ImageImageImage

Weakness of this team

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Weakness of this team 

Post#41 » by Manocad » Mon Apr 8, 2019 6:18 pm

El Chivo wrote:Basically every facet of the game.

Yep.

What is the weakness of this team? Easy answer.

This team.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#42 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 8, 2019 7:00 pm

djsunyc wrote:do you guys feel casey :

1. overachieved with this roster
2. underachieved with this roster
3. performed on par to roster talent

On par, I’d say. This is a roster that gets you a bit less than .500, which is exactly where we are.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#43 » by DBC10 » Mon Apr 8, 2019 7:32 pm

Snakebites wrote:

On par, I’d say. This is a roster that gets you a bit less than .500, which is exactly where we are.

And we've been doing this for how long now? Isn't it about time to reset at this point?

I challenge everyone to go to bballref and look at our past history in the last ten years. It's pitiful besides that one year we got swept by LeBron. That's the best we can do with the core pieces we laid as foundation for the team.

This ain't it chief.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#44 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 8, 2019 8:35 pm

DBC10 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

And we've been doing this for how long now? Isn't it about time to reset at this point?

I challenge everyone to go to bballref and look at our past history in the last ten years. It's pitiful besides that one year we got swept by LeBron. That's the best we can do with the core pieces we laid as foundation for the team.

This ain't it chief.

We’ve been crying out for a reset for years now, at least I have. I wanted us to go full rebuild 10 years ago after the Iverson trade blew up the team.

Of course it’s not it. But it’s what we’ve got and there’s no indicator of a desire or willingness to change course. The longer we wait the harder it is to sell a rebuild to an ownership that’s presided over all that losing. It is amazing that we haven’t changed tactics yet, but I’m long past the point of thinking that’s even possible.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#45 » by DBC10 » Mon Apr 8, 2019 9:34 pm

Snakebites wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:On par, I’d say. This is a roster that gets you a bit less than .500, which is exactly where we are.

This ain't it chief.

We’ve been crying out for a reset for years now, at least I have. I wanted us to go full rebuild 10 years ago after the Iverson trade blew up the team.

Of course it’s not it. But it’s what we’ve got and there’s no indicator of a desire or willingness to change course. The longer we wait the harder it is to sell a rebuild to an ownership that’s presided over all that losing. It is amazing that we haven’t changed tactics yet, but I’m long past the point of thinking that’s even possible.

Yeah, I wasn't pointing you out or anything, just a rhetorical question and pointing out the absurdities of this team's history.

If this owner truly was dedicated to winning, then he'd try something different. As much as the team sucks and empty seats, I'm guessing that it still hasn't hit that threshold where it's alarming for ownership to try something new. Fans should honestly boycott at this rate.

Return to Detroit Pistons