1 - horrendous
16%

Total votes: 37

ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Re: Thoughts on the Season Thread 

Post#21 » by ElectricMayhem » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:06 am

It's nice that we got into the playoffs, but this team is like a one of those funhouse rooms with a super low ceiling.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Phobo_Phile
Sixth Man
And1: 357

Post#22 » by Phobo_Phile » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:03 am

Reading this thread really makes me think I should stick to RealGM to discuss anything Pistons. I've been preaching to the heavens that a rebuild is needed and it's good to know that I'm not alone. Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit all seem to think that we've accomplished something to be proud of and we're going to magically improve simply by being embarrassed on national TV.
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#23 » by DTP » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:00 am

A real "rebuild" isn't realistic until after next season. Drummond is 25 years old, two time all-star, has pretty much been an iron man for this era of NBA players....I really don't understand all of the Drummond hate. Is he perfect? No. But what player is? Last season he was very good and this season once Casey learned how to use him, he was VERY good. Don't let one bad matchup fool take away from that...and Brook Lopez is just a horrible matchup.

It would be great if we could find an upgrade at point guard, sure. But giving Jackson away for a downgrade, what does that really accomplish at this point? This team was never going to be worse than the Knicks, Bulls,Cavs, or Suns and wish the new lottery rules, tanking isnt even a guarantee.

Player development is going to be huge with this team. If we can't develop talent, it does us no good. Luke seems like he could be a very good piece if we continue to develop him. There should be a good perimeter option available at our first round pick, the front office has to get this right and coaching staff have to develop the talent. You're in for one more season of .500 ish basketball and then a true reset is possible, but it's not happening before then.

Small market teams like us don't really have the luxury to really tank much. Indiana- doesn't tank..they reloaded. Milwaukee never tanked, they reloaded (their top 3 guys Giannis, Middleton, and Bledsoe werent even top 5 picks). Cleveland has tried but with the exception of LeBron it really hasn't worked out for them and if LeBron wasn't from ohio they wouldn't have a championship at this point. Dream all you want but this is reality.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#24 » by El Chivo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:00 am

Being a 50% team once again won't guarantee us a playoff appearance.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#25 » by Billl » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:18 pm

El Chivo wrote:Being a 50% team once again won't guarantee us a playoff appearance.

Of course not, but that's been about the cutoff in the east recently. If you are in that range, you'll be fighting for that last spot. The conference hasn't had much depth for a long time.

Return to Detroit Pistons