ImageImageImage

Game 45: Sacramento Kings (23-22) @ Detroit Pistons (20-24) - 7:00 PM ET

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

sludgefoot
Junior
And1: 80

Re: Game 45: Sacramento Kings (23-22) @ Detroit Pistons (20-24) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#121 » by sludgefoot » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:52 am

Manocad wrote:For the record, that wasn't a double dribble. Hield didn't possess the ball when he "dribbled" it in order to gain possession. That happens all the time, particularly on steals. The defender slaps the ball out of the opposing player's hand and to the ground, it bounces back to him, and he gains possession. This situation is exactly the same thing except that instead of slapping the ball out of a player's hand he was slapping a loose (not yet possessed) ball to the ground in order to possess it after it bounced back to him.
You cannot pickup a dribble, take 2 steps to your left and shoot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using RealGM mobile app
sludgefoot
Junior
And1: 80

Post#122 » by sludgefoot » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:55 am

sludgefoot wrote:
Manocad wrote:For the record, that wasn't a double dribble. Hield didn't possess the ball when he "dribbled" it in order to gain possession. That happens all the time, particularly on steals. The defender slaps the ball out of the opposing player's hand and to the ground, it bounces back to him, and he gains possession. This situation is exactly the same thing except that instead of slapping the ball out of a player's hand he was slapping a loose (not yet possessed) ball to the ground in order to possess it after it bounced back to him.

When he picked up and controlled the ball he established a pivot foot. One step yes, 2 steps no.

djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,124

Post#123 » by djsunyc » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:01 am

Mr Peanut wrote:Let's just recognise Blake for a moment. Over the past 5 games averaging 32.6 points, 6.6 rebounds, 5.2 assists on 51% shooting.

SELL HIGH. no joke. he has a terrible contract and he won't last the duration of it. see if the lakers are interested.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#124 » by Manocad » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:07 am

sludgefoot wrote:
sludgefoot wrote:

When he picked up and controlled the ball he established a pivot foot. One step yes, 2 steps no.

Uh, yes, you can pick up a dribble, take two steps and shoot; that's continuation. Watch that sequence again frame by frame. Once he possessed the ball he stepped while putting the ball on the floor for one dribble, picked it up, took two steps and shot, all in one fluid sequence.

In any case, it's not worth arguing about in the grand scheme. The Pistons wouldn't have become a better team had they won and the loss contributes toward a better draft position.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,591

Post#125 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:26 am

Manocad wrote:
sludgefoot wrote:
sludgefoot wrote:You cannot pickup a dribble, take 2 steps to your left and shoot.

Uh, yes, you can pick up a dribble, take two steps and shoot; that's continuation. Watch that sequence again frame by frame. Once he possessed the ball he stepped while putting the ball on the floor for one dribble, picked it up, took two steps and shot, all in one fluid sequence.

In any case, it's not worth arguing about in the grand scheme. The Pistons wouldn't have become a better team had they won and the loss contributes toward a better draft position.

Not to mention he didn't even take two steps, he took one step. His right foot was on the ground when he gathered the ball and he took one step with his left. He could've taken a second step with his right foot and it still wouldn't have been a travel.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#126 » by Billl » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:02 pm

Are you really arguing about travel calls in the NBA? Guys travel. It's rarely called. The borderline ones are certainly never called.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#127 » by The_Irony » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:57 pm

it's been over 24 hours and that Jon leuer open 10 foot jumper miss still pisses me off.

this guy is literally worthless and needs to be off this team.

I love how the general idea was for Jon to have that position until Henry gets going while reality is they're our two worst players.

Stan was such a horrible evaluator of pf talent.

Return to Detroit Pistons