ImageImageImage

French Connection

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Southern Piston
Senior
And1: 95

French Connection 

Post#1 » by Southern Piston » Wed May 22, 2019 3:25 am

So I’m going with some hypotheticals here, but hear me out. First of all we need a young pg prospects/s to pin our future on. I want Frank Ntilikina for years, I think we could get him for Robinson the third, and Bruce Brown, I know he is a bust so far, but Ny is a tough place to really excel, especially as a 19 yr old, it’s only been two seasons, do I have to bring up Dimwiddie, we’d have two lottery picks from a top draft, one offensive minded the other defensive, it’s a good risk, Bruce Brown is never gonna reach top 10 for his position, Ntilikina could get there in the next five years. After Kemba Walker leaves, Charlotte will be ready to make a move. Reggie Jackson and Laur, for tony Parker, and Nicolas Batum. Chrarlotte gets out of Batums contract a year early, and gets two one yr contracts to play with. We then draft Sekou Doumbuyo, he and Ntilikina are tutored by Batum and Parker for two seasons. We sign Derrick Rose as are starter for 2 years and burn the current group out, in by the time Griffin leaves we should have a 1,2,3 ready to play, and Drummond still around maybe Maker, the roster overall would still be as competitive as it been, with a little more potential. In the current seasons. Anybody like it.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,265

Re: French Connection 

Post#2 » by GreekAlex » Wed May 22, 2019 4:38 am

Wow... that could lead to such great promotions at LCA with French fries and French toast.

Maybe they’d schedule more early games with a brunch theme. French Crepes and French toast for all.

Can we scout any Belgian players so we can include Belgian waffles?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the_l_train
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#3 » by the_l_train » Wed May 22, 2019 4:42 am

Don't know enough about Doumbuyo to know if it's worth hoarding all these Frenchmen for him.

Bruce Brown has a better chance of panning out than Frank...I would still go after him if we didn't have to give up Bruce. I'm all aboard the Sign Derrick Rose train, but we would have to choose between Rose or Ntilikina. If we choose Frank, we gotta throw him into the fire and start him.

Batum may do better with change of scenery, and we should have plenty of minutes at SF to go around...anything to move on from the Reggie Jackson era.

I see the dream here, and I don't hate it. It all rides on Sekou being a stud.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,945

Post#4 » by Uncle Mxy » Wed May 22, 2019 12:02 pm

Merde non!
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#5 » by hoophabit » Wed May 22, 2019 12:23 pm

Pretty sure most have Sekou going ahead of the Pistons anyway.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#6 » by Manocad » Wed May 22, 2019 12:36 pm

You lost me at “make the roster as competitive as it has been” because I heard “stay on the treadmill.”

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,396

Post#7 » by Billl » Wed May 22, 2019 1:45 pm

Wow, that's a whole lot of horrible. No way I would trade expirings for Batum without first round picks coming our way. (Kemba isn't leaving anyway). Not trading a decent rotation player for a bust either. Sekou is certainly on the radar, but he's slotted before we pick in most mocks.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,271

Post#8 » by vege » Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm

lol at trading expirings for Batum, that's gross, he's been bad and his contract is a top 3 worst contract in the league, only John Wall and Andrew Wiggins are worse than Batum.

And lol at giving up Bruce Brown for Ntilikina. Bruce Brown already is what Ntilikina is expected to be...
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,901

Post#9 » by MotownMadness » Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 pm

I don’t think Sekou will be there at 15.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#10 » by ducler » Wed May 22, 2019 5:00 pm

MotownMadness wrote:I don’t think Sekou will be there at 15.

Yep, we can start to feel some hype around that guy.
As a French, I'd be glad to have him though.
TurboTitan
Starter
And1: 1,936

Post#11 » by TurboTitan » Wed May 22, 2019 9:03 pm

tank for frank!
“We don't see ourselves as All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.” ~SHEED
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,802

Post#12 » by DBC10 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:55 pm

Ntilikina isn't a good basketball player.

Objectively he's not. His defense is the only thing he seems to be good at. His shot, which is supposedly one of the things he had coming out the draft is still MIA.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#13 » by DCintheD » Wed May 22, 2019 11:32 pm

WE NEED TO TRADE UP FOR SEKOU!
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS

Return to Detroit Pistons