And1: 1,461

Re: Game 45: Sacramento Kings (23-22) @ Detroit Pistons (20-24) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#101 » by Canadafan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:50 am

sixerswillrule wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:Is that not a travel

Nah that's not a travel.

That was a double dribble

The L2M report for #Pistons -#Kings will just be titled "My bad, bro."

#Pistons Zaza Pachulia on Hield's game-winner: "He picks up the ball and dribbles again – I thought that was illegal; you can’t dribble twice"

#Pistons Blake Griffin: "I can’t say anything about the officiating, but I don’t know that I’ve ever been part of a game like that. (I'm) very frustrated. I’m almost at a loss for words at what happened."

#Pistons Blake Griffin on the no-call on Buddy Hield's game-winner: "Fumbling the ball, taking a controlled dribble to gather the ball, picking it up with two hands then taking another dribble definitely works to your advantage
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#102 » by sfballa13 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:50 am

Imagine if Vlade wasnt a moron and hadnt made that terrible Sixers deal and drafted Luka

The Kings would be scary right now
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#103 » by detroitKG » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:08 am

El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#104 » by El Chivo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:43 am

Did someone miss Drummond?

Reggie Jackson would be the greatest riddance of our history, better than Josh Smith.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
GBanga3
Rookie
And1: 404

Post#105 » by GBanga3 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:50 am

Just watched the replay... WHERES THE TIMEOUT?! When we had the ball with 30 seconds to go.
So mad. My neighbors probably think someone’s been murdered I just cursed so loudly. Magic game all over again.

Unlike others I can’t cheer for this team to lose, that would have been a great win for morale.
-Official #1 Australian Pistons Fan-
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#106 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:18 am

Let's just recognise Blake for a moment. Over the past 5 games averaging 32.6 points, 6.6 rebounds, 5.2 assists on 51% shooting.
Blomberg
Junior
And1: 265

Post#107 » by Blomberg » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Canadafan wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:

Nah that's not a travel.

#Pistons Zaza Pachulia on Hield's game-winner: "He picks up the ball and dribbles again – I thought that was illegal; you can’t dribble twice"

#Pistons Blake Griffin: "I can’t say anything about the officiating, but I don’t know that I’ve ever been part of a game like that. (I'm) very frustrated. I’m almost at a loss for words at what happened."

#Pistons Blake Griffin on the no-call on Buddy Hield's game-winner: "Fumbling the ball, taking a controlled dribble to gather the ball, picking it up with two hands then taking another dribble definitely works to your advantage

Clearly double dribble. Thanks refs!
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#108 » by Canadafan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Read on Twitter

K its not the end of the world but this video clearly shows it
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#109 » by Crymson » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:43 pm

GBanga3 wrote:Just watched the replay... WHERES THE TIMEOUT?! When we had the ball with 30 seconds to go.
So mad. My neighbors probably think someone’s been murdered I just cursed so loudly. Magic game all over again.

Unlike others I can’t cheer for this team to lose, that would have been a great win for morale.

We have a mediocre coach. He is at least a step up from our previous, awful coach. But he was yet another bad choice made by an inept organization.

I can just picture Tom Gores's thought process. "OMG IT'S THE COACH OF THE YEAR HE CAN HELP US WIN NOW WITH THIS GREAT ROSTER, GIVE HIM ALL THE MONEY HE WANTS!"

El Chivo wrote:Did someone miss Drummond?

Reggie Jackson would be the greatest riddance of our history, better than Josh Smith.

I did not miss Drummond. I would not have missed Jackson either.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#110 » by sixerswillrule » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:21 pm

Canadafan wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:

Nah that's not a travel.

At 1:13 where the ball grazes his fingertips? That's not a controlled dribble. He never gains control of the ball until he gathered it with two hands. One dribble, not a double dribble.
russkopp
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#111 » by russkopp » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:24 pm

This is exactly the loss we need. A loss to the Wizards on Monday and maybe some trades or major changes get rolling. Cuz one thing is for sure so far...we’re trash.
Fire Troy Weaver
sludgefoot
Junior
And1: 80

Post#112 » by sludgefoot » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:43 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:
Canadafan wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
Nah that's not a travel.

At 1:13 where the ball grazes his fingertips? That's not a controlled dribble. He never gains control of the ball until he gathered it with two hands. One dribble, not a double dribble.
Definite, not close, double dribble. You can not dribble the ball to control it, stop the dribble for full control, then dribble it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using RealGM mobile app
sludgefoot
Junior

Post#113 » by sludgefoot » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:50 pm

sludgefoot wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

Definite, not close, double dribble. You can not dribble the ball to control it, stop the dribble for full control, then dribble it again.

For all you "pogo stick" he can't pay the game types....

Before every game I tell him play free, let it fly, because he’s so good when he plays like that,” Griffin said. “Just his ability to score the ball from so many different spots -- from three, off the dribble, catch and shoot, mid-range pull-up, little floaters, up-and-unders, fakes, all that. He’s got a lot of stuff to his game. He’s great when he’s playing like that.”

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#114 » by DBC10 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:52 pm

Crymson wrote:
GBanga3 wrote:Just watched the replay... WHERES THE TIMEOUT?! When we had the ball with 30 seconds to go.

We have a mediocre coach. He is at least a step up from our previous, awful coach. But he was yet another bad choice made by an inept organization.

I can just picture Tom Gores's thought process. "OMG IT'S THE COACH OF THE YEAR HE CAN HELP US WIN NOW WITH THIS GREAT ROSTER, GIVE HIM ALL THE MONEY HE WANTS!"

El Chivo wrote:Did someone miss Drummond?

I did not miss Drummond. I would not have missed Jackson either.

Considering he's coked and drunk all the time, I don't see him ever making sound decision when it comes to this franchise.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#115 » by Canadafan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:55 pm

sludgefoot wrote:
sludgefoot wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:

Before every game I tell him play free, let it fly, because he’s so good when he plays like that,” Griffin said. “Just his ability to score the ball from so many different spots -- from three, off the dribble, catch and shoot, mid-range pull-up, little floaters, up-and-unders, fakes, all that. He’s got a lot of stuff to his game. He’s great when he’s playing like that.”

Blake talking about Luke?
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#116 » by sixerswillrule » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:03 pm

sludgefoot wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

Not definite at all. You're really stretching the word "dribble" if you call what he did at 1:13 a dribble. Play it in slow motion. Again the ball grazes his finger tips. That wasn't a dribble.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#117 » by Manocad » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:59 pm

russkopp wrote:This is exactly the loss we need. A loss to the Wizards on Monday and maybe some trades or major changes get rolling. Cuz one thing is for sure so far...we’re trash.

If the team you have is trash and is piling up losses, what’s the point in making immediate trades or major changes? There is NOTHING that can be done to make this team highly competitive in the short term. Thus any short term improvement is only a guarantee that they’ll stay on the treadmill.
sludgefoot
Junior

Post#118 » by sludgefoot » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Canadafan wrote:
sludgefoot wrote:
sludgefoot wrote:Definite, not close, double dribble. You can not dribble the ball to control it, stop the dribble for full control, then dribble it again.

Blake talking about Luke?
Yes

davidvolumes
Junior
And1: 154

Post#119 » by davidvolumes » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:15 pm

Watching last 3 games my conclusion is...blake, bullock, Kennard, za za, BEALE is greater than Blake, bullock, Reggie, brown, DRE. find a way to make it happen. Might be enough to contend in the east.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#120 » by Manocad » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:50 pm

For the record, that wasn't a double dribble. Hield didn't possess the ball when he "dribbled" it in order to gain possession. That happens all the time, particularly on steals. The defender slaps the ball out of the opposing player's hand and to the ground, it bounces back to him, and he gains possession. This situation is exactly the same thing except that instead of slapping the ball out of a player's hand he was slapping a loose (not yet possessed) ball to the ground in order to possess it after it bounced back to him.

Return to Detroit Pistons