ImageImageImage

Sources: Pistons' Blake Griffin likely to miss first-round series with Bucks

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Re: Sources: Pistons' Blake Griffin likely to miss first-round series with Bucks 

Post#2 » by Kilo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:01 am

Do we know when it initially was injured? Better not have been in the ASG. He came back and wasn't the same.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Re: Sources: Pistons' Blake Griffin likely to miss first-round series with Bucks 

Post#3 » by The Moose » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:05 am

I can't help but feel this was a waste of season man
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#4 » by Manocad » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:12 am

April Fools!

Or not

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,045

Post#5 » by bstein14 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am

Better to sit him out rather than risk further injury.

Makes those comments by Casey about how he "can't injury it any worse than it already is" look really stupid now.

Makes that April fools article even more ridiculous now as well. That website should never be shared here by anyone ever again.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#6 » by El Chivo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:29 pm

Sigh
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#7 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Well that sucks. Any chance of getting back decent value for him in the offseason and rebuilding just got crushed. Now hes one year older, increased salary for the next few years, and another injury to the list. If he could of just finished the season healthy this year we could of sold him as a healthy reinvented Blake.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#8 » by DBC10 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:35 pm

bstein14 wrote:Better to sit him out rather than risk further injury.

Makes those comments by Casey about how he "can't injury it any worse than it already is" look really stupid now.

Makes that April fools article even more ridiculous now as well. That website should never be shared here by anyone ever again.

That was just a dumb comment from Casey and co. Blake hasn't had a fully healthy season since 2013 but yeah, it can't get any worse.
Dutch Michigan
Senior
And1: 116

Post#9 » by Dutch Michigan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:48 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Hopefully he’s ready for round 2

:lol:
Fetchez la vache !
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#10 » by DCintheD » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:15 pm

Great excuse for Gores after getting blown tf out this entire series. Even with Blake this team would get swept. Maybe not by 40 every night but for sure swept.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#11 » by Moses ShamMoses » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:20 pm

Th-th-th-th-th-...

Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 332

Post#12 » by Drwho17 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:52 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:Well that sucks. Any chance of getting back decent value for him in the offseason and rebuilding just got crushed. Now hes one year older, increased salary for the next few years, and another injury to the list. If he could of just finished the season healthy this year we could of sold him as a healthy reinvented Blake.

I'm not sure your analysis of the situation is correct. Blake Griffin just had the best season of his career, he's proven that he can hit the 3, he's the top stretch-4 in the game at this point, plus he can go down low and get points, he just played in the most games (75) that he has played in 5 years, his contract is one year shorter and his game looks like it will age fine. If anything this year has greatly increased his value and put him back on the radar as a top 20 player, I've seen some that list him top 10 this year. I think his knee injury is minor, probably just needs to be scoped out.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#13 » by Billl » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Drwho17 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:Well that sucks. Any chance of getting back decent value for him in the offseason and rebuilding just got crushed. Now hes one year older, increased salary for the next few years, and another injury to the list. If he could of just finished the season healthy this year we could of sold him as a healthy reinvented Blake.

I'm not sure your analysis of the situation is correct. Blake Griffin just had the best season of his career, he's proven that he can hit the 3, he's the top stretch-4 in the game at this point, plus he can go down low and get points, he just played in the most games (75) that he has played in 5 years, his contract is one year shorter and his game looks like it will age fine. If anything this year has greatly increased his value and put him back on the radar as a top 20 player, I've seen some that list him top 10 this year. I think his knee injury is minor, probably just needs to be scoped out.

The knock on blake was never that he couldn't play when healthy. It's been that he can't stay healthy. So yeah, having a great season and then missing playoffs due to injury is yet another hit to his value. The only reason to pay blake this much is if you think he can help you win now.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#14 » by Invictus88 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:30 pm

DCintheD wrote:Great excuse for Gores after getting blown tf out this entire series. Even with Blake this team would get swept. Maybe not by 40 every night but for sure swept.

As you mention, I think it was a foregone conclusion by most everyone that we would get beaten badly in this series -- Blake or no Blake. So logically I don't really follow how losing Blake is a good excuse for anything?
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#15 » by flow » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:56 pm

I don't buy the story. I think he'll play. Not that it matters.
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#16 » by Arp590 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Props to PistonPowered for breaking this news 2 weeks ago. 8-)
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#17 » by Invictus88 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Arp590 wrote:Props to PistonPowered for breaking this news 2 weeks ago. 8-)

April Fools Everyone! :nonono:

Don't worry if you don't find this funny. It's okay. It's only supposed to be funny to me apparently.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#18 » by DCintheD » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:53 pm

Invictus88 wrote:
DCintheD wrote:Great excuse for Gores after getting blown tf out this entire series. Even with Blake this team would get swept. Maybe not by 40 every night but for sure swept.

As you mention, I think it was a foregone conclusion by most everyone that we would get beaten badly in this series -- Blake or no Blake. So logically I don't really follow how losing Blake is a good excuse for anything?

you must not hear Tom Gores speak much then. My point is that he will use Blake's injury as an excuse to why they performed poorly in the playoffs and proceed to not do anything to significantly change the direction of this franchise.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#19 » by Manocad » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:53 pm

Invictus88 wrote:
Arp590 wrote:Props to PistonPowered for breaking this news 2 weeks ago. 8-)

April Fools Everyone! :nonono:

Don't worry if you don't find this funny. It's okay. It's only supposed to be funny to me apparently.

I think it’s an even better April Fools joke now that it did actually happen. Like looking at a mirror showing your reflection from the mirror behind you...it just keeps going and going and going...
bballnmike
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#20 » by bballnmike » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 pm

Hmmm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Detroit Pistons