ImageImageImage

What significant player is most likely to come to the Pistons

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,943

Re: What significant player is most likely to come to the Pistons 

Post#21 » by Uncle Mxy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Canadafan wrote:Demarre Carroll. He played for Casey. Hes an expiring $15million contract. We dump Galloway along with some combo of Ellenson, SJ or Ish.

If Demarre Carroll is a significant acquisition, we're doing it wrong.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#22 » by Invictus88 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Nobody. And we should be happy if that's the case.

The idea of trading a first rounder to grab anyone just blows my mind. Have we not learned anything in the last 10 years about mortgaging the future to serve the present??

I'm not even very enthused about dealing the 2nd rounders like we just did. It just sceams of impulsive behavior.

There's a reason Boston is where it is. It's not because of the Horford signing or the Kyrie trade. It's because they were willing to forego immediate returns and stockpile draft picks instead. Using those picks to draft quality talent helps too...
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#23 » by Canadafan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:55 pm

Uncle Mxy wrote:
Canadafan wrote:Demarre Carroll. He played for Casey. Hes an expiring $15million contract. We dump Galloway along with some combo of Ellenson, SJ or Ish.

If Demarre Carroll is a significant acquisition, we're doing it wrong.

:lol: trueeee
King Bugs
Sixth Man
And1: 307

Post#24 » by King Bugs » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:30 pm

If it's not a player like CJ McCollum, I'd rather we hold on to our assets and wait for contracts to expire.
Pandev
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#25 » by Pandev » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:16 am

CJ McCollum for Blake? That would certainly work for both teams.

Gives us an elite wing and Blazers more interior strength.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#26 » by vic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:27 am

I know this is a stretch, but the Spurs want to trade Kawhi to the East, and they have loved SJ for a long time.

(That moment when you wish the panicmaster hadnt traded a 1st round pick, an expiring contract, and a solid young wing to Jerry West.... just to save his job)
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#27 » by A_dub06 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:27 am

Invictus88 wrote:Nobody. And we should be happy if that's the case.

The idea of trading a first rounder to grab anyone just blows my mind. Have we not learned anything in the last 10 years about mortgaging the future to serve the present??

I'm not even very enthused about dealing the 2nd rounders like we just did. It just sceams of impulsive behavior.

There's a reason Boston is where it is. It's not because of the Horford signing or the Kyrie trade. It's because they were willing to forego immediate returns and stockpile draft picks instead. Using those picks to draft quality talent helps too...

Here here!

We don’t have our second round picks for something like the next 4 years. What happens when we finally decide to rebuild or we get likely injuries to Blake & Reggie, or even worse Drummond in combination with these guys? What could’ve been a very high second to take fliers on guys that just slipped out of the 1st and have a decent chance at contributing, we just traded for Thomas. This team has been so fixated on the now and instead on the future it’s no wonder we have failed to make significant progress and have landed ourselves in the **** show we currently are in.

Give me a PBO, GM & coach that want to build something special via the draft over several years any day!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#28 » by Canadafan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:41 pm

Boston is where they're at cause they fleeced Brooklyn lol
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#29 » by A_dub06 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Canadafan wrote:Boston is where they're at cause they fleeced Brooklyn lol

True, but they have maintained a future outlook for quite some time which has allowed them to progressively make the right moves.

If SVG was in that position he probably would’ve declined the trade because he wanted to continue trying to win with an ageing and declining roster.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#30 » by ByeByeDre » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:10 pm

Kilo wrote:Lonzo Ball.

Ball will be included in Lakers-Spurs Kawhi Leonard deal, but Pop wants nothing to so with Ball, so will flip him.

We trade Johnson, Galloway, Ish, Boban TPE and 2019 FRP for Lonzo Ball and Luol Deng.

Gores loves him the publicity Lonzo Ball would bring to the Pistons.

That’s about as significant of a player as I would want - a young player still on a fixed deal that’s out of favor. I don’t think it would take much more than Ish to get him at this point - he pretty much sucked last year. There are other first and second year players that teams are already looking to dump (like Ellenson lol), so maybe something low risk like that.

Nobody wants Leuer and nobody wants Galloway - we need to stop with that.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,228

Post#31 » by thesack12 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:52 pm

ByeByeDre wrote:

Ball will be included in Lakers-Spurs Kawhi Leonard deal, but Pop wants nothing to so with Ball, so will flip him.

We trade Johnson, Galloway, Ish, Boban TPE and 2019 FRP for Lonzo Ball and Luol Deng.

That’s about as significant of a player as I would want - a young player still on a fixed deal that’s out of favor. I don’t think it would take much more than Ish to get him at this point - he pretty much sucked last year. There are other first and second year players that teams are already looking to dump (like Ellenson lol), so maybe something low risk like that.

Zero chance Lakers trade a guy 1 year removed from being #2 overall, for a 30 year old undersized backup PG who doesn't have range on his shot.
Finn McCool
Senior
And1: 270

Post#32 » by Finn McCool » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:24 pm

Here's a trade the Hornets will love:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycp5hbuf
:P
ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#33 » by ByeByeDre » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:01 am

thesack12 wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:

Zero chance Lakers trade a guy 1 year removed from being #2 overall, for a 30 year old undersized backup PG who doesn't have range on his shot.

If Lebron says, “Get that clown and his son out of L.A.” he’s a goner
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#34 » by ComboGuardCity » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:44 am

Spurs would just ask for Ingram
Gebhardt
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#35 » by Gebhardt » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:54 am

Mario Hezonja
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#36 » by Kilo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:28 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:

They'd already be getting him in my trade. It would be Ingram, Ball, Deng and LAL FRP for Kawhi Leonard + fodder.

Factor in Detroit and their final haul would be Ingram, Johnson, Galloway, Ish, TPE, Det FRP, LAL FRP
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#37 » by ComboGuardCity » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:07 pm

Kilo wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:

They'd already be getting him in my trade. It would be Ingram, Ball, Deng and LAL FRP for Kawhi Leonard + fodder.

Factor in Detroit and their final haul would be Ingram, Johnson, Galloway, Ish, TPE, Det FRP, LAL FRP

I doubt they get that much in return from LA...especially if Kwahi makes his 2019 intentions clear. Wait and a see I guess.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 469

Post#38 » by Crymson » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:54 pm

Canadafan wrote:Boston is where they're at cause they fleeced Brooklyn lol

They willingly underwent a rebuild because they knew it was time. Their core was aging and unlikely to compete for another championship. After the trade, they took a risk on a young coach and spent three seasons stockpiling picks. That included a willingness to take on bad contracts in the process.

The Nets being so bad helped, but Boston rebuilt right.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 469

Post#39 » by Crymson » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:55 pm

ByeByeDre wrote:
That’s about as significant of a player as I would want - a young player still on a fixed deal that’s out of favor. I don’t think it would take much more than Ish to get him at this point - he pretty much sucked last year.

Are you being serious?
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#40 » by DCintheD » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:50 pm

Kawhi please

Blake and Stanley for Kawhi and Mills.

Pop could consider Blake and he wanted Stanley before so its worth a shot.

as far fetched as this idea seems, my guess is that the likelihood of Pop considering this trade is higher than Gores even offering it due do his Blake-fetish.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS

Return to Detroit Pistons