ImageImageImage

Blake and Luke

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

sludgefoot
Junior
And1: 80

Blake and Luke 

Post#1 » by sludgefoot » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:04 pm

What kind of offense would allow Blake and Luke on the floor at the same time, and result in helping each other's game. Goal seems to be to increase touchs for Luke and while his shot attempts, while at the same time relieve stress from Blake having too many touchs. Particularly having to back people down from the top of the key and going 1 on 2 or 3 (which he can do, but is physically draining and is an injury waiting to happen). Blake, it seems, needs to become more "Chauncy like" by picking his spots or he'll simply breakdown or burn out. To lead next years team, he needs to help raise his teammates games!

Sent from my SM-T387T using RealGM mobile app
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Re: Blake and Luke 

Post#2 » by DBC10 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:10 pm

For starters, having a 3 n D PG would do wonders for your statement. And then having Ish doing backup duties off the bench would really balance out the roster.

The shots for Blake can stay the same, we just need shooters and guys that can actually smartly hit shots instead of chucking would actually make us competitive.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#3 » by Canadafan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:23 pm

^^^^MLE on Beverly
Trade Reggie for Fournier
Draft SF at #15
Offseason over lol. That's about best case scenario for now
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#4 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Canadafan wrote:^^^^MLE on Beverly
Draft SF at #15

Beverley is a nice player and there are some good players at 15, including SFs, but I cannot and will not every endorse bringing on Fournier. Every time I see that guy play he bricks everything and is horrendous on defense. His playoff performance was a disgrace to basketball. I would rather player 4 on 5 lol.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#5 » by Billl » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:53 pm

Eh, it's mostly just luke. He took most of the year to finally start being aggressive with the ball. Hopefully he keeps that up. Next step is being aggressive without the ball. If he's going to play big minutes with Blake, he'll have to do most of his work without the ball in his hands.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#6 » by DCintheD » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Draft SF at #15

I dont care for Fournier but if it means Reggie gone I'm all for it.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#7 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:35 pm

DCintheD wrote:
Draft SF at #15

This is ridiculous. Why the blind hate for Jackson? He was excellent the second half of the season. Jackson has better stats than Fournier (including 3pt shooting), is no worse than Fournier defensively, and has 1 less year on his contract than Fournier. But yeah, lets just make an objectively bad trade that downgrades our roster and future just because of irrational hate for Jackson...
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#8 » by Canadafan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:07 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
DCintheD wrote:
Draft SF at #15

This is ridiculous. Why the blind hate for Jackson? He was excellent the second half of the season. Jackson has better stats than Fournier (including 3pt shooting), is no worse than Fournier defensively, and has 1 less year on his contract than Fournier. But yeah, lets just make an objectively bad trade that downgrades our roster and future just because of irrational hate for Jackson...

Tbh I just like Beverly and think he'd work great with Luke and Blake.
If we went after Fournier I'd prefer it to be for LG and Leuer.
Maybe then we could have RJ be the 6th man scorer he should be. Problem is he wouldn't like that In a contract year
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#9 » by DCintheD » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:02 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
DCintheD wrote:
Draft SF at #15

screw fournier I don't care for him. but I want the reggie/drummond era over and done with. one or the other or both off this roster will help us move past this phony culture.

I'd rather trade Reggie/Leuer/Galloy for Conley and sign Beverly.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
potatoaim
Senior
And1: 317

Post#10 » by potatoaim » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:11 pm

Conley is a good player, but he'll be 32 at the start of next year, and the best case scenario is that he misses 10-15 games a year. But with him, there is a good chance for more. Id be a hard pass on him.
sludgefoot
Junior

Post#11 » by sludgefoot » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:37 pm

Billl wrote:Eh, it's mostly just luke. He took most of the year to finally start being aggressive with the ball. Hopefully he keeps that up. Next step is being aggressive without the ball. If he's going to play big minutes with Blake, he'll have to do most of his work without the ball in his hands.
Think that's the problem. If Blake's going 1 on 1, 70% of the time...anyone running around is either going to run into Blake's efforts and get in the way OR they're wasting their time. When Blake has the ball little option but stand and watch and stay out of his way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using RealGM mobile app
sludgefoot
Junior

Post#12 » by sludgefoot » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
DCintheD wrote:
Draft SF at #15

Granted Jackson played better for who he is, but a floor General involving others he is not. I actual yelled at the tv watching Reggie stand in one spot dribbling 10 plus seconds off the clock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using RealGM mobile app
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#13 » by vege » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:12 pm

When Blake was back against Milwaukee, Luke was back being invisible, so while I don't like sludgefoot and think he is a terrible poster, he has a valid point here. Luke and Blake are not playable together, and Blake does need a lot of help, Luke could and should be part of this help, but something needs to change for that to happen.

Blake said it's his fault, he said he needs to get Luke better shots early to get him going and give him confidence, and it's part of Luke's development as young player, to understand when and how to be more agressive.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#14 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:27 pm

vege wrote:When Blake was back against Milwaukee, Luke was back being invisible, so while I don't like sludgefoot and think he is a terrible poster, he has a valid point here. Luke and Blake are not playable together, and Blake does need a lot of help, Luke could and should be part of this help, but something needs to change for that to happen.

Blake said it's his fault, he said he needs to get Luke better shots early to get him going and give him confidence, and it's part of Luke's development as young player, to understand when and how to be more agressive.

Lol I don't mind sludgefoot haha. I think Luke and Blake can work. They just need more chemistry. Luke was still effective in the last two games of the series and only took a few less shots but honestly, I think that has more to do with Drummond playing like a complete idiot and trying to go one on one in the post and stuff like that. ALL of those stupid Drummond shots could've been kick outs to Luke to let him run a play or something.
AnnArborpiston
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#15 » by AnnArborpiston » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:30 am

Play Luke at PG and bring Reggie off the bench as 6th man. Don't re-sign Ish (Can't hit a three in the playoffs) Smith.

Kennard
Brown
Ellington
Blake
Drummond

I really think Brown will have a stella sophomore season. This summer he'll work tirelessly on his outside shot, and be a solid 3 and D guy from here on out. Luke can run a very solid pick n role game with his foul line jumpers. He's too slow as a 2 to get free of his man. Milwaukee gave him no separation. But from the point he should get more opportunities for pull-up 3s and to utilize his very good passing game.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#16 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Draft SF at #15

For one, Beverly is a Free Agent. 2nd, doubt Clips would trade straight up.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#17 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:02 pm

Reggie had a solid year when the dust settled. He worked his way back from injury and adjusted to playing off the ball more. I'm fine with him sticking around to finish out his contract or trading him for an upgrade. But no, I don't think we need to give him away for nothing or pay a team to take him off our hands.

I'd shop Drummond over the summer to see what we could get. I like Drummond and think he is a good center but probably isn't worth $25- 30M / year and we really need some help on the wings.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#18 » by DBC10 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:49 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:Reggie had a solid year when the dust settled. He worked his way back from injury and adjusted to playing off the ball more. I'm fine with him sticking around to finish out his contract or trading him for an upgrade. But no, I don't think we need to give him away for nothing or pay a team to take him off our hands.

I'd shop Drummond over the summer to see what we could get. I like Drummond and think he is a good center but probably isn't worth $25- 30M / year and we really need some help on the wings.

He objectively isn't worth 25+ for his services. That's why there's going to be little trade value or desire for him in the off-season. Unless the Hornets supermax Kemba and try like hell to pair him with Dre for whatever reason.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#19 » by The_Irony » Sun May 5, 2019 9:34 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Draft SF at #15

read his post again. he's saying spend the MLE on signing Beverly
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#20 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun May 5, 2019 10:12 pm

The_Irony wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Draft SF at #15

read his post again. he's saying spend the MLE on signing Beverly

Oh,ok.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Detroit Pistons