ImageImageImage

Trade Blake to move us forward

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Re: Trade Blake to move us forward 

Post#81 » by bstein14 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:11 pm

Also I will say, Blake's contract moving forward is now much less bad than what a new player on a Max deal would look like if that new player isn't better than Blake.

Butler, Middleton, Harris, etc on MAX deals are worse contracts than Blake's 3 years remaining because Blake is a better player and the money per year isn't that different.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,761

Post#82 » by Snakebites » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:26 pm

bstein14 wrote:Also I will say, Blake's contract moving forward is now much less bad than what a new player on a Max deal would look like if that new player isn't better than Blake.

Butler, Middleton, Harris, etc on MAX deals are worse contracts than Blake's 3 years remaining because Blake is a better player and the money per year isn't that different.

It’s to the point almost where it’s not even worth it to keep an all star player who isn’t MVP caliber beyond they first post-rookie deal unless you’re a contender. We’re not quite at that point yet where it’s not even worth it to resign guys but man is it getting close.

Max deals have gotten insane.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#83 » by King Ken » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:33 pm

If it matters, I have zero interest in any trade with Detroit for Atlanta for the most part. That said, any rumor at this point is just that, a rumor. Nothing substantial. Likely nothing that came from anyone with credibility. I have been reaching out to those close all morning and everyone laughed when I brought it up. This just qualifies as twitter bull.
Bknight4three
Junior
And1: 219

Post#84 » by Bknight4three » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:37 pm

The hawks fans in this thread are selling Blake’s trade value short. He’s a max player on a 3 year deal who was traded for Tobias + a first a year and a half ago. Since then, his game has progressed and he has stayed healthy.

He would be amazing for the culture in Atlanta. They have a bunch of exciting young guys but having a superstar leader there every day is so valuable. With Blake they are in the playoffs next year learning to compete. 8 and 10 aren’t that valuable to a franchise like ATL loaded with young talent.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#85 » by King Ken » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:45 pm

Bknight4three wrote:The hawks fans in this thread are selling Blake’s trade value short. He’s a max player on a 3 year deal who was traded for Tobias + a first a year and a half ago. Since then, his game has progressed and he has stayed healthy.

He would be amazing for the culture in Atlanta. They have a bunch of exciting young guys but having a superstar leader there every day is so valuable. With Blake they are in the playoffs next year learning to compete. 8 and 10 aren’t that valuable to a franchise like ATL loaded with young talent.

No he wouldn't. I actually watch DET. He is one of those players who is worth way less than he is currently paid. He isn't a franchise player anymore. He is just a guy better than a guy but worse than the guy. He is basically Joe Johnson level when we traded him to Brooklyn. That's a trash value for the most part. Please leave us out of your misery.

8 is worth more than him.
As is 10.

I'll rather those than Blake any day all day.

If you want him in Atlanta, Bazemore/Plumlee and two 2nd rounders at best. Maybe even Prince at most and that's only if it makes sense to even get BG which it doesn't.
Joe Berry
Veteran
And1: 418

Post#86 » by Joe Berry » Mon Jun 3, 2019 2:03 pm

Blake to the Hawks makes as much sense as the Blake to the Pistons trade. The 8th and 10th picks in a weak draft, might as well be the 20th & 22th in a good draft. That's not gonna do it. Pistons traded a borderline allstar in Harris and the 13th pick in a good draft for Griffin.
Gores likes his superstars. Pistons have given no indication they will rebuild and trade Griffin, its not gonna happen guys - they want to build around Griffin whether you like it or not.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#87 » by MotownMadness » Mon Jun 3, 2019 2:24 pm

King Ken wrote:
Bknight4three wrote:The hawks fans in this thread are selling Blake’s trade value short. He’s a max player on a 3 year deal who was traded for Tobias + a first a year and a half ago. Since then, his game has progressed and he has stayed healthy.

No he wouldn't. I actually watch DET. He is one of those players who is worth way less than he is currently paid. He isn't a franchise player anymore. He is just a guy better than a guy but worse than the guy. He is basically Joe Johnson level when we traded him to Brooklyn. That's a trash value for the most part. Please leave us out of your misery.

As is 10.

If you want him in Atlanta, Bazemore/Plumlee and two 2nd rounders at best. Maybe even Prince at most and that's only if it makes sense to even get BG which it doesn't.

Bro you have no clue what you are talking about and don’t watch any of our games if you just compared him to a older version of Joe Johnson.

Blake is better then anyone on your roster by quite a bit at the moment and that’s playing against double teams every possession damn near
Bknight4three
Junior

Post#88 » by Bknight4three » Mon Jun 3, 2019 3:39 pm

King Ken wrote:

As is 10.

Continue beating your head against a wall if that’s what you prefer. Blake’s offensive game is extremely well rounded. He put up enough production to be 3rd team all-nba in Detroit with pieces around him that don’t even fit with his game. The 8th pick in this draft isn’t very valuable.

I’m fine with you saying you don’t like the trade and don’t want your team to do it. That’s fair. I would probably feel that way if I was a Hawks fan. But you are delusional if you don’t think the Pistons can get that type of value for Blake if they decide to trade him.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#89 » by DetroitPistons » Mon Jun 3, 2019 5:55 pm

King Ken wrote:

As is 10.

The only thing you watch is the other posts from delusional posters who pretend that Griffin is 35, coming off two achilles ruptures, averaging 10ppg on 30% shooting, and making $50mil for the next decade. Reality is that he is a young 30, coming off his best season ever averaging 25/8/5, his healthiest season in forever, and made 3rd team all NBA all while being a model citizen and spectacular leader. But clearly you don't want to let the facts disrupt your narrative.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#90 » by Manocad » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:07 pm

I don’t believe there is any real substance to this.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Bknight4three
Junior

Post#91 » by Bknight4three » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:12 pm

Manocad wrote:I don’t believe there is any real substance to this.

I don’t either.

Last year Gores sold Casey on his “vision” for the franchise and Casey continually praises Blake and said that the opportunity to coach him was part of the reason he took the job.

That same group isn’t trading Blake for rookies to start a rebuild. We’d be among the worst teams in the nba after that move. I don’t think Gores is ready to go there.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#92 » by vic » Mon Jun 3, 2019 7:18 pm

Does anyone think the Pistons could get #6 from the Suns for Reggie Jackson and anything else?
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#93 » by MotownMadness » Mon Jun 3, 2019 7:20 pm

vic wrote:Does anyone think the Pistons could get #6 from the Suns for Reggie Jackson and anything else?

No probably not
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#94 » by DetroitPistons » Mon Jun 3, 2019 7:56 pm

vic wrote:Does anyone think the Pistons could get #6 from the Suns for Reggie Jackson and anything else?

Yeah. Jackson, Kennard, and 2 future FRPs. Lol
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#95 » by jakebernat » Mon Jun 3, 2019 9:45 pm

^this dude said #10 is worth more than blake griffin...some people just aren’t worth debating with
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#96 » by DetroitPistons » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:02 pm

jakebernat wrote:^this dude said #10 is worth more than blake griffin...some people just aren’t worth debating with

Are you talking about me? I never said that...
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#97 » by Manocad » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:06 pm

Bknight4three wrote:
Manocad wrote:I don’t believe there is any real substance to this.

I don’t either.

Last year Gores sold Casey on his “vision” for the franchise and Casey continually praises Blake and said that the opportunity to coach him was part of the reason he took the job.

That same group isn’t trading Blake for rookies to start a rebuild. We’d be among the worst teams in the nba after that move. I don’t think Gores is ready to go there.

I was referring to the Atlanta thing with my post, but also don't believe the team is putting any real effort into shopping Blake.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#98 » by vege » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:40 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
jakebernat wrote:^this dude said #10 is worth more than blake griffin...some people just aren’t worth debating with

Are you talking about me? I never said that...

He is talking about the Atlanta delusional kid.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#99 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:07 am

Ha! Knew it was fake
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#100 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:32 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:Ha! Knew it was fake