ImageImageImage

Trade value of players on our roster..

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

blueadams
Junior
And1: 55

Trade value of players on our roster.. 

Post#1 » by blueadams » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:30 am

Griffin - Right now, none. If he’s healthy and has a solid season...and there’s a GM in an SVG-esque do-or-get-fired situation...then maybe there’s a chance he could be moved. But that’s really all I see as being possible. 30+ mil a season, man.

Drummond - Also, unfortunately, none right now. He’s essentially DeAndre Jordan. A max player at a position where you simply don’t need a max player. Only chance we have of moving him is an aforementioned desperate-SVG-esque one.

Reggie - Also none. If he’s healthy and has a good season...and there’s a contender who’s down a point guard...maybe.

Stanley - I think some. I’ve always envisioned him as a Draymond-ish 4 on a good team. Someone else may as well. He’ll never shoot the long ball well enough to be a wing. And we’ll likely never be able to move Dre or Blake. ***I say, investigate these options thoroughly. SJ or a package including him could bring a desperately needed 3&D wing in.

Kennard - some also, I think. I don’t think he’ll ever be good enough on D to start for a championship level team. But someone interested in a shooter might fool themselves. I’d shop him with Stanley to try and get a solid starting 3&D wing in.

1st rd pick(s). Easily the most valuable thing we have to dangle. Wouldn’t be opposed to losing a probable mid 1st rd pick in the right deal.

Beyond that, I don’t think we have anything that’d return better than a 2nd rd pick or equivalent in trade.

Thoughts?

Is there a good 3&D guy out there we could get for Stanley, Kennard and a 1st rd pick or two?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,779

Re: Trade value of players on our roster.. 

Post#2 » by Snakebites » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:22 am

Griffin is a net negative IMO. I'd love for him to have no value, that'd be a huge improvement.

Andre Drummond? I'm not sure. I think he makes way too much money. Probably none to very little is fair.

Reggie is also a negative and will be unless he can prove he can stay healthy. Not holding my breath. He's really an average point guard getting paid like a really good one even when he's healthy, so I'm not sure he'd ever have much value.

Stanley still has a little value because he's on a rookie deal. Not much at this point though. We'll be entering year 4 for him and his offensive game is still the same as it was on day one. That's gonna be a red flag.

I actually think Kennard is decently valuable- he's about our only valuable guy.

Do. Not. Trade. First. Rounders. They are an inexpensive source of talent and if we're going to have any shot at rebounding from this situation it's going to happen via the draft. I can't express the importance of this enough. This was true before the Griffin trade and it becomes even truer now. Any suggestion of dealing picks away shows a startling lack of perspective given all that has happened.

I don't 100% blame fans for not seeing how valuable first rounders are in our capped out situation because the Pistons have made such piss poor use of them recently, that's where the value is, really.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 733

Post#3 » by A_dub06 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:27 am

blueadams wrote:Griffin - Right now, none. If he’s healthy and has a solid season...and there’s a GM in an SVG-esque do-or-get-fired situation...then maybe there’s a chance he could be moved. But that’s really all I see as being possible. 30+ mil a season, man.

Drummond - Also, unfortunately, none right now. He’s essentially DeAndre Jordan. A max player at a position where you simply don’t need a max player. Only chance we have of moving him is an aforementioned desperate-SVG-esque one.

Reggie - Also none. If he’s healthy and has a good season...and there’s a contender who’s down a point guard...maybe.

Stanley - I think some. I’ve always envisioned him as a Draymond-ish 4 on a good team. Someone else may as well. He’ll never shoot the long ball well enough to be a wing. And we’ll likely never be able to move Dre or Blake. ***I say, investigate these options thoroughly. SJ or a package including him could bring a desperately needed 3&D wing in.

Kennard - some also, I think. I don’t think he’ll ever be good enough on D to start for a championship level team. But someone interested in a shooter might fool themselves. I’d shop him with Stanley to try and get a solid starting 3&D wing in.

1st rd pick(s). Easily the most valuable thing we have to dangle. Wouldn’t be opposed to losing a probable mid 1st rd pick in the right deal.

Beyond that, I don’t think we have anything that’d return better than a 2nd rd pick or equivalent in trade.

Thoughts?

Is there a good 3&D guy out there we could get for Stanley, Kennard and a 1st rd pick or two?

I think it’s important to state facts how they actually are, and for both Griffin and Jackson “severe negative” is more fitting than “none”. None tends to assume neutral value which couldn’t be further from the truth for both players. Only the dumb or ignorant would still claim either of these guys to hold value.

Drummond I think some value, it’s just not equal to the stat lines he posts and Stanley at this point he’s very little value. He’s considered a low-risk high reward move because he still has potential despite never putting it together and teams wouldn’t be willing to give up much for him.

This team really is trash though, thanks Gores & SVG!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#4 » by LaSheed » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Our best chance of trading someone will be Ish, Bullock or Stanley. Even if we trade them our resources are dried up and cant really place em lol
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#5 » by BDM22 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:15 pm

blueadams wrote:Is there a good 3&D guy out there we could get for Stanley, Kennard and a 1st rd pick or two?

If we trade that package for a "3&D" guy who isn't named Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard I will disown this team.

Have we not learned from the situation the Nets got themselves into when they traded all of their picks and young players? You absolutely NEED young players on cheap rookie deals to fill out the roster when you've got contracts like Blake and Andre
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#6 » by flow » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:11 pm

BDM22 wrote:
blueadams wrote:Is there a good 3&D guy out there we could get for Stanley, Kennard and a 1st rd pick or two?

You absolutely NEED young players on cheap rookie deals to fill out the roster when you've got contracts like Blake and Andre.

Snakebites wrote:Do. Not. Trade. First. Rounders. They are an inexpensive source of talent and if we're going to have any shot at rebounding from this situation it's going to happen via the draft. I can't express the importance of this enough.

This and this.

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#7 » by Laimbeer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:54 pm

BDM22 wrote:

If we trade that package for a "3&D" guy who isn't named Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard I will disown this team.

Have we not learned from the situation the Nets got themselves into when they traded all of their picks and young players? You absolutely NEED young players on cheap rookie deals to fill out the roster when you've got contracts like Blake and Andre

Yeah that package should get you an all-star perimeter player.

Lee, Batum, and Bazemore could be had for some of our worse contracts and maybe a little sweetener like Stanley.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,779

Post#8 » by Snakebites » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Sadly our team adds up to negative trade value. Check the trade board. You’ll see few of any trades posted there involving us that aren’t posted by Piston fans. We really don’t have appealing assets at all. We don’t even have quality filler contracts to use in trades.

All we can really do IMO is keep our draft picks and wait for our awful deals to burn out, praying a couple of draft picks land.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#9 » by hoophabit » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:35 pm

Wow, sorry, but I can't agree that everything is that dire.

Griffin, okay, the Pistons are hanging their hat on the idea that Griffin can adjust his game to this team and be a main cog. Yeah, we'll see.

Drummond? Nothing? Best rebounder in the game who put his FT% over 60% to the shocked incredulity of all of basketball? 15 pts 16 rebounds 3 asst? Nothing?

Kennard has value. He shot 41.5% from three his rookie year, and demonstrated a knack for putting the ball in the basket. It's too bad that we can't go back in time and draft Donovan Mitchell, and that his wingspan isn't remarkable. Luke has a head for the game and a gift for shooting. He can still be useful.

Bullock was a player last year, and I'm interested in seeing if he continues to progress.

Stanley Johnson is a guy I'm not too confident of, even though I'm hoping Casey will help him find a way. Guy is nearing the end of his rookie contract, but hasn't established a consistent presence on the court.

Return to Detroit Pistons