Would you rather have Beal or Wall?

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,763

Would you rather have Beal or Wall? 

Post#1 » by theBigLip » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:44 pm

It looks like the Wizards are not going to reach their potential (again). Maybe they look to blow up their backcourt. I think we could use either one of these guys. If we throw in a FRP along with a few players, we might even be able to pull off a deal. Which one would you rather have?
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Re: Would you rather have Beal or Wall? 

Post#2 » by Kilo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:08 pm

Wall's contract is ATROCIOUS. And it has a trade kicker to boot that would see him get paid $54M in the final year of his deal.

Beal, and it's not even close. But we'd have to give value to get it with Beal.

I think Wizards see if Dwight Howard is a panacea before going into tear down. Brooks is probably fired first as well.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 469

Post#3 » by Crymson » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:11 pm

Beal, without a doubt. Ten times out of ten and with no doubt whatsoever. Beal is an all-star shooter who can pass. Wall cannot shoot and scores at low percentage, is often injured and has a horrifying contract. Who wants to pay him $47m when he's 33? Anyone? Hello? Not me.

But I doubt we can trade for Beal.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#4 » by theBigLip » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:26 pm

Kennard, 2020 FRP (unprotected), Leuer? I know it isn't a great package, but the unprotected first has to be enticing. It owuld be nice if Kennard was healthy to really see what we have with him.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#5 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:34 pm

theBigLip wrote:Kennard, 2020 FRP (unprotected), Leuer? I know it isn't a great package, but the unprotected first has to be enticing. It owuld be nice if Kennard was healthy to really see what we have with him.

Beal makes like $24 mil per. May need more salary to make it happen. And, I bet they want expirings mostly.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#6 » by Neptune » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:55 pm

I'll take either one!
Kilo
RealGM

Post#7 » by Kilo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Howard ain't the answer there. Maybe they would like Dre and his rebounding proficiency for Beal, and then bring in a 3&D type to put beside Wall in the back court.

Dre, Kennard, Johnson for Beal and Oubre

We'd have to trade Jackson for a center as we can't roll with Zaza. Jackson for Chandler?

Ish
Beal
Oubre
Griffin
Chandler

Wall
Kennard
Porter
Morris
Drummond
Weaver = Hinkie
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#8 » by DetroitPistons » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:24 pm

theBigLip wrote:Kennard, 2020 FRP (unprotected), Leuer? I know it isn't a great package, but the unprotected first has to be enticing. It owuld be nice if Kennard was healthy to really see what we have with him.

Beal has far more trade value than Wall and would definitely require a better package. Something like Kennard, Bullock, 2 first rounders, filler contracts or something like that.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 469

Post#9 » by Crymson » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:32 pm

Does not even come close to matching salaries. Comes much further than that from matching Beal's values. Kennard will not be a star. Probably not even a starter, because of his defense. Leuer is a bad contract. Unprotected 1st is worth little if the team getting it will likely be in the mid-1st or worse.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#10 » by rmfc » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Neptune wrote:I'll take either one!

Beal is the first preference for obvious reasons. But yeah, I'd agree with you. Wall would be great on this team if we can get rid of RJ and all the non shooters and surround Andre and Wall with pure shooters.
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#11 » by DETermination » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:27 pm

Beal for sure, I feel like he would fit better with Blake then Wall would.
Detroit vs Everybody
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#12 » by theBigLip » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:27 pm

Crymson wrote:
theBigLip wrote:Kennard, 2020 FRP (unprotected), Leuer? I know it isn't a great package, but the unprotected first has to be enticing. It would be nice if Kennard was healthy to really see what we have with him.

Does not even come close to matching salaries. Comes much further than that from matching Beal's values. Kennard will not be a star. Probably not even a starter, because of his defense. Leuer is a bad contract. Unprotected 1st is worth little if the team getting it will likely be in the mid-1st or worse.

Adding a salary for filler isn't too big of a deal. Beal does have a reasonable deal - just 2 more years around $25M per. I don't think he is worth 2 FRPs or Drummond, but I agree worth more than the package I presented. Not sure what else they would be interested in.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,079

Post#13 » by MrBigShot » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 pm

Beal. Wall's contract sucks and he's so ball dominant.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#14 » by theBigLip » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:36 pm

Wow, Wall's contract is even crazier than Blakes :-)

If they wanted to do a salary dump, Wall is obviously the way for them to go. RJ, Leuer and Galloway almost matches :-)
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#15 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Nov 1, 2018 3:03 am

For sure Beal. Hes a much better fit.
King Bugs
Sixth Man
And1: 307

Post#16 » by King Bugs » Thu Nov 1, 2018 3:31 am

We haven't cared about being responsible with the cap or any of our resources at this point. Why now? Take either one.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#17 » by Spider156 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 3:41 am

Gotta go for Wall he's the real superstar kidding me? I'd give them RJ Leuer and Galloway +FRP unprotected for John Wall
Defense wins championships
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#18 » by The Penguin » Thu Nov 1, 2018 12:13 pm

Beal, no doubt. Would love to see him in the back court with Blake playing "point forward". I don't think we have enough to get into the conversation.

Wall is an interesting one. He's certainly talented, but I believe there's concern about his knee being degenerative and that contract is scary, also not sure his ball dominance and shooting is a fit with Blake / Dre. That being said, if it's a severe discount (aka in our price range) he's talented enough to consider taking the gamble.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#19 » by The Moose » Thu Nov 1, 2018 1:19 pm

wouldn't touch Wall, Beal all the way
Kilo
RealGM

Post#20 » by Kilo » Sat Nov 3, 2018 2:32 am

Ain't my money. Give me John Wall here.

Reggie Jackson
Jon Leuer
Langston Galloway

for

John Wall
Markieff Morris (expiring)
Jason Smith (expiring)
Future FRP

Including Leuer/Galloway for expiring Kieff and Jason Smith means our cap hit for this year AND next year are relatively the same out of this trade. Reggie + Leuer + Galloway is $34M next season. So after next season we'd have 3 yrs of Wall's remaining deal, which is why Washington has to trade us a future first rounder - has to be sent within the next three drafts, Wizards choice when they send it. We get this FRP to help off-set the whopping 130M extra salary we are taking on in this trade. If we could land a rotation player or even a starter it would greatly help out salary situation to have a rookie five year contract playing a key role.

Rest of this season
Wall|Smith|Calderon|Brown
Bullock|Kennard|Thomas
Johnson|Robinson
Griffin|Morris|Ellenson
Drummond|Pachulia|Smith

Next season

Wall|Brown
Kennard|Thomas
Johnson|Robinson
Griffin|
Drummond

8 players at about 115M. Luxury tax for 2019-20 ($109M, $132M) and 2020-21 ($118M, $143M) we'd have our FRP (PF/Ce) and fill out the rest of the roster with 5 vet minimum types for $2M each and we're in under the tax. Gores pays the tax for two years along with our two FRP's and Washington's owed and we'd be able to build some depth.
Weaver = Hinkie

Return to Detroit Pistons