_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 563

Re: Luke Kennard is a future star 

Post#61 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Fri Mar 8, 2019 10:56 am

DetroitPistons wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:2K19 is taking notice, bumped him up to a 75 :lol:

Is Tatum still rated higher than Griffin? :roll:

That's what happens when you've got college kids who only occasionally watch their teams engineering these games. :lol:
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#62 » by MotownMadness » Fri Mar 8, 2019 6:03 pm

_Und3r][D4wg_ wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:2K19 is taking notice, bumped him up to a 75 :lol:

Is Tatum still rated higher than Griffin? :roll:

That's what happens when you've got college kids who only occasionally watch their teams engineering these games. :lol:

Nah they got that game pretty accurate as far as strengths and weaknesses go. Hell at this point they got every player coming into the studio and doing whatever they do to get their animations down.

For a video game itā€™s pretty impressive how accurate itā€™s getting.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#63 » by Indomitable » Fri Mar 8, 2019 7:01 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
mattao313 wrote:I don't think Kennard is really the run around screen type like Korver or Reddick. He is more of a traditional 2 guard, like a a Fournier or Belineli.

I think a poor man's Ginobili is the best comparison mainly because he has pretty good ballhandling skills. He doesn't have Ginobili's athleticism but his ability to handle in the P&R and use his craftiness to get shots off in the paint and make plays out of the paint sets him apart from guys like Belineli or Korver imo. He also has the ability to get his shot off at midrange by shooting over defenders or using a jab step and pump fake to get his shot off in one on one situations. You don't see those other guys do that as much. Bascially Kennard has better one on one skills due to his ballhandling is what I'm trying to say.

Belinelli use to dunk on guys in his 20s. He played backup pg and was the primary ball handler to close for the Bulls back during DRose torn acl year.

He lost his burst a couple of seasons ago.
:banghead:
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#64 » by akhan786 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:31 pm

Itā€™s rare to see a player with that pretty of a jump shot AND with that pretty a floor game.

He is a hooper through and through. And is 10 times the prospect Reddick was coming out because of how heā€™s able to get his shot.

Dare I say it...thereā€™s a little Curry in him in terms of feel for the game sans passing and defense. At the same age, Curry was a senior at Davidson.

Even if he caps out at as 23ppg player (which is an easier number to obtain these days for a shooter). Thatā€™s a damn fine player to have and one that is easy to fit in with other great players as 1 of the 3-4 vital cogs you need to have a championship squad.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#65 » by akhan786 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:44 pm

vic wrote:Luke can be a poor man's Ginobli... less athleticism, more shooting, good playmaking.

But if they play him at PG he could be more.

Been saying this since they drafted him, even though I wanted Donovan Mitchell.

I like secondary PG more. Kind of like how Boston uses another player to bring the ball up the floor, so that Kyrie can then play make or come off a screen. Have Kennard catching the ball against a shifting defense
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#66 » by Invictus88 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 5:03 pm

I love this thread and have always been a proponent of his. That said, It's funny just how many people were willing to essentially trade him for peanuts just a couple weeks back.

Yes, he is playing more assertive but the tools have always been there.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,258

Post#67 » by GreekAlex » Sat Mar 9, 2019 5:10 pm

akhan786 wrote:Itā€™s rare to see a player with that pretty of a jump shot AND with that pretty a floor game.

He is a hooper through and through. And is 10 times the prospect Reddick was coming out because of how heā€™s able to get his shot.

Dare I say it...thereā€™s a little Curry in him in terms of feel for the game sans passing and defense. At the same age, Curry was a senior at Davidson.

Even if he caps out at as 23ppg player (which is an easier number to obtain these days for a shooter). Thatā€™s a damn fine player to have and one that is easy to fit in with other great players as 1 of the 3-4 vital cogs you need to have a championship squad.

Just for reference, Klay Thompson has NEVER in his 8 year career averaged 23 ppg.

Khris Middleton as a first time all-star this year is averaging about 17 ppg.

If he could get to 18 ppg on efficient shooting, Iā€™d be thrilled.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#68 » by DetroitSho » Sat Mar 9, 2019 5:25 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
akhan786 wrote:Itā€™s rare to see a player with that pretty of a jump shot AND with that pretty a floor game.

Just for reference, Klay Thompson has NEVER in his 8 year career averaged 23 ppg.

Khris Middleton as a first time all-star this year is averaging about 17 ppg.

If he could get to 18 ppg on efficient shooting, Iā€™d be thrilled.
Yeah my eyes bucked at the 23ppg. Like slow down Tito, damn.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
Bricks50
Freshman
And1: 31

Post#69 » by Bricks50 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 6:33 pm

Trading young talent too soon has always bothered me. For example, Dinwiddie and Middleton.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#70 » by Canadafan » Sat Mar 9, 2019 7:07 pm

Bricks50 wrote:Trading young talent too soon has always bothered me. For example, Dinwiddie and Middleton.

Dinwiddie I get. He was garbage for us.
Middleton was part of a trade for Jennings right? With Knight? I'm drawing a blank on that. Jennings Achilles injury makes it look awful but before that he was looking real nice for us
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#71 » by DetroitSho » Sat Mar 9, 2019 7:08 pm

Bricks50 wrote:Trading young talent too soon has always bothered me. For example, Dinwiddie and Middleton.
Dinwiddie was garbage here for 2 years and garbage with the bulls after he left. He does not count.

Bricks50
Freshman
And1: 31

Post#72 » by Bricks50 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 7:28 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
Dinwiddie was garbage here for 2 years and garbage with the bulls after he left. He does not count.

I disagree about Dinwinddie ever being ā€œgarbageā€, I always loved his game and he was young. Everyone doesnā€™t develop at the same pace. Glad we have Casey, a guy that recognizes talent before they peak.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#73 » by vic » Sat Mar 9, 2019 9:30 pm

Bricks50 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:

I disagree about Dinwinddie ever being ā€œgarbageā€, I always loved his game and he was young. Everyone doesnā€™t develop at the same pace. Glad we have Casey, a guy that recognizes talent before they peak.

Dinwiddie was always good. He had came off of a major leg injury, but the talent was always there and he showed flashes. If I'm a GM I learn to keep talent and size like that and let them develop.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#74 » by DetroitSho » Sat Mar 9, 2019 9:33 pm

Man what Dinwiddie were y'all watching?

vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#75 » by vic » Sat Mar 9, 2019 10:35 pm

6'6 pg with bball iq and defense. The one that was a +7 while the allstar pg next 2 him was a -4 the other night... leading a team less talented than the Pistons to the playoffs.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/nets-milwaukee-bucks-spencer-dinwiddie-1.26828841

All im saying is if your a GM you've gotta see the ability. I would have kept Dinwiddie at a lower price as a 3rd pg and let him develop. At the end of the day hes a 6'6 pg with youth, size, talent, defense, shooting, and iq. Khris Middleton, Steph Curry, Paul George all took 2-3 years to fully come back from leg injuries. Look at Demarcus Cousins. Smart teams see the future. Or we could develop 40 year old Jose Calderon and Jameer Nelson.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#76 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:38 am

Dinwiddie was a injured project that wasnā€™t fully recovered while he was here. You could argue we pulled the plug too quick on his rehab but he showed nothing while here otherwise.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#77 » by vege » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:46 am

Canadafan wrote:

Middleton was part of a trade for Jennings right? With Knight? I'm drawing a blank on that. Jennings Achilles injury makes it look awful but before that he was looking real nice for us

Yes, we could have traded either Singler or Middleton, we traded Middleton :banghead:
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#78 » by rmfc » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:59 am

vege wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

Yes, we could have traded either Singler or Middleton, we traded Middleton :banghead:

That trade still hurts. :banghead:
Even in very limited action, you could see that Middleton had lots of intriguing potential.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#79 » by Spider156 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:02 am

vic wrote:6'6 pg with bball iq and defense. The one that was a +7 while the allstar pg next 2 him was a -4 the other night... leading a team less talented than the Pistons to the playoffs.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/nets-milwaukee-bucks-spencer-dinwiddie-1.26828841

All im saying is if your a GM you've gotta see the ability. I would have kept Dinwiddie at a lower price as a 3rd pg and let him develop. At the end of the day hes a 6'6 pg with youth, size, talent, defense, shooting, and iq. Khris Middleton, Steph Curry, Paul George all took 2-3 years to fully come back from leg injuries. Look at Demarcus Cousins. Smart teams see the future. Or we could develop 40 year old Jose Calderon and Jameer Nelson.

Easy to say. Too easy. Another team let him go after us. It's not on our front office, we just couldn't wait for him to develop. It happens often to players.
Defense wins championships
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,977

Post#80 » by tmorgan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:12 am

Seriously though. We've done some dumbass things in the last ten years, but letting Dinwiddie go wasn't one of them. Some guys, particularly those with injury issues, take time you don't have.

If you want to look at things with balance, we also put a bunch of respect on Ish Smith's name and rescued Reggie Bullock's career.

Return to Detroit Pistons