ImageImageImage

Drummond’s trade value

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Re: Drummond’s trade value 

Post#81 » by DBC10 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:45 pm

MotownMadness wrote:If Drummond ends up opting out we are gonna have a crap ton of money too spend next offseason. I thought there’s no way in hell he ever would but watching guys like Barnes and Horford opt out has me wondering.

With our luck, he'll opt out, maybe test FA for fun and just sign a new max deal with us.

But I wont disparage the org that much. He'll likely opt out to sign a longer deal elsewhere or maybe a team friendly discount. If he's anywhere around 18 mil, he's a great asset.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#82 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:25 pm

DBC10 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:If Drummond ends up opting out we are gonna have a crap ton of money too spend next offseason. I thought there’s no way in hell he ever would but watching guys like Barnes and Horford opt out has me wondering.

With our luck, he'll opt out, maybe test FA for fun and just sign a new max deal with us.

But I wont disparage the org that much. He'll likely opt out to sign a longer deal elsewhere or maybe a team friendly discount. If he's anywhere around 18 mil, he's a great asset.

:jawdrop:
DBC10
General Manager

Post#83 » by DBC10 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:08 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

:jawdrop:

I was being sarcastic btw. No way any sane person would want to re-up Dre to a new max contract

maybe if that person was in a Russian Gulag for 10 years and only were fed Drummond highlights for entertainment
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#84 » by flow » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:30 pm

Willie Cauley-Stein wants out of Sacramento.

Bring him here. Give them Dre.

I'll leave to trade-fitting to others to make it work.

DBC10
General Manager

Post#85 » by DBC10 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:06 pm

^ Barnes did just opt out of his 25 mil player option so it's not like they don't have space...

Surprisingly they could make some noise if Dre was on that team. Fox, Bogdan, and Heild are already pretty good for young guys. Add an actual center for them and they make noise and the only reason they acquired Barnes was from a misguided playoff push which I don't blame considering their playoff drought.

Who knows they do it though.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#86 » by El Chivo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:37 pm

DBC10 wrote:^ Barnes did just opt out of his 25 mil player option so it's not like they don't have space...

Surprisingly they could make some noise if Dre was on that team. Fox, Bogdan, and Heild are already pretty good for young guys. Add an actual center for them and they make noise and the only reason they acquired Barnes was from a misguided playoff push which I don't blame considering their playoff drought.

Who knows they do it though.

They had no reason to tank since their pick belonged to Celtics. And the price they paid for Barnes was pretty low.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#87 » by Kilo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Dumars joined the Sacto FO as an adviser to Vlade as well. I don't want WCS really though but I'd take him if it means trading out Dre. They plan on keeping Barnes though so not sure how a deal could be built.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
flow
Assistant Coach

Post#88 » by flow » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Kilo wrote:Dumars joined the Sacto FO as an adviser to Vlade as well. I don't want WCS really though but I'd take him if it means trading out Dre. They plan on keeping Barnes though so not sure how a deal could be built.

I like WCS. He's a hard-nose/high-motor player with some skill, he's as young as Dre, and he's cheap for at least the next two seasons.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,256

Post#89 » by GreekAlex » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 pm

flow wrote:
Kilo wrote:Dumars joined the Sacto FO as an adviser to Vlade as well. I don't want WCS really though but I'd take him if it means trading out Dre. They plan on keeping Barnes though so not sure how a deal could be built.

I like WCS. He's a hard-nose/high-motor player with some skill, and he's cheap for at least the next two seasons.

How is he cheap for the next 2 seasons? Isn’t he a free agent?
flow
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by flow » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:22 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
flow wrote:

I like WCS. He's a hard-nose/high-motor player with some skill, and he's cheap for at least the next two seasons.

Ah, I stand corrected. Thought he had a year left on the deal. He's a RFA now. My bad.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,256

Post#91 » by GreekAlex » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:46 pm

flow wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
flow wrote:

Ah, I stand corrected. Thought he had a year left on the deal. He's a RFA now. My bad.

In the most recent article about him, his agent is trying to convince the Kings not to extend the qualifying offer so he can be unrestricted.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#92 » by The_Irony » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:49 pm

Drummond is going to have a career year and opt out i can see it already

Return to Detroit Pistons