ImageImageImage

Blake Griffin makes All-NBA 3rd team

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Blake Griffin makes All-NBA 3rd team 

Post#1 » by MotownMadness » Thu May 23, 2019 6:10 pm

Congrats big man, hell of a year from him. Sorry I suck at posting twitter feeds to give the full list. I’m sure one of you can handle it 8-)
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Re: Blake Griffin makes All-NBA 3rd team 

Post#2 » by vege » Thu May 23, 2019 7:12 pm

He deserved it for sure.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,956

Post#3 » by tmorgan » Thu May 23, 2019 7:52 pm

(now trade him and Dre for value and rebuild)
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#4 » by MotownMadness » Thu May 23, 2019 8:05 pm

tmorgan wrote:(now trade him and Dre for value and rebuild)

Pistons see your rebuild and raise you a 8th seed with load management
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#5 » by DCintheD » Thu May 23, 2019 8:28 pm

SELL HIGH
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#6 » by DetroitPistons » Thu May 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Well deserved
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,762

Post#7 » by theBigLip » Thu May 23, 2019 9:30 pm

Definitely well deserved. And as crazy as his contract is, I'd say good trade by the Pistons. Now can we get a few more shooters around him?
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#8 » by thesack12 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:43 pm

Well deserved indeed.

His level of production despite having minimal help and always being the focal point of opposing defense's game planning is very impressive.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,077

Post#9 » by MrBigShot » Fri May 24, 2019 4:16 am

Very well deserved, he had one hell of a season and its a shame he has such little help around him. If he were elsewhere this year he would've been in the MVP race.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
tradez401
Starter
And1: 617

Post#10 » by tradez401 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:42 am

stefanski gotta work some wonders to get blake help cant run the guy into the ground like the past season.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,505

Post#11 » by whitehops » Fri May 24, 2019 1:42 pm

definitely deserved it, thankfully he was able to stay (mostly) healthy while playing as well as he did. hopefully his knee injury isn't too serious and he can continue to work on his game/strengthening his body instead of rehabbing.

fun fact: blake was one of three players in the league to average 7 3PA and 7 FTA per game. harden and paul george were the other two, who both made the first all-nba team. they obviously had better seasons but it shows blake's unique ability to put pressure on the paint and make teams pay from outside. if his shot improves like it did this past season he could have an even bigger impact going forward.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,773

Post#12 » by Snakebites » Fri May 24, 2019 3:48 pm

It's a well deserved honor, but we definitely saw the consequences of using him as much as we did as the year drew to a close.

Changes are needed, and I have my doubts we'll get another season like that from him. He needs help, because I don't think continuing to use him in the extreme roll he was used in last year is sustainable.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#13 » by DBC10 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:09 am

MotownMadness wrote:

Hey, don't downplay the perennial death race that is the 8th seed between Charlotte, Chicago, Miami, and the Wizards. If we win out between them, that's basically our championship according to our owner.

It's a big deal. /s
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#14 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat May 25, 2019 2:55 am

DBC10 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

Hey, don't downplay the perennial death race that is the 8th seed between Charlotte, Chicago, Miami, and the Wizards. If we win out between them, that's basically our championship according to our owner.

It's a big deal. /s

Pistons are my second favorite team so I feel obligated to post on here 5 times a year.

Our teams are ****. Especially my Hornets. Good for Blake, dude has heart. Hoping my Dukie Kennard can live up to the Harden-Lite comparisons i laid on him when he was drafted.

Walker making all nba supermax money when our team already sucks. You guys should be kinda thankful. Damn. We should all meet up somewhere inbetween and have a drink. Half kidding.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,762

Post#15 » by theBigLip » Sat May 25, 2019 3:53 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Pistons see your rebuild and raise you a 8th seed with load management

It's a big deal. /s

Pistons are my second favorite team so I feel obligated to post on here 5 times a year.

Our teams are ****. Especially my Hornets. Good for Blake, dude has heart. Hoping my Dukie Kennard can live up to the Harden-Lite comparisons i laid on him when he was drafted.

Walker making all nba supermax money when our team already sucks. You guys should be kinda thankful. Damn. We should all meet up somewhere inbetween and have a drink. Half kidding.

thx for one of your 5 posts :-)

I'm very curious of your Walker situation. He is an awesome player but can you really afford to pay him SuperMax when your team didn't even make the playoffs? If you do, you won't have any money to make any changes and will be on the playoff bubble forthe next 4 years. If you don't, might as well blow everything up and start over and watch your best player leave for nothing. Tough spot to be in.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#16 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat May 25, 2019 4:07 am

theBigLip wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

It's a big deal. /s

thx for one of your 5 posts :-)

I'm very curious of your Walker situation. He is an awesome player but can you really afford to pay him SuperMax when your team didn't even make the playoffs? If you do, you won't have any money to make any changes and will be on the playoff bubble forthe next 4 years. If you don't, might as well blow everything up and start over and watch your best player leave for nothing. Tough spot to be in.

We can afford it. If we enjoy mediocrity. After next year Biyombo, and MKG along with Marvin Williams expire loading a ton of cap room. But, for what? We need Michigan States own Mile Bridges to become a stud. His twitter is rather gratifying to fans. After the all rookie teams were announced he said "i played like ass all seasom, dont deserve any award. Next year will be different. ". - paraphrasing, but i love it.

To answer your question we will not offer Kemba the supermax but the bird max if he wouldn't have made all nba. 5 years 190 mill. Still 50 mill more than he could make from any other offer. Theres only one PG worth the supermax , and Kemba is no where near Curry
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#17 » by Manocad » Sat May 25, 2019 11:34 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Pistons see your rebuild and raise you a 8th seed with load management

It's a big deal. /s

I’ve met up with lots of RealGM members over the years here in Detroit and other parts of Michigan, in Vegas and other places in the US, even in Australia.

Return to Detroit Pistons