ImageImageImage

Luke Kennard is a future star

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: Luke Kennard is a future star 

Post#81 » by DetroitSho » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:26 am

vic wrote:6'6 pg with bball iq and defense. The one that was a +7 while the allstar pg next 2 him was a -4 the other night... leading a team less talented than the Pistons to the playoffs.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/nets-milwaukee-bucks-spencer-dinwiddie-1.26828841

All im saying is if your a GM you've gotta see the ability. I would have kept Dinwiddie at a lower price as a 3rd pg and let him develop. At the end of the day hes a 6'6 pg with youth, size, talent, defense, shooting, and iq. Khris Middleton, Steph Curry, Paul George all took 2-3 years to fully come back from leg injuries. Look at Demarcus Cousins. Smart teams see the future. Or we could develop 40 year old Jose Calderon and Jameer Nelson.
Dafuq? This guy never played for the Pistons. Just curious, what's your thoughts on Stanley Johnson?

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,523

Post#82 » by zeebneeb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:01 am

vic wrote:
Bricks50 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:Dinwiddie was garbage here for 2 years and garbage with the bulls after he left. He does not count.

I disagree about Dinwinddie ever being “garbage”, I always loved his game and he was young. Everyone doesn’t develop at the same pace. Glad we have Casey, a guy that recognizes talent before they peak.

Dinwiddie was always good. He had came off of a major leg injury, but the talent was always there and he showed flashes. If I'm a GM I learn to keep talent and size like that and let them develop.
He absolutely was not. This is revisionist history. He was so bad it was hilarious. I remember having discussions that he was some shooter but would miss the entire basket when he shot.

Dinwiddie was a disaster here, period.
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#83 » by DetroitSho » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
vic wrote:
Bricks50 wrote:I disagree about Dinwinddie ever being “garbage”, I always loved his game and he was young. Everyone doesn’t develop at the same pace. Glad we have Casey, a guy that recognizes talent before they peak.

Dinwiddie was always good. He had came off of a major leg injury, but the talent was always there and he showed flashes. If I'm a GM I learn to keep talent and size like that and let them develop.
He absolutely was not. This is revisionist history. He was so bad it was hilarious. I remember having discussions that he was some shooter but would miss the entire basket when he shot.

Yeah this

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#84 » by MotownMadness » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
vic wrote:
Bricks50 wrote:I disagree about Dinwinddie ever being “garbage”, I always loved his game and he was young. Everyone doesn’t develop at the same pace. Glad we have Casey, a guy that recognizes talent before they peak.

Even if people seen good signs there’s no way anyone thought he had a ceiling like he has now. I thought he could become serviceable with a Delon Wright type of impact ceiling just for example if everything went right but then he just came back on another level.

It goes to show you never know when or if how some of them develop but this happens to every franchise cause these players don’t show anything and your forced to go with someone else if your trying to win.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#85 » by vic » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:19 am

Yeah my bad its probably just the water in Brooklyn. I couldn't have really seen what I saw
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 560

Post#86 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:32 am

MotownMadness wrote:...It goes to show you never know when or if how some of them develop but this happens to every franchise cause these players don’t show anything and your forced to go with someone else if your trying to win.

This.

People also forget how much of a wake-up call it must've been for Dinwiddie to be traded twice, forcing him to refocus & re-commit completely to improving his game. 'Change of scenery' or 'fresh start' is also a real thing for some. I reckon the psychological impetus had nearly as much to do with his improvement as do the factors which are attributable to his experience with the Nets.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#87 » by MotownMadness » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:49 am

vic wrote:Yeah my bad its probably just the water in Brooklyn. I couldn't have really seen what I saw

I’m not saying you didn’t see something. I remember posting on the Bulls forum there could be something there if someone’s willing to give him the development when they traded for him.

I’ll admit though I didn’t think he was capable of a ceiling like he showed but IDK maybe I was missing something.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,148

Post#88 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:40 am

It doesn't matter if you saw something or not. We got Cameron freakin' Bairstow. THE FUTURE IS OURS FOR THE TAKING!
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,348

Post#89 » by hoophabit » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:11 pm

Luke had a good game yesterday. Not a good shooting game, but a good overall game. 9 boards, 4 assists, and the best +/- on the team (yes, I know it's not a perfect measure, but not a meaningless one either.)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#90 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:30 pm

vic wrote:Yeah my bad its probably just the water in Brooklyn. I couldn't have really seen what I saw

Sometimes, when a NBA player sees there shot in the NBA dwindling, they go all out working hard on their game so they can stick with a team. We have seen it many times before like Redick in his rookie contract year. After flunking out of Detroit and Chicago, he worked to make a team. Glad it worked out for him. He was horrid here most of the time showing glimpses of being able to score here and there, but even that was rare, more like once in 10 games.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
vic
Veteran

Post#91 » by vic » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:33 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

Sometimes, when a NBA player sees there shot in the NBA dwindling, they go all out working hard on their game so they can stick with a team. We have seen it many times before like Redick in his rookie contract year. After flunking out of Detroit and Chicago, he worked to make a team. Glad it worked out for him. He was horrid here most of the time showing glimpses of being able to score here and there, but even that was rare, more like once in 10 games.

We've also seen many times that when young players have leg injuries, it may take them 2 or so years to get back to form. Then it could take them another year or so to get into their proper role on the team. We saw this with Curry (his first few years were filled with injuries), Middleton, currently with Cousins, the list goes on. We can even see it with Reggie Jackson. It took him almost a year to get right.

In the end, when the player can play to their full potential, talent always wins. It only happens when the GM/coach sees the fit and puts the puzzle pieces together the right way. Change of scenery only works when the person in charge of the scenery puts the player in the right position to succeed.

It's all a value judgement. Is the talent worth the wait? Do you underpay the temporary underperformer, or do you overpay the mediocre veteran? GSW and Milwaukee made the decision to underpay the temporary underperformers...
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#92 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:00 pm

vic wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

We've also seen many times that when young players have leg injuries, it may take them 2 or so years to get back to form. Then it could take them another year or so to get into their proper role on the team. We saw this with Curry (his first few years were filled with injuries), Middleton, currently with Cousins, the list goes on. We can even see it with Reggie Jackson. It took him almost a year to get right.

In the end, when the player can play to their full potential, talent always wins. It only happens when the GM/coach sees the fit and puts the puzzle pieces together the right way. Change of scenery only works when the person in charge of the scenery puts the player in the right position to succeed.

It's all a value judgement. Is the talent worth the wait? Do you underpay the temporary underperformer, or do you overpay the mediocre veteran? GSW and Milwaukee made the decision to underpay the temporary underperformers...

Bucks didn't underpay. Middleton wasn't a temporary underperformer. He was a throwin who ended up better than advertised.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#93 » by DBC10 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:05 pm

ElectricMayhem wrote:It doesn't matter if you saw something or not. We got Cameron freakin' Bairstow. THE FUTURE IS OURS FOR THE TAKING!

Yeah Bairstow was THE missing piece we needed. Clearly we needed to trade Dinwiddie away you fools. /s

SVG just sucked at developing and he was in win now mode constantly since he’s both a president and coach. It sucks but it’s true because he didn’t want to wait until what Dinwiddie could be for being a 2nd rounder
vic
Veteran

Post#94 » by vic » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:43 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
vic wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Bucks didn't underpay. Middleton wasn't a temporary underperformer. He was a throwin who ended up better than advertised.

sure thing... I know the water in Milwaukee is just as nice as Brooklyns. glad they got an all-star throwin
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#95 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:25 pm

vic wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
vic wrote:

sure thing... I know the water in Milwaukee is just as nice as Brooklyns. glad they got an all-star throwin

The ironic part is both primary name players in Knight/Jennings ended up duds.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#96 » by vege » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Buycks showed a lot more talent in Detroit than Dinwidie. Your posts are laughable vic.
vic
Veteran

Post#97 » by vic » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:12 pm

vege wrote:Buycks showed a lot more talent in Detroit than Dinwidie. Your posts are laughable vic.

I'm glad you enjoy them. keep laughabling.

I sure hope Buycks finds his way to a place where the water is better so he can be an allstar and lead his team to the playoffs.
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#98 » by DetroitSho » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:41 pm

On Gahd I hope Stanley Johnson doesn't become some sharpshooter that learns to finish at the rim. You'll have people on here lying saying they saw it all along. Dinwiddie was amazingly mediocre for 3 years.

Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,665

Post#99 » by Invictus88 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:08 pm

I remember being mad at the Middleton throw-in because it seemed completely unnecessary at the time and he had already showed to be a capable defender. I think he had just started shooting threes.

I think I remember Dinwiddie having like one good game for us during his tenure; it might have even been when he started in place of injured players?

But what I also remember was him being completely lost a lot of the time when he was on the court. I also don't remember anyone raising a big stink at the time he was being traded?

If you actually did do that vic then you should definitely quote it as a post in this thread to strengthen your viewpoint.

Otherwise I'll continue to believe that the best thing Brooklyn water is good for is hindsight.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,441

Post#100 » by Canadafan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:34 pm

People always mention Middleton was just a throw in. How do we/you know this? Maybe Bucks wanted him and only him with Knight for Jennings.

Return to Detroit Pistons