ImageImageImage

bradley beal

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

davidvolumes
Junior
And1: 154

bradley beal 

Post#1 » by davidvolumes » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:34 pm

What offer could bring us beal. I would give up 2 #1 picks. Or Stanley and Kennard and expiring contracts
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Re: bradley beal 

Post#2 » by Kilo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:47 pm

I don't think there is any way we could win a bidding war for Beal.

Edit - well, maybe if we were ready to move Drummond in a deal for him. Drummond, Kennard would have to be a pretty compelling starting offer.

I don't like a Reggie/Beal back court to be honest though, and we'd have no center depth and ain't starting Zaza so I think Howard would have to come back.

Drummond, Kennard and Ellenson for Beal and Howard works for cap purposes.

I'd like that trade much more for Washington -

Wall/Rivers
Kennard/Satoransky
Oubre/Brown
Porter/Morris
Drummond/Mahinmi

We're a uninspiring-

Jackson/Ish
Beal/Bullock/Galloway
Robinson/Johnson
Griffin/Leuer
Howard/Zaza
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 469

Post#3 » by Crymson » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:06 am

He can't be had by the Pistons.

Drummond, Kennard and Ellenson for Beal and Howard works for cap purposes.

The Wizards want cap space, not to stay in cap hell. Drummond does not make them better.
davidvolumes
Junior
And1: 154

Post#4 » by davidvolumes » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 am

Would not do dre for Beal. Would not play Reggie and Beal together. Reggie would come off the bench or he could seek a trade. Beal with dre and griff makes Detroit at least top 4 in the east. If wizards are sellers maybe two firsts and 2 expiring might be enough
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#5 » by vege » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:34 am

Beal is unrealistic for us, Wall is realistic but not sure if it's a good idea to go after Wall and his contract.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#6 » by MotownMadness » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 am

Teams will pony up for Beal cause he’s locked up hitting his prime. No chance we win that type of bidding.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,049

Post#7 » by bstein14 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:03 am

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Wizards want to move Wall with Beal. Wall has a massive contract that has negative trade value.

Something like:

Wall + Beal + Howard for Jackson + Johnson + Dre would make a lot of sense for both teams.

Washington gets a lot younger in the trade, and gets a lot more cap flexability moving forward as well.

Detroit might not be able to make that trade without being pushed into the luxury tax with Blake and Wall contracts so I'm not sure the owner would sign off on it even if Washington was on board.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#8 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:09 am

vege wrote:Beal is unrealistic for us, Wall is realistic but not sure if it's a good idea to go after Wall and his contract.

If push came to shove I would take Wall's contract due to us already being locked into Blake's and Wall is possibly the best star we can get. We probably wouldn't have to sell the farm either since many view his contract as negative value. Jackson/Bullock/1st rounder for Wall. That is a good deal for WAS imo.

Wall/Smith
Kennard/Galloway
Robinson/Johnson
Griffin/Johnson
Drummond/Pachulia

If Kennard can break out for us and be a Korver/Redick type we could be pretty darn good.
haulerch
Senior
And1: 269

Post#9 » by haulerch » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:26 am

Wall’s extension hasn’t even kicked in yet. Plus he has a 15% trade kicker. That’s probably the worst contract in basketball. No thanks. I’d rather just wait until Leur, Jackson and Galloway expire.

Beal is another story though. I’d give up a first or two for him.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#10 » by vege » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:27 am

DetroitPistons wrote:
vege wrote:Beal is unrealistic for us, Wall is realistic but not sure if it's a good idea to go after Wall and his contract.

If push came to shove I would take Wall's contract due to us already being locked into Blake's and Wall is possibly the best star we can get. We probably wouldn't have to sell the farm either since many view his contract as negative value. Jackson/Bullock/1st rounder for Wall. That is a good deal for WAS imo.

Wall/Smith
Kennard/Galloway
Robinson/Johnson
Griffin/Johnson
Drummond/Pachulia

If Kennard can break out for us and be a Korver/Redick type we could be pretty darn good.

You're crazy if you think you need to give up value in a Wall for Reggie swap, it's more like the other way around. Wall has been a distraction for Washington and his contract is insane, he is negative 100% for sure.

The idea I posted earlier today was Reggie Jackson and Ish Smith for John Wall and Tomas Satoransky. Wall would need to give up the trade kicker for this to happen but I am pretty sure he want out of Washington at this point so he would.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,049

Post#11 » by bstein14 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:26 am

I think its very likely the wizards would take Reggie + Leuer for Wall and might even include a different asset to get us to take him. Like a 2019 second round pick . I think it's pretty unlikely we could add salary like that to our lineup.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#12 » by Neptune » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:31 am

Get Wall!
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 733

Post#13 » by A_dub06 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:06 am

There’s no way we can swing a deal for Beal without making a Houston styled Butler offer minus the pick protections and I’m so sick of seeing trades where we destroy our future all for the opportunity to lose in the first or second round. We don’t have a team where we can retool nor are we one or two pieces away. Really good teams have talent that fits with each, whereas we have prices from multiple puzzles that will never get the job done. Griffins been a surprise but how long can we be confident that he will continue playing like this or stay injury free? Jackson has shown he can never be trusted and seems to still think he’s an alpha dog. Our team sucks, and ringing Beal won’t make us contenders. We may have a chance at getting wall but even then as others have said Wall may possibly have the worst contact in the league.

It’s time that people realise the time isn’t now and it’s the future. There’s has been too much mismanagement to correct our mistakes and the only way forward is guiding via the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Mr. Krabs
Sixth Man
And1: 249

Post#14 » by Mr. Krabs » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:49 am

bstein14 wrote:I think its very likely the wizards would take Reggie + Leuer for Wall and might even include a different asset to get us to take him. Like a 2019 second round pick . I think it's pretty unlikely we could add salary like that to our lineup.

Yes just get Wall, we are not getting out of the cap hell anytime soon anyway...
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#15 » by pistonsbball » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:01 am

I'd pay 2 x first rd + anything other than Blake and Dre for Beal. Beal will flourish in a new environment, he's got it. Wash will prob get some good young pieces though, which we can't really offer.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#16 » by Canadafan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:26 pm

^^Beal definitely is worth it. Not like we're chasing just a playoff spot by adding him. He would be a crucial piece moving forward and arguably our best player. Wall would be a bad move I agree.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 469

Post#17 » by Crymson » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Ha, what do people think Beal will do here? Make the Pistons a guaranteed second-round team? Is that enough on which to sacrifice even more of the team future?

Come on. This team has seen more than enough treading water already. Getting rid of more 1sts for a move that won't bring us anywhere important is not worth it and will only prolong the misery.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,380

Post#18 » by Billl » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:39 pm

We don't have the ammo to get beal and we really don't have the cap space to absorb wall. Beal is a legit all-star on a reasonable deal and would fit great next to blake. Unfortunately, he would fit great on most teams so there is going to be a lot of interest.
haulerch
Senior
And1: 269

Post#19 » by haulerch » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Crymson wrote:Ha, what do people think Beal will do here? Make the Pistons a guaranteed second-round team? Is that enough on which to sacrifice even more of the team future?

Come on. This team has seen more than enough treading water already. Getting rid of more 1sts for a move that won't bring us anywhere important is not worth it and will only prolong the misery.

Beal would be a big piece of this team’s future. Without Beal, we’re still a 6th, 7th, 8th seed team. I’d rather have Beal on the roster than two middle of the first round draft picks. Especially with this franchise’s draft history over the past decade regardless of who was/is calling the shots.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#20 » by coordinator0 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:19 pm

I like Beal. It's doubtful the Pistons could get him though. Drummond would have to be an outgoing piece (probably to a third team) and it doesn't seem like the team wants to do that.

Wall? No. If the deal was Jackson and Leuer outgoing the team would be paying Wall, Griffin, and Drummond $100 million next season. That's not a core you use most of your salary cap on.

Return to Detroit Pistons