ImageImageImage

Bullock to Lakers

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,922

Re: Bullock to Lakers 

Post#221 » by tmorgan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:30 pm

I like the effort. Please find vet mins better able to contribute than Calderon and Zaza, though.

Critiques:

Tolliver won't take the min.
Ellington won't sign for 5.
(most importantly) I doubt the Wiz take that for Beal. Those FRPs, particularly the 2020, aren't worth much if we're good.

Oddly enough, my biggest beef is with trading Kennard. I do have a problem with overvaluing people I see play regularly, though. I didn't give up on SJ until waaaaay too late.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#222 » by DetroitPistons » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:40 pm

tmorgan wrote:I like the effort. Please find vet mins better able to contribute than Calderon and Zaza, though.

Critiques:

Tolliver won't take the min.
Ellington won't sign for 5.
(most importantly) I doubt the Wiz take that for Beal. Those FRPs, particularly the 2020, aren't worth much if we're good.

Oddly enough, my biggest beef is with trading Kennard. I do have a problem with overvaluing people I see play regularly, though. I didn't give up on SJ until waaaaay too late.

I think Tolliver would take the vet min because he has always only been a fringe rotation player and is about to turn 34. The vet min is only a couple million less than what he makes now and he would actually get playing time here most likely.

Also, Calderon and Pachulia are only on that list for continuity and leadership and for Pachulia to be a fringe backup center from time to time.

Ellington is getting older as well and couldn't even get a spot in MIAs rotation which is nothing write home about. He also has strong ties here so I would say 5mil is more than enough but we can agree to disagree there.

I think that package is excellent for WASs rebuild actually. They get a blue chip prospect on a rookie deal in Kennard who fills in for Beal plus 3 FRPs. I can't remember the last time 3 FRPs were actually traded. I don't think they can ask for much more than that but I would also be willing to throw in Brown and Svi or reroute that LAL SRP to them if it needed to be sweetened.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#223 » by The Moose » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:30 pm

The Moose wrote:I like this trade. I was a fan of Svi pre draft

Looking at Bullock at this point, I'm even happier with this trade.
I feel at minimum Svi can be a good 6th man
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#224 » by El Chivo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:45 pm

we clearly won the trade. bravo Stefanski!
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#225 » by DBC10 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:46 pm

Trading Bullock is looking a lot better than I thought. I didn't mind the trade since we barely missed a beat by getting Ellington soon after but the 2nd and Svi is a good move.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#226 » by Snakebites » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:55 pm

I don’t love this recent pattern of bumping old threads.

Please stop...
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#227 » by 440BB » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:07 pm

I hope Reggie returns to good health and gets rewarded for it. Svi is looking more comfortable and contributes enough to stay in the rotation when Kennard comes back. I think he fits Casey's offensive style and is a young, inexpensive coachable piece of the puzzle.

Reggie played off Blake really well and with Blake out for the season, even if healthy he wouldn't have been as effective this year. This trade was a nice win for the Pistons.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver

Return to Detroit Pistons