ImageImageImage

Fixing our bench

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Fixing our bench 

Post#1 » by DET_Athletics » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:41 pm

We have too many young SG, trade kennard, ish, Leuer for LA. Clippers Beverly, Bradley and Mbah a Moute. And then go out and get Markieff Morris on the sinking wizards.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Re: Fixing our bench 

Post#2 » by Kilo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:40 pm

When Kennard comes back it should be Kennard/Galloway getting all of the 2-guard minutes with Bullock v Robinson vs Johnson for SF minutes. Given Johnson is also getting back-up PF minutes, he can get 15mpg at the 3-spot, with one of GRIII or Bullock getting the starter minutes with the other benched.

I don't trade Kennard for that considering Beverly is expiring, Bradley is getting paid 12M or a 2M buyout and Johnson is close enough to being LMAM, already on the roster.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#3 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:48 am

We need to fix our starting wings too though. I wouldn't mind packaging Kennard, Brown, and Leuer for Tim Hardaway. He is averaging 23ppg and would provide a huge offensive relief for Griffin. He would already have chemistry with GR3 and obviously his dad is an assistant coach there are ties. The Knicks get cheap talent that they will need to put around the stars they get in the offseason and they get out of Hardaways contract and can tank more.

After that I would address our biggest bench need by trading Bullock/Ellenson for Tolliver. We all know how big an impact Tolliver can have on both ends of the floor so he would be perfect since backup PF is our weakest position. Now that Saric is in MIN Tolliver is out of the rotation so he should be had easily.

Jackson/Smith/Calderon
Hardaway/Galloway/Thomas
Robinson/Johnson
Griffin/Tolliver
Drummond/Pachulia

That is a much more balanced roster imo and I think both of those moves are pretty realistic. They address our biggest areas of need which are scoring/shooting on the wings and a backup PF.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#4 » by The_Irony » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:10 am

not sure why NYK would do that ..ever.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,672

Post#5 » by Invictus88 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Hardaway is a below-average volume shooter on a big contract (18 mill/yr). He's a terrible defender.

When his offer sheet was extended by the knicks it was universally panned. Everywhere. His performance has dipped since.

He'd relieve pressure on Blake by taking his shot opportunities and make less of them.

Do. Not. Want.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,373

Post#6 » by Billl » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:06 am

Worrying about the bench is kinda pointless when we have 3 below average starters. All our role players would look much better if they weren't counting on other role players to make plays for them.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#7 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:44 am

Billl wrote:Worrying about the bench is kinda pointless when we have 3 below average starters. All our role players would look much better if they weren't counting on other role players to make plays for them.

You clearly haven't grasped the concept of an additional 2.5 PPG now being worth a 1st round pick and two young but currently underperforming players.

Return to Detroit Pistons