Unofficial Fanboy Trade Ideas Thread

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Unofficial Fanboy Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1 » by Kilo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Reggie Jackson has to go.

Pistons should trade for George Hill from the Cavs. He's not as bad as he's shown over the last year + he mistook his free agency market and ended up signing a "trade asset" contract with the tanking Kings last off-season, was flipped to the Cavs and into the Lebron circus at the trade deadline, and now finds himself with the total sad sack Cavs and in a mentoring role for FRP PG Sexton. His time in Indiana and with the Jazz he was a very solid point guard - a plus defender at the position and a good shooter. With Griffin being the ball handler/facilitator Hill would be a solid fit here, and could find his game again in a stable situation with a team trying to win.

He's owed $20M next season, but has a cheap buy out.

Reggie Jackson, Henry Ellenson and a top 14 protected 2019 FRP for George Hill.

Hill would hold huge value in the off-season as a trade commodity given his $1M guarantee next season - or we could let him walk ourselves and lop of $20M from our cap number. OR we could keep him through next season if he plays well here, having him as a huge expiring, or to see him walk with Leuer and Galloway - to have 37M coming off the books in one off-season. That is why we have to include a top 14 protected FRP.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
SVG
Sophomore
And1: 101

Re: Unofficial Fanboy Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#2 » by SVG » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Kilo wrote:Reggie Jackson has to go.

Pistons should trade for George Hill from the Cavs. He's not as bad as he's shown over the last year + he mistook his free agency market and ended up signing a "trade asset" contract with the tanking Kings last off-season, was flipped to the Cavs and into the Lebron circus at the trade deadline, and now finds himself with the total sad sack Cavs and in a mentoring role for FRP PG Sexton. His time in Indiana and with the Jazz he was a very solid point guard - a plus defender at the position and a good shooter. With Griffin being the ball handler/facilitator Hill would be a solid fit here, and could find his game again in a stable situation with a team trying to win.

Hill would hold huge value in the off-season as a trade commodity given his $1M guarantee next season - or we could let him walk ourselves and lop of $20M from our cap number. OR we could keep him through next season if he plays well here, having him as a huge expiring, or to see him walk with Leuer and Galloway - to have 37M coming off the books in one off-season. That is why we have to include a top 14 protected FRP.

You had me there do it up!

In all seriousness, I love the trade but I am really reluctant to give up a FRP considering we gave up ours last year. I am not saying we've been good drafters, because lord knows thats not been the case, but we got new management and I would like to give them a chance to see what they can do with the pick.
I'm Scrappt like super CONTRA!

Statistical data is difficult to argue with...unless you have an agenda.
Bknight4three
Junior
And1: 219

Post#3 » by Bknight4three » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:12 pm

Double post
Bknight4three
Junior
And1: 219

Post#4 » by Bknight4three » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:15 pm

Hill was actually the first guy that came to mind. If we are including a first we need JR and Leuer in the deal.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#5 » by Kilo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:18 pm

SVG wrote:
Kilo wrote:Reggie Jackson has to go.

You had me there do it up!

In all seriousness, I love the trade but I am really reluctant to give up a FRP considering we gave up ours last year. I am not saying we've been good drafters, because lord knows thats not been the case, but we got new management and I would like to give them a chance to see what they can do with the pick.

Giving up a FRP is tough, but this team is going nowhere with Reggie Jackson. If there was a way to dump him without giving up a FRP I'd do that as well. If Hill didn't have that $1M buy out, than I think we could do this trade without it. I think it would be possible to recoup that FRP with Hill though, possibly. It would depend on when his TO had to be guaranteed. But we'd be sitting on a 19M expiring we could sell to teams needing immediate cap space.

From what I've read the draft this year is shallow. Though like every year there will be a player taken in the latter half that becomes an all-star. We just never seem to be that team to make that pick.

Another option would be to send Jackson to the bench and upgrade our PG by trading Ish's expiring, packaged with Leuer or Galloway to get a 13M-16M PG in return on a longer deal from a team looking to shed cap space. We'd be offering $6M in cap space as their reason to flip us a better PG sorta deal.

Not sure Reggie would accept that "demotion" though.
Weaver = Hinkie
Kilo
RealGM

Post#6 » by Kilo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:19 pm

Bknight4three wrote:Hill was actually the first guy that came to mind. If we are including a first we need JR and Leuer in the deal.

We could try, but JR has the $3M buyout as well, so we'd be sending them 27M in next years salary for $4M. I don't think a mid-round FRP is valued at $23M.
Weaver = Hinkie
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,665

Post#7 » by Invictus88 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Props to you for making this thread Kilo.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#8 » by vege » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:19 pm

That's awful, even if we draft poorly, you don't give up 1st round picks for players like George Hill.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#9 » by Kilo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:28 pm

vege wrote:That's awful, even if we draft poorly, you don't give up 1st round picks for players like George Hill.

17M off the books potentially. Means we could use the full MLE next off-season. I bet that player would be better than our #16 draft pick for the length of the Griffin deal.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Cleveland wouldn't do it - they probably look to flip Hill for a good now player on a long term contract on a team looking to get cap space.
Weaver = Hinkie
Kilo
RealGM

Post#10 » by Kilo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:51 pm

Wolves have Teague, Rose, Bayless and Jones at point guard - maybe Tyus Jones could be had straight up for Reggie Bullock.

Both making 2.5M and pending RFA's. I think Bullock would be a Thibs type player. Wiggins is more of a SF, Covington is a 3/4. Their other current wings are Okogie, Nunnaly and Deng.

Could expand this out to swap Ish for Tolly as well. Tolly is likely benched with the Saric/Covington acquisitions as both can get minutes at PF along with Taj Gibson.

Stand alone straight up swap - Bullock for Jones? Or an expanded Ish Smith and Reggie Bullock for Tyus Jones and Anthony Tolliver - Hows about it?
Weaver = Hinkie
vege
RealGM

Post#11 » by vege » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Kilo wrote:
vege wrote:That's awful, even if we draft poorly, you don't give up 1st round picks for players like George Hill.

17M off the books potentially. Means we could use the full MLE next off-season. I bet that player would be better than our #16 draft pick for the length of the Griffin deal.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Cleveland wouldn't do it - they probably look to flip Hill for a good now player on a long term contract on a team looking to get cap space.

Have you checked the players signed with the MLE?

Without think too much the 3 names I recall are Jodie Meeks, Langston Galloway and GRIII, neither of them should be paid more than the minimum.

And if we're using a pick to dump 17 million off our books, the guy we're trading should not be Reggie, who yes, have been awful but at least he's a NBA caliber player, unlike Leuer and Galloway.

Even if we have a full healthy season, which is very unlikely we have a good chance of being a lotto team, there is absolutely no way in hell I trade that pick for a player like George Hill.
vege
RealGM

Post#12 » by vege » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Kilo wrote:
Stand alone straight up swap - Bullock for Jones? Or an expanded Ish Smith and Reggie Bullock for Tyus Jones and Anthony Tolliver - Hows about it?

That's better than the first idea but we're too thin at the wings, I don't think we can afford to trade Reggie Bullock, who despite having an awful season so far, is still our best wing player, which should tell how bad our wingers are :(
Kilo
RealGM

Post#13 » by Kilo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:00 pm

vege wrote:
Kilo wrote:

Have you checked the players signed with the MLE?

Without think too much the 3 names I recall are Jodie Meeks, Langston Galloway and GRIII, neither of them should be paid more than the minimum.

And if we're using a pick to dump 17 million off our books, the guy we're trading should not be Reggie, who yes, have been awful but at least he's a NBA caliber player, unlike Leuer and Galloway.

Even if we have a full healthy season, which is very unlikely we have a good chance of being a lotto team, there is absolutely no way in hell I trade that pick for a player like George Hill.

SVG's signing can't be held against the new regime. And GRIII was signed for $4M, not the full MLE because we couldn't spend the full MLE because of the tax. We paid GRIII more to get him on a 1 Yr + TO type deal. He was probably a 2 yr 3M per guaranteed guy elsewhere. Definitely better than vets minimum on the market even if he hasn't shown he deserved more than that yet here. I remember reading Houston was hot for him at the time we signed him.
Weaver = Hinkie
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Post#14 » by ComboGuardCity » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:44 pm

Kilo wrote:Wolves have Teague, Rose, Bayless and Jones at point guard - maybe Tyus Jones could be had straight up for Reggie Bullock.

Both making 2.5M and pending RFA's. I think Bullock would be a Thibs type player. Wiggins is more of a SF, Covington is a 3/4. Their other current wings are Okogie, Nunnaly and Deng.

Could expand this out to swap Ish for Tolly as well. Tolly is likely benched with the Saric/Covington acquisitions as both can get minutes at PF along with Taj Gibson.

Tyus is a Minnesota folk hero. I doubt they trade him.

My top targets: Fultz or Wall/Oubre
Kilo
RealGM

Post#15 » by Kilo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:54 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Kilo wrote:Wolves have Teague, Rose, Bayless and Jones at point guard - maybe Tyus Jones could be had straight up for Reggie Bullock.

Tyus is a Minnesota folk hero. I doubt they trade him.

My top targets: Fultz or Wall/Oubre

I don't see us trading for Fultz as we're "win now" as well. Personally I'd do it. I'd also trade for Wall, but expect he'll actually be traded for some value return rather than as a pure contract dump - which is basically all we'd be able to offer.
Weaver = Hinkie
Kilo
RealGM

Post#16 » by Kilo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:05 am

If we don't make trades, we basically return the same go nowhere team next year - less maybe Ish and bring in a MLE PG in his place. New regime probably salivating at 2020 off-season when Reggie, Leuer, Galloway and Robinson come off the books - 37M in total. It sucks for Blake to waste his prime here with the new regime planning two years down the road.

Jordan is a pretty crud owner who wants to keep Kemba - maybe he'd make a move to trade for Griffin. If the rumors are true about being after Beal, maybe reach out and see what he'd offer for Blake.

Blake Griffin
Langston Galloway

To Charlotte for
Marvin Williams
Malik Monk (or Dwayne Bacon & FRP instead)
Miles Bridges
Bismack Biyombo

Biyombo and Williams expire after next season, along with Jackson and Leuer for 59m in expirings.

Jackson|Ish
Kennard|Monk
Bridges|Robinson
Williams|Johnson
Drummond|Biyombo
Weaver = Hinkie
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,442

Post#17 » by Canadafan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:12 am

Ish SJ RB Jose Zaza Ellenson=$19.3 million expirings
THJr =$18.5?
Courtney Lee=$12.2? (Take away Ish)
Gives NY cap room to get max player
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,442

Post#18 » by Canadafan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:13 am

Anybody come up with a decent Beal trade idea?I'm all ears lol
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,609

Post#19 » by Snakebites » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:45 am

I'm not sold on us being able to use George Hill as a trade chip. Certainly not enough to add a first round pick to the price tag here.

In general I think it's a bad idea to deal first round picks for salary relief, even if that trade relief could potentially be trade bait. I realize that means we're stuck with Reggie- that's probably what it would take to get a deal like this done, but I don't want it personally.
vege
RealGM

Post#20 » by vege » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:49 am

Canadafan wrote:Ish SJ RB Jose Zaza Ellenson=$19.3 million expirings
THJr =$18.5?
Courtney Lee=$12.2? (Take away Ish)
Gives NY cap room to get max player

You need to replace the outgoing players with min salary players and that would put us deep into the tax, also it's not doable to do a 6 for 1 trade, NYK would have to waive a lot of players and they would still have to pay for those players.

No one posted a trade for Beal because we don't have assets to get him. Better we could offer are bad contracts and meh prospects/picks.

Next season with all expirings we have assets to do moves, this season, better we can do is take on a long term bad contract, bad attitude/disgruntled all star (John Wall)

Return to Detroit Pistons