ImageImageImage

Ellenson waived

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,943

Re: Ellenson waived 

Post#81 » by Uncle Mxy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:39 pm

In 7 games with the Knicks, he's shooting 32% FG, which beats Stanley's post-Pistons 29% FG.
Bricks50
Freshman
And1: 31

Post#82 » by Bricks50 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 pm

vege wrote:Good riddance scrub, a few years too late tho. A few more scrubs need to go before I consider watching another game.

Fairweather fans be jumping on and off the wagon I see.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#83 » by hoophabit » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Manocad wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
kellmellus50 wrote:Henry Ellenson went 1-of-5 from the field and 3-of-4 from the stripe on his way to five points, three rebounds and two turnovers in 15 minutes off the bench on Sunday.
Where was the calvary to tout this game?

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

Baptists are infatuated with Ellenson?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:eyebrows:
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#84 » by chrbal » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:43 pm

Uncle Mxy wrote:In 7 games with the Knicks, he's shooting 32% FG, which beats Stanley's post-Pistons 29% FG.

but he's shooting like 41% from the 3 point line.

Its crazy that of the two, henry has the better chance of being in the nba next year. Although some tanking team might take Stanley as cheap (very cheap) potential upside bench filler.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#85 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:06 pm

chrbal wrote:
Uncle Mxy wrote:In 7 games with the Knicks, he's shooting 32% FG, which beats Stanley's post-Pistons 29% FG.

but he's shooting like 41% from the 3 point line.

Its crazy that of the two, henry has the better chance of being in the nba next year. Although some tanking team might take Stanley as cheap (very cheap) potential upside bench filler.

I reckon when you are shooting less than 2 3's a game then it is easier to look like a great 3 point shooter. But, he is shooting 20% from the field in last 5 games while averaging 8mpg. He got paid guarantee to stick to a roster then went back to coasting.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#86 » by vege » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Bricks50 wrote:
vege wrote:Good riddance scrub, a few years too late tho. A few more scrubs need to go before I consider watching another game.

Fairweather fans be jumping on and off the wagon I see.

You calling me a bandwagon fan? I am from Brazil, which is pretty far away from Detroit. I have absolutely no ties to the city or to Michigan, yet I've chosen to be a Pistons fan since the 80's when I was a kid, and have been following the team whatever way I can since, even when it was impossible to watch games I would follow the play by play texts live (mostly during the teal era and early Ben Wallace's era) :wink:

Ellenson has always been terrible, he is out of place in a basketball court, he is clueless and he has showed several signs of imaturity while in Detroit.

For example, I remember once, in an important game, we called a time out. Van Gundy was drawing something, everyone was paying a lot of attention during that important time out. And on the court there was an event, where a fan made a shot from half court and he hit it, and the prize was a car.

Ellenson never paid attention to Van Gundy. He was looking at the guy shooting the ball the whole time. And as soon as he saw the shot was going to be good he grabbed Reggie Jackson, who instantly stop paying attention to Van Gundy and started celebrating the shot with Ellenson. You could clearly read Ellenson's lipts telling Reggie "that guy just won a car".

Is that the attitude you expect from a guy on his 2nd year (this happened last season if I'm not mistaken) who was terrible and blew every chance he had untill that moment? I wanted him waived that day. He wasn't just bad, he didn't realize the chance he was having, and he was being a distraction to important pieces of our team, during important moments.

Like I said. Good Riddance scrub. A couple of years too late.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#87 » by Invictus88 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:54 pm

So just for those keeping score, here are the minutes played and points since Henry has been in New York:

Opp Min Pts
SAS DNP 0
ORL 36 13
CLE 27 13
LAC 15 5
SAC 17 6
PHO 3 0
SAC 4 0
MIN DNP 0
IND DNP 0

It's up to you to theorize as to whether this usage is because the Knicks don't see him worthy of minutes or because he would go against the tank.

But it certainly doesn't look great that he has now been a DNP/CD for 2 games for the worst team in the league. The last of which they played their best players (DeAndre Jordan and Dennis Smith) 35 plus minutes apiece...

For those saying that Henry might end up lasting longer than Stanley... I just don't know. Yes, Stanley seems to be absolutely terrible on offense. But I guess I would think that good defensive ability against premier opponents would be a more marketable skill?

But I guess it's sort of like asking whether I would rather have flat 7-up or burnt coffee. I think I'd pick water in all cases and dump the other stuff in the sink...
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#88 » by BDM22 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:29 am

He’s their secret weapon for next year...

...‘s tank

Return to Detroit Pistons