Antonio's pressing requirements.

No offense, but this is another case of a trade idea that nets us an excellent return in exchange for assets we're fully able to lose.
mrroboto4889
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#10 » by mrroboto4889 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:56 pm

They can't trade their own first cuz they owe next year's to Boston.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#11 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:13 am

If we had those pieces, it wouldn’t happen anyways. LA is in play because he wants to go to LA.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#12 » by ElectricMayhem » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:51 am

1). Tobias + 12 is not enough to get Kawhi.
2). Even if Tobias + 12 was enough and we still had it, we would be trading Tobias + 12 for 1 year of Kawhi.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#13 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:27 am

Boston can offer better

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#14 » by Mr Peanut » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:29 am

If we still had Tobias and the 12th pick and offered it for Kawhi and somehow acquired him it would be a bad trade for us anyway because he most likely walks next summer.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#15 » by Canadafan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Boston or Lakers probably can offer the most. They don't want Lonzo. So you gotta think Deng+Kuzma+Ingram+draft pick+maybe even Hart. If I'm LA I give em everything cause Lebron and George are coming for sure after.
Lakers could outright sign Chris Paul and Paul George and trade for Kawhi and then Lebron can be a nice guy and sign for the minimum with Wade and a recently bought out Melo and a returning from retirement Bosh. Lmao. Banana boat crew +Kawhi +George. ;)
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#16 » by bstein14 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:37 am

Well, its come out today that he is telling teams he only wants to be in LA long term. So that means a team would only trade as much as they could for a 1 year rental unless its the Lakers or Clippers.

I'd still happily trade Dre + Stanley for him but I know even LA or LA could/would put up a better offer. Clippers might have a serious chance to get him for Harris + 12 + 13 and a filler.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#17 » by bstein14 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:39 am

Canadafan wrote:Boston or Lakers probably can offer the most. They don't want Lonzo. So you gotta think Deng+Kuzma+Ingram+draft pick+maybe even Hart. If I'm LA I give em everything cause Lebron and George are coming for sure after.
Lakers could outright sign Chris Paul and Paul George and trade for Kawhi and then Lebron can be a nice guy and sign for the minimum with Wade and a recently bought out Melo and a returning from retirement Bosh. Lmao. Banana boat crew +Kawhi +George. ;)

Lakers need to save some assets to get rid of Deng if they want to have the cap space to sign George and LeBron after trading for Leonard.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#18 » by flow » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Boston, Philly and Sacramento are in the best position to trade for Kawhi.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#19 » by coordinator0 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:09 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250251/Kawhi-Leonard-To-Tell-Rival-Teams-He-Plans-To-Sign-In-Los-Angeles

Kawhi Leonard has privately maintained that he no longer wants to play for the San Antonio Spurs and will eventually alert rival teams that his intentions are to sign in Los Angeles when he becomes a free agent in 2019.

Leonard would prefer to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers over the Los Angeles Clippers.

I don't think Kawhi is messing around here. He's going to Los Angeles. Hard to see a trade coming together unless the Lakers or Clippers put together a big package... but I doubt the Lakers will if he wants to go there anyways. The Clippers don't have enough to put together anything great either.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#20 » by Kilo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:34 pm

I could see Pop and Spurs looking to move on quickly if he goes hard public like this. I could see a draft night three way trade that nets Spurs Ingram, Deng, #25 and whatever they could get from Team 3 for Lonzo Ball for Leonard and fodder contracts.

Lakers give up Ingram, Ball, #25 and Deng for Leonard seems like a fair price.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:

Return to Detroit Pistons