Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

2019 Playoff Hunt Thread 

Post#101 » by Manocad » Mon Mar 4, 2019 5:35 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: I mean I guess if they beat us all to the ticket booths they could overrun us but I’m just saying selling out playoff games isn’t the same as riding downtown Sunday night freezing to watch a team try to get to .500
Honestly that would be an easy profit on the secondary market, selling to overzealous Raptor fans. So that may be why even in the playoffs the place could be overrun with them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah we should buy them up and go sell them for a huge profit cause those people will pay :lol:

While I’d love to be able to take full advantage of Toronto fans since I’ve had MANY experiences with obnoxious Blue Jays and Maple Leafs fans (which I think is more of a sports fans from Toronto thing than a particular team’s fans) I don’t think there’s going to be a big opportunity to snatch up a lot of tickets unless you’re willing to shell out some serious ducats yourself. My guess is they’ll sell out fairly easily.

Related side note: It may very well be coincidental, but my experiences with people/sports fans from Toronto is that they’re extremely arrogant about Toronto itself, like it’s the greatest city in the world, making the Toronto teams the greatest teams in the world and thus making Toronto fans the greatest fans and people in the world.

I’ve been to Toronto a number of times and had great experiences there. But if you feel it’s the best city in the world, your “world” must consist of only the province of Ontario. I’ve been lucky enough to travel the world a fair bit and Toronto doesn’t come remotely close to making my list of “Cities You Have to See If You’re Traveling the World.”
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: 2019 Playoff Hunt Thread 

Post#102 » by DetroitSho » Mon Mar 4, 2019 6:25 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: I mean I guess if they beat us all to the ticket booths they could overrun us but I’m just saying selling out playoff games isn’t the same as riding downtown Sunday night freezing to watch a team try to get to .500
Honestly that would be an easy profit on the secondary market, selling to overzealous Raptor fans. So that may be why even in the playoffs the place could be overrun with them.

Yeah we should buy them up and go sell them for a huge profit cause those people will pay
Lowkey tho....lol

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Post#103 » by bstein14 » Mon Mar 4, 2019 10:07 pm

Toronto or Indy series would sell out quickly, partly because when tickets go on sale 10% to 30% will be scooped up by opposing fans. The only way that doesn't happen is if enough Pistons fans put down deposits on season tickets for next year. This years season ticket holders will also likely get the chance to have first dibs on some extra playoff tickets as well. I wouldn't be surprised is a playoff series against Philly doesn't sell out. I remember getting playoff tickets against Orlando in 2003 for the first round the day of and the game wasn't a sell out. I'd expect we're back to the beginning and it will take some sustained success because we're actually selling out games even if it is the first round of the playoffs.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#104 » by Han Solo » Mon Mar 4, 2019 11:33 pm

Going to the game this Sunday against the Bulls. Maybe the best seats I’ve ever had. 2nd row from the floor. If you see a big Italian dude with a beard and a chick that looks like Jada Pinkett sitting next to him, that’s your boy Han Solo. Haha
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#105 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 5, 2019 1:27 am

Manocad wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:Honestly that would be an easy profit on the secondary market, selling to overzealous Raptor fans. So that may be why even in the playoffs the place could be overrun with them.

Yeah we should buy them up and go sell them for a huge profit cause those people will pay :lol:

While I’d love to be able to take full advantage of Toronto fans since I’ve had MANY experiences with obnoxious Blue Jays and Maple Leafs fans (which I think is more of a sports fans from Toronto thing than a particular team’s fans) I don’t think there’s going to be a big opportunity to snatch up a lot of tickets unless you’re willing to shell out some serious ducats yourself. My guess is they’ll sell out fairly easily.

Related side note: It may very well be coincidental, but my experiences with people/sports fans from Toronto is that they’re extremely arrogant about Toronto itself, like it’s the greatest city in the world, making the Toronto teams the greatest teams in the world and thus making Toronto fans the greatest fans and people in the world.

I’ve been to Toronto a number of times and had great experiences there. But if you feel it’s the best city in the world, your “world” must consist of only the province of Ontario. I’ve been lucky enough to travel the world a fair bit and Toronto doesn’t come remotely close to making my list of “Cities You Have to See If You’re Traveling the World.”

Worst fans for me are always New York fans. I have a friend in New Orleans. He would get Monday night football tickets at the Superdome if the Saints played at home. I went to see Saints vs Giants years ago. There musta been a couple thousand New Yorkers partying on Bourbon street all day since 11am. A bunch of us got drunk yelling at obnoxious New Yorkers all day long. Was much fun. Then, got so drunk that got lost trying to find the Superdome as we could barely stand. This was before rickshaws became popular. Was fairly drunk. Almost as drunk as Manocad last time I partied in Detroit with him.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,148

Post#106 » by ElectricMayhem » Tue Mar 5, 2019 3:01 am

The Hawks were down 1 with 10 seconds to go against the Heat. Couldn't or wouldn't foul.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#107 » by Manocad » Wed Mar 6, 2019 1:10 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Worst fans for me are always New York fans. I have a friend in New Orleans. He would get Monday night football tickets at the Superdome if the Saints played at home. I went to see Saints vs Giants years ago. There musta been a couple thousand New Yorkers partying on Bourbon street all day since 11am. A bunch of us got drunk yelling at obnoxious New Yorkers all day long. Was much fun. Then, got so drunk that got lost trying to find the Superdome as we could barely stand. This was before rickshaws became popular. Was fairly drunk. Almost as drunk as Manocad last time I partied in Detroit with him.

Definitely not one of my finer moments. I was FAWKED UP. That's what a little day drinking will do before a night out; you think you're just getting a little pre-party action going then WHAM--you've lost control of your body.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#108 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Mar 6, 2019 1:56 am

Manocad wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Worst fans for me are always New York fans. I have a friend in New Orleans. He would get Monday night football tickets at the Superdome if the Saints played at home. I went to see Saints vs Giants years ago. There musta been a couple thousand New Yorkers partying on Bourbon street all day since 11am. A bunch of us got drunk yelling at obnoxious New Yorkers all day long. Was much fun. Then, got so drunk that got lost trying to find the Superdome as we could barely stand. This was before rickshaws became popular. Was fairly drunk. Almost as drunk as Manocad last time I partied in Detroit with him.

Definitely not one of my finer moments. I was FAWKED UP. That's what a little day drinking will do before a night out; you think you're just getting a little pre-party action going then WHAM--you've lost control of your body.

That curb was a little higher than normal.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,607

Post#109 » by Snakebites » Thu Mar 7, 2019 6:25 am

Bulls do us a solid by beating Philly in a last second thriller- if Philly snags the third seed I'd just assume see us drop to 7th and get Toronto, but this improves Indy's chances of holding on.

Kind of shocking how bad their defense was on that last play. Lavine practically had the red carpet rolled out for him.

Need them to do us another solid by losing the next 2 to us.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#110 » by DetroitPistons » Thu Mar 7, 2019 9:46 am

Snakebites wrote:Bulls do us a solid by beating Philly in a last second thriller- if Philly snags the third seed I'd just assume see us drop to 7th and get Toronto, but this improves Indy's chances of holding on.

Kind of shocking how bad their defense was on that last play. Lavine practically had the red carpet rolled out for him.

Need them to do us another solid by losing the next 2 to us.

I think Embiid being out could be just enough to keep IND in that 3rd spot but we will see.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,148

Post#111 » by ElectricMayhem » Sat Mar 9, 2019 9:22 am

Ish Smith was in the playoffs for his 3rd, 5th, and 6th teams (that's his rookie year, 2nd year, and 3rd year). He hasn't been back to the playoffs since. He has 4 career playoff points. I want Ish in the playoffs every year.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,094

Post#112 » by The Moose » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:04 am

Seems like we will play either the Celtics or the Sixers, with a small chance of the Pacers.

Not sure who i would want more between Celtics and Sixers.

I want to face the Raptors, but it seems like a long shot unless we start losing games
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,325

Post#113 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:32 am

Pistons likely to end up at 6 but wanted to have seen Detroit and Toronto to face each other in the playoffs.

The guys seem to back up Dwayne Casey when he plays his former team. Well, perhaps in the decond round.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#114 » by mattao313 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:58 pm

The Moose wrote:Seems like we will play either the Celtics or the Sixers, with a small chance of the Pacers.

I want to face the Raptors, but it seems like a long shot unless we start losing games

I'd want Boston I think we'd have a better shot against them than the Sixers or Toronto.
Championships
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#115 » by MotownMadness » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:23 pm

This is getting good
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#116 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Pacers up 8 against PHI at halftime.

Raptors up 14 in MIA at halftime.

Finish strong losers.
ChuckVanBrown
Senior
And1: 352

Post#117 » by ChuckVanBrown » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:44 pm

Rooting for Indy to beat Philly too, giving them a better shot at landing the third seed. We have a good chance at beating the Pacers in the first round if we can sustain this level of play. Plus, I want to see a Sixers/Celtics first round matchup. Whoever loses that matchup could be in a world of hurt come the offseason.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#118 » by DBC10 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:59 pm

mattao313 wrote:
The Moose wrote:Seems like we will play either the Celtics or the Sixers, with a small chance of the Pacers.

I'd want Boston I think we'd have a better shot against them than the Sixers or Toronto.

Boston might be sorting out their implosion so no, if Hayward is remotely mentally and physically back, we’re going to be headed for an early exit. BOS and TOR is a no go for me, still don’t trust this team yet in a playoff series against deep talent. Philly maybe too since Embiid seems to really like feasting on us if he’s healthy.

Pacers all the way.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Post#119 » by tmorgan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:05 pm

Sixers about to tie the Pacers for the third spot... sigh. Anyone but the Sixers (and Bucks) for me. I don't need to see Dre mentally melt down against Embiid in the playoffs.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#120 » by vege » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Indiana is a very bad team. I wish we could play them but I think there's a higher chance we steal the 5th seed from them than they get the 3rd. They're awful.

Return to Detroit Pistons