ImageImageImage

Game 65: Detroit Pistons vs Chicago Bulls NOON start time!

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

davidvolumes
Junior
And1: 154

Re: Game 65: Detroit Pistons vs Chicago Bulls NOON start time! 

Post#41 » by davidvolumes » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Thon maker is by far more valuable to the Pistons than Stanley ever was. it's a thing of beauty watching thon set the screen for the shooters. His height acts as a deterrent under the basket which Stanley never posed a threat
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#42 » by jakebernat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:39 pm

davidvolumes wrote:Thon maker is by far more valuable to the Pistons than Stanley ever was. it's a thing of beauty watching thon set the screen for the shooters. His height acts as a deterrent under the basket which Stanley never posed a threat

still might have the worst hands I’ve ever seen though lol
ChuckVanBrown
Senior
And1: 352

Post#43 » by ChuckVanBrown » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Another great win. Hopefully the starters got some rest for tomorrow’s game vs the Nets. If we win that one, it will definitely put us in the drivers seat for the sixth seed.

I’ve been as critical of Galloway and his contract over the past few seasons as anyone, but it’s been awesome seeing him play well this past month. With him, Ellington and Kennard, we got a solid core of outside shooters. Even if only one of them is having a good shooting night, the defense has to keep them honest, which goes a long way in wearing down our opponents.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,704

Post#44 » by zeebneeb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:49 pm

I've got to say, as much crap as I've given Detroit it has really turned around, and the LCA is amazing.

Great experience at the game today, Q-Line is perfect.

Good win as well!
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#45 » by DetroitSho » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:56 pm

ChuckVanBrown wrote:Another great win. Hopefully the starters got some rest for tomorrow’s game vs the Nets. If we win that one, it will definitely put us in the drivers seat for the sixth seed.

I’ve been as critical of Galloway and his contract over the past few seasons as anyone, but it’s been awesome seeing him play well this past month. With him, Ellington and Kennard, we got a solid core of outside shooters. Even if only one of them is having a good shooting night, the defense has to keep them honest, which goes a long way in wearing down our opponents.
Past few seasons? This his 2nd year here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
ChuckVanBrown
Senior
And1: 352

Post#46 » by ChuckVanBrown » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:02 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
ChuckVanBrown wrote:Another great win. Hopefully the starters got some rest for tomorrow’s game vs the Nets. If we win that one, it will definitely put us in the drivers seat for the sixth seed.

Past few seasons? This his 2nd year here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

That’s what I mean by few: last season and this one. Either way, even his harshest critics in the past have to be happy with his game over this stretch. His play has been a big factor in this team’s success lately.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#47 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:12 pm

This start time was a complete injustice to us west coasters! Disgusting!
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#48 » by MotownMadness » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:20 pm

zeebneeb wrote:I've got to say, as much crap as I've given Detroit it has really turned around, and the LCA is amazing.

Good win as well!

Crazy how much nicer it’s looks. I was born in 85 and always remembered downtown even looking ghetto and now it looks bad ass
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#49 » by MotownMadness » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Had no idea we played this early and completely missed it, worth rewatching?
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#50 » by zeebneeb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:05 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Had no idea we played this early and completely missed it, worth rewatching?
Langston was amazing in this, worth the watch alone. The Bulls had energy for about 1 1/2 quarters then it was over. Pistons just creamed them in the second half.

Worth it.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#51 » by Manocad » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:44 pm

zeebneeb wrote:I've got to say, as much crap as I've given Detroit it has really turned around, and the LCA is amazing.

Good win as well!

Now you know why I was calling utter BS on anyone arguing that the Pistons' attendance sucked at LCA because "no one from the suburbs wants to go down to Detroit."
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#52 » by zeebneeb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Manocad wrote:

Good win as well!

Now you know why I was calling utter BS on anyone arguing that the Pistons' attendance sucked at LCA because "no one from the suburbs wants to go down to Detroit."
The change in Detroit is utterly amazing. I remember when downtown was a wasteland. Its actually a living city now.

The arena is top notch. So damn nice.

Most people still think downtown Detroit is a no go, and coming from me, the person who has called it a warzone, hellhole, and "nuke it from orbit", a nice place in the core, is something.

I would go again!
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#53 » by DBC10 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Manocad wrote:

Good win as well!

Yep. Downtown would have way more people if it starts to look like we have a semblance of a winning product. Whereas Auburn Hills, who gives a damn.

The concentration of things to do and people down there in a slow but reviving Detroit is multitudes better. People just didn’t know.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#54 » by vege » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:17 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Had no idea we played this early and completely missed it, worth rewatching?

Yes it is worth rewatching the game. Reggie/Galloway/Blake destroyed the Bulls.
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 563

Post#55 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:48 am

Good win as well!

Did you get free tickets? I hear they're waiving ticket fees for the remaining regular home games this season. :)
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#56 » by zeebneeb » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:22 am

_Und3r][D4wg_ wrote:

Good win as well!

Did you get free tickets? I hear they're waiving ticket fees for the remaining regular home games this season. :)
My bro got us some great tickets, m12 I believe?

I want the ones that were right behind us with a bar and stool to sit at. Turn around, have a ton of free space and get another drink at the bar!

That place is great. I used the bathroom twice, and once no one was in there with me, which is bizarre. Open and fun!

Return to Detroit Pistons