Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Re: Official 2019 Draft Thread 

Post#1081 » by Kilo » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:20 am

coordinator0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Whew. At least only one out of those four would have been bad.

All "now" prospects who would have played rotation minutes. Keeping up the "We're trying to win in Blake's window" long con.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#1082 » by SamFlow » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:27 am

So gut team to gain cap so you can sign who? Jon Leuer? lol. You trade for players, then groupvthise into something better. You control it all. Constant flow of draft picks.... plus as good of players as you can sign as free agents for less money.

Wait for the moment to make your move with a co trolled cap space.
BigDaddyJungle
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,780

Post#1083 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:12 pm

Kilo wrote:Sounds like Sirvydis' Euro coach wants him to come to the NBA now - wants a buyout from his contract and move on (probably doesn't want to develop the kid for the NBA's benefit).

Draft and stash plan might not work out afterall.

(Actually I believe we could draft and stash him in the G-League as a second round pick if he signs a G-League contract, but a non-two way variety would probably be a big pay cut from his Euro contract. )

He is nowhere near ready for the NBA, he is nowhere close ready to even Euroleague competition. I like G league stashing, its a poor league where player like Sirvydis could have a bigger role and play a lot, and at the same time be close with Pistons staff. Pretty much same thing Rockets are doing with Hartenstein. From what I have seen, Sirvydis really needs to work on his right hand, he needs to get stronger and more consistent. He shot 46% from 3 in Eurocup on high volume so I got exited over that, but I just chekced his LKL percentages, and those are terrible, so maybe he is not as good of the shooter as I thought, got to admit I havent seen many Rytas games since Valanciunas days.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#1084 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:10 pm

coordinator0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

3 guys I would've been disappointed with if we took them at 15... The only thing that saved Stefanski was Sekou falling. I'm not the type to criticize the front office before they get a chance to prove themselves but this draft looked pretty bad for our front office actually. Sekou made #15 a no brainer, then we had that whole 30th pick/second round crap show that was all about drafting Arn Tellems son.........
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#1085 » by Jstock12 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:38 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

3 guys I would've been disappointed with if we took them at 15... The only thing that saved Stefanski was Sekou falling. I'm not the type to criticize the front office before they get a chance to prove themselves but this draft looked pretty bad for our front office actually. Sekou made #15 a no brainer, then we had that whole 30th pick/second round crap show that was all about drafting Arn Tellems son.........

I doubt it's just the front office. Dwane Casey loves to be involved in the process. I still remember when the Raptors drafted Terrence Ross ("better fit") instead of Drummond (best player available) because of Casey.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#1086 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I doubt it's just the front office. Dwane Casey loves to be involved in the process. I still remember when the Raptors drafted Terrence Ross ("better fit") instead of Drummond (best player available) because of Casey.

Well Ross is actually a pretty good player now and Drummond scared teams away. Teams pass on good talent for fit all the time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Casey was involved in the Sekou pick but I highly doubt he had anything to do with that second round fiasco. I like Casey. I think Raptors fans give him too much crap.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#1087 » by Kilo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:43 am

We've reached peak post-draft propaganda - According to one of the beat writers Detroit Pistons had first round grades on both Sirvydis and Bone and were surprised to get both.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:

Return to Detroit Pistons